Will a PhysX card play fair with my 2x4850's

ajaidevsingh

Mar 7, 2008
I have seen a card in the dealers shop not very cheap but seems to be in new condition and sealed with warranty...

The cards for around $100 "Its for Rs5000"

The only problem is that i have no idea if it will work well with 2x4850's or cap the FPS of every other game??

Has anyone tried a PhysX card with a 48xx CF config.????

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
I wouldn't jump the gun on buying a physx card. The CUDA language used for Physx runs on ATI cards just fine. I can't find the link right now, but I actually think sooner or later ATI cards will suport physx acceleration.

Oh, did find the link, http://www.tomshardware.com/ne...ia-ati-physx,5841.html

I think AMD isn't going to wholeheartedly support it though, because they are working with intel on havok ... But I'd just wait a little, and see what happens ...

dadach

Nov 27, 2005
the point is, that some of us dont want to use existing card power to do something that a dedicated card can do...so will dedicated aegia card work with ati configuration w/o problems?

ajaidevsingh

Mar 7, 2008
Originally posted by: MarcVenice
I wouldn't jump the gun on buying a physx card. The CUDA language used for Physx runs on ATI cards just fine. I can't find the link right now, but I actually think sooner or later ATI cards will suport physx acceleration.

Oh, did find the link, http://www.tomshardware.com/ne...ia-ati-physx,5841.html

I think AMD isn't going to wholeheartedly support it though, because they are working with intel on havok ... But I'd just wait a little, and see what happens ...

Off course you are right but when i tried GTX 260 with Physx driver i was much disappointed with the drop in performance which will only increase with newer games and also as it is 2x4850 is no super king of performance.. I cant take a hit on FPS for some games!!

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
What games have you tried? I've tried them all on a 9800GTX+ and even on a slow system, the games were very playable. You can check my benches in the other thread.

I am however, using a newer Physx pack driver and newer Forceware (albeit beta).
That may have an effect on scores.

Let me know what you did and how you tested. And what your fps were in each scenario.

Keys

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
I just wish someone would do a proper review and compare a Physx card to Physx on GPU. I would like to see just how many fps we loose by letting the GPU do the physix instead of a deticated card.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Keys you tested without AA, the only time you used AA was with the x2 4600+ I think, and minimum FPS got shot to pieces.

A question for your keys, can you use a HD4870 for example, and throw in a nvidia videocard, and have the ATI card do the 3d acceleration, and have the nvidia card do the physx part?