Will a Santorumite coup dtat happen?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I don't think we've seen the last of Rick Santorum and his ilk in politics. The Radical Religious Right is still a potent force, otherwise they'd have been no more than a blip in the primaries. Santorum nearly beat out Romney to clench the nomination, which is pretty fucking scary. Should (when) Mitt loses, the GOP will need to turn elsewhere for 2016. Unfortunately I think they will double down on crazy even more. Santorum may be their guy then.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I love how when somebody has the guts to admit to some form of mental problem and the good sense to seek help vultures swoop down to strip the carcass. So sad there's so much self hate in the world that all folk can do is pray they can build their egos on the backs of folk who are down. Look look at me, see how much better I am than he. But you're not better. This bullying horse shit just says you're a self hating pile of shit.

Feb 4, 2009
Look at Moonbeam bringing some sanity here, Mr. 420 do you really need assistance? If so I was only joking....good luck man.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I guess it's possible that Santorum isn't the Anti-Christ because Romney is really just as selfish and that's why he and Clinton support each other. I really don't think Clinton and Obama see eye to eye with other. We don't know that Clinton voted for Obama in 08, do we? Clinton also wasn't really one who could see the other side logically like Obama could... Clinton did it through his heart (as in emotionally) rather than his mind and he said something about interest rates at the DNC that were kind of double edged sword that I think was something against Obama. Obama did help expose what a strong willed, illogical, emotional retard Hillary was and I think that's something Clinton still holds against him. Obama's logic seldom yields the truth, but I distrust his ass less than the last three Presidents (as well as the retard Romney) and I trust him more than I trust Rand Paul actually. Something isn't right with Rand Paul and his personality is abrasive (like Romney's actually is and how it could be observed in 08, but not as much this campaign... Romney's going to start snapping again soon) unlike that of his father at least. Cutting the backstory, I think maybe Romney and the Rethuglicans will just launch a coup d'tat because Obama couldn't be controlled as easily by Wall Street. Seriously, Romney's buddies there must be really frustrated with the incumbent because the latter duped their asses (they admitted that they won't continue to get the govt activism they want from Obama if he got a second term) and he would ditch them for good. Obama should've just put his foot down long ago, maybe he thought he could game the system better but I hope and believe he'll get the hang of it. As for Johnson, I kind of believe he's a statist and a Kochtopus agent and he may cause Obama to lose. I mean, he boasted about "quasi privatizing" prisons as governor of NM and that's something to be ashamed of in my opinion. I heard it only saves 1% of the prison budget too (I admit that there really isn't much that can be calculated but outright socialization still is the same as public private partnerships in the long run). Johnson is much more of a traditional Republican than Dr. Paul is ironically... Johnson seems too much like Christie Todd Wittman really.
I don't think we've seen the last of Rick Santorum and his ilk in politics. The Radical Religious Right is still a potent force, otherwise they'd have been no more than a blip in the primaries. Santorum nearly beat out Romney to clench the nomination, which is pretty fucking scary. Should (when) Mitt loses, the GOP will need to turn elsewhere for 2016. Unfortunately I think they will double down on crazy even more. Santorum may be their guy then.
I actually think Santorum may have won WI, but it was rigged in Romney's favor. He probably quit when he realized Romney was pre-guaranteed this. Like you, I'm a little more scared of the Republicans too if for different reasons. It's almost like they want govt to force inequality which is more of a revolt against nature than what the Democratic Party claims to stand for... which is because no one naturally has more sovereignty than anyone else.