Will a Apple cinema display work with a pc?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Originally posted by: tetuyeda
wow the sony is much nicer, i think that will be my choice rather than the apple cinema display thanks!

At TECHONWEB.COM it's $2488. -300 than the first link i gave ya.
If anyone is wondering what the Sony 23" LCD monitor is like, head over to your local Circuit City store. They just got them in stock a few weeks back and are priced at $2,999. Gosh, that monitor will chew up some desk space (due to width, not depth ;.)

I didn't have the best opportunity to demo the monitor as CC was running it off of a PC with a dual-monitor video card. The other monitor that was connected was a Sony 17" LCD, so I didn't have the chance to see what 1900 x 1200 looked like for a resolution. They were running it at a different resolution that made the icons about 2" in size. It amazes me how retailers fail to properly connect their gear. I'm sure if they had connected it properly to reveal the full potential of the monitor, they would sell quite a few of them. ;)

EeyoreX

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Something to consider: As the Apple monitor has no hardware controls other than the power switch, it uses Apple software to adjust settings (contrast/brightness, etc) the PC does not (currently) have a way to adjust these settings, so you are stuck with whatever settings the monitor is set at.

\Dan