will be traveling for vacation..any tips?

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
so I will be traveling from Oklahoma to Louisiana to Orlando(doing multiple stops) in May.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the cheapest price?? so maybe plan for May 11-14 at Louisiana, and may 14-20 at florida, and then go back home.

Does anybody have any tips or tricks to minimizing the cost? I will be looking online that's for sure.

people say to fly on a Tuesday or Thursday usually saves some money.

So is it better to go directly to the airline website? some people say that that usually helps too.

NOw, are there actually a certain airport that is cheaper in those cities that I should get on??

any ideas?

also, is it better to book as fast as possible, or do prices usually get lower as it approaches the trip day

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Semidevil
also, is it better to book as fast as possible, or do prices usually get lower as it approaches the trip day

if you go to http://www.travelzoo.com/Airfares.asp they have great fares a week before the flight. Otherwise you should book as soon as possible. yes, weekdays are better, and they recommend to stay a sat night instead of flying on sat.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
at travelzoo, the best thing I could find is
New Orleans to Miami - $139 RoundTrip
link

I found nothing coming out of Oklahoma City, and Baton Rouge only led to Atlanta and Dallas.
This site isn't the best on selection but they are great with prices.

They are also pretty consistent. If you check back next week, they should have much of the same flights/prices.