Wikileaks releases Podesta's emails

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Yeah... a nothingburger so far, pretty much as expected. Now if they had video of Hillary grabbing some dick* they might get the attention of the press. :)

* without consent, of course.

Reactions: MongGrel

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
The tone and language of the excerpts clash with the fiery liberal approach she used later in her bitter primary battle with Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont and could have undermined her candidacy had it become public.

Mrs. Clinton comes across less as a firebrand than as a technocrat at home with her powerful audience, willing to be critical of large financial institutions but more inclined to view them as partners in restoring the country’s economic health.

Such comments could have proven devastating to Mrs. Clinton during the Democratic primary fight, when Mr. Sanders promoted himself as the enemy of Wall Street and of a rigged economic system.

I recommend reading the article and also reading through the Wikileaks summary as well as the speeches themselves.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
meh I always knew Clinton was too much of a centrist for me. a reason I really give a shit about her winning is because of a potential Trump presidency. of course if it was a Ted Cruz or Huckabee running against her, I'd still easily vote for her and argue for her still. at the end of the day she is a better option than pretty much any Republican, I mean just look at their party platform. but I am far more motivated to actually get out and go out and vote for her because of the opposition to a Trump-like candidate.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Honestly these transcripts make me like her more. Dare I say, she sounds honest? Especially the part where she says she may not be in the middle class anymore, but doesn't forget the struggles.
And about how the two parties should be moderate.
Why is being a centrist and pragmatist considered a bad thing.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Honestly these transcripts make me like her more. Dare I say, she sounds honest? Especially the part where she says she may not be in the middle class anymore, but doesn't forget the struggles.
And about how the two parties should be moderate.
Why is being a centrist and pragmatist considered a bad thing.

I kind of agree. Although the money situation with the Clinton Foundation keeps me from voting for her. Good news is Trump might possibly be bowing out, but I don't know what that means for replacing him. What a crazy election cycle. As a country we've already lost, the good news is all that we lost keeps being put out in the open for us to see. I absolutely loathe politicians.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I wonder if these leaks which can be construed by some to be negative towards Hillary are being released now in a vain attempt to affect the news cycle in favor of Trump.

In a normal election year these leaks could have impacted the race. This year? They're like a bucket of dirty water next to a flood of sewage being created by Trump.

Assange must be having an aneurysm trying to time his "October Suprise " around all the, billion dollar bankruptcies, tax dodging, fat shaming, and women groping that keeps leaking every day or so.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I don't think that Assange or Guccifer 2.0 or any other leakers are pro Trump, they are just anti Hillary. She has a mass of sewage surrounding her as well, Trumps is just more public.

Best case scenario is both candidates step down, America gets a huge wake up call, and we have a redo of the election and hopefully nominate some decent people.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Yeah, "Grab her by the pussy" + the official announcement on Russia being involved on American email hacks really kills the timing of this. Nothing in the emails so far that is really damning anyways, the worst things discovered so far being...

1. People ghost-write at least some of her tweets (lol)
2. A mention of executive order to close the gun show loophole ("executive order" is scary but that's about it)
3. A mention that she wants to expand international trade/globalism (kinda no duh, and that's not necessarily a bad thing)
4. She will stoop for Israel more than Obama and is more war hawkish wrt Iran (also a no duh)

Maybe a couple other things. Nothing really controversial, let alone scandalous. Might not even register on the MSM.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I don't think that Assange or Guccifer 2.0 or any other leakers are pro Trump, they are just anti Hillary. She has a mass of sewage surrounding her as well, Trumps is just more public.

Best case scenario is both candidates step down, America gets a huge wake up call, and we have a redo of the election and hopefully nominate some decent people.

Lol a mass of sewage surrounding her? If you mean piles of shit thrown by other piles of shit, sure.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I kind of agree. Although the money situation with the Clinton Foundation keeps me from voting for her.

I still wonder what kind of problem you have with a charitable foundation that has had a A+ rating for a long time now.

Trump on the other hand, is putting money in his pocket people donate/invest in him for decades. Even on top of the Daddy bailouts.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
One of them has a public policy (the one you eat up) and a private policy: https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784531001284362240

The other has no policy, treats women like shit, and says stupid things.

I have no one to vote for, I'm not represented in this election.

Clinton's policies are the same in private and in public unless you want to prove me wrong like I asked earlier. Certainly there is a way to sugar coat policy for the ignorant public, her coal comments are a perfect example of that but that doesn't mean she says one thing while advocating for something else.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
One of them has a public policy (the one you eat up) and a private policy: https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784531001284362240

The other has no policy, treats women like shit, and says stupid things.

I have no one to vote for, I'm not represented in this election.

Trump is claiming that his policy is private too. You know, "I'm too smart to tell ISIS my plans" and all that. Realistically, all politicians are going to lie/exaggerate in order to win. Anyone that honestly believes everything Clinton says is her 100% truthful intent is too partisan to even care about.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Trump doesn't have a policy, his ISIS plan doesn't exist. And yes there are people on this board that gobble up everything she says like its gospel.