wii preorders at ebgames/gamestop confirmed for tomorrow!!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Success! And yeah, with it snowing already in Michigan, it wasn't fun waiting in the cold...but I traded in 3 sh*t games for the $10 bonus and reserved the console, remote controller, nunchuck and Zelda.

Now to occupy myself for a month...

You can always come and play Zelda at my place DeathBUA ^_^.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Success! And yeah, with it snowing already in Michigan, it wasn't fun waiting in the cold...but I traded in 3 sh*t games for the $10 bonus and reserved the console, remote controller, nunchuck and Zelda.

Now to occupy myself for a month...

You can always come and play Zelda at my place DeathBUA ^_^.

Trust me Yoda, if I cant get a copy on my own preordered, I'll be coming over.

Plus we gotta rematch in Wii Baseball :D

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
I went to the Westshore Plaza Gamestop in Tampa. They had about 30 Wiis. I was #20. I waited for like 40 minutes before I could get mine. I had to pay $400+. I got one extra complete controller, Zelda, Marvel Alliance, and Red Steel. This should be fun.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
I got one as well. The EB Games here is getting 12, but 4 are for employees and the manager told us that all 4 were taken. So that left 8. I didn't show up until 8:45 AM and ended up as #8. Close. So we just waited outside the door until 10 AM and told anyone else that showed up they were too late and to not waste their time.

The Gamestop that is nearby was another story. They easily had 30+ people in line and were apparently only has 16 reserves. One of the guys in our group called someone in the other Gamestop group and apparently the manager over there wouldn't even tell the people in line how many reserves they had available. What a dick. So I imagine there were a lot of pissed people when they opened.

Anyway, I was lucky to get one. I don't know why so many people wait at Gamestop compared to EB Games, but it happens each time there is a big release. So I always go to EB Games.

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I got two preorders (brought a friend)

one for me, one for ebay to pay for mine!

we were number 1 and 2 in line and the EB was inside a mall ... toasty!

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: msi1337

I'll be surprised if you many anything more than a $50-$100 profit off the Wii on eBay.

I didn't preorder one. I'd like to have one but I'm going to hold off because I've got two family vacations and private school to pay for first. Once those are paid off I'll see about a Wii for me and my son.

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Queasy

I'll be surprised if you many anything more than a $50-$100 profit off the Wii on eBay.

I didn't preorder one. I'd like to have one but I'm going to hold off because I've got two family vacations and private school to pay for first. Once those are paid off I'll see about a Wii for me and my son.

yea...i have a feeling wii's arent' going to net you much profit on ebay

oh well

technophile82

Jun 5, 2005
i got one! my dad went for me since i am at work til 5. he said he was number 5 in line at 9:48am (opens at 10). when i went to the gamestop last night, the guy said theyd only have 9 pre-orders at his store. only about a month to go now!

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
The Gamestop I went to had 30 for preorder, I walked in around 9:15 and got #30. Yay!

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
Damn now I feel like crap cause it sounds like everyone else got them without any problems.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
I was #7 in line at the GameStop by my house today. They ran out of pre-orders at least 30 minutes before the store opened.

:thumbsup: Can't wait to bust it open and play it. :)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Vortex22
Damn now I feel like crap cause it sounds like everyone else got them without any problems.

Don't worry about it man, the number available this time was really low. Stores were taking about the same number of Wii preorders as they did for the PS3. That works out to about 75k nationwide. There will be 400k PS3s in Nort America, and Nintento has announced 1 million to N.A. for launch day and supposedly they upped that to 2 million. I'm guessing GameStop just hasn't been told how many they'd be getting yet, so they're playing it safe. They'll probably take more preorders later.

I'm leaning toward not believing the 2 million number, because it has only been reported on blogs, I haven't seen actual quotes from a Nintendo press release, I can't find a press release about it on Nintendo's website, and I don't see it mentioned in the news section of Nintendo's website.

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: mugs

Don't worry about it man, the number available this time was really low. Stores were taking about the same number of Wii preorders as they did for the PS3. That works out to about 75k nationwide. There will be 400k PS3s in Nort America, and Nintento has announced 1 million to N.A. for launch day and supposedly they upped that to 2 million. I'm guessing GameStop just hasn't been told how many they'd be getting yet, so they're playing it safe. They'll probably take more preorders later.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing. I hope it will end up being a best case scenario and I'll be able to just walk into a store on release day and pick one up off the shelf, but I'd really like to have one pre-ordered if it doesn't happen like that.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs

Yeah, they are playing it safe because of the 360 launch debacle.

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003

the trick is to list it now for shipping on 11/19..before everyone figures out there will be plenty

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
well back from the gamespot at Colma, CA near Metro Mall. I left at 7:50am and got there at 8. There was like 14 other people already waiting in line! After reading everyones thread here about stores only getting 14 or so, so I was like.. I guess I'll stick around for a little bit.

Fast forward to about 8:45am and an employee shows up. The line leader (who got there at 4am today) was friends with the employees (lucky for us all!) and he said there were 31 preorders up.! I was #15, so lucky me.

After waiting until 10am to open, I left there with a Wii console, an extra nunchuk and remote, and Zelda (all preordered). I'm not turning this back on eBay until I see how the market flows. From my experience, I have a gut feeling the PS3 will be the high value profit system to get. There will be too many Wii (if Nintendo keeps their numbers and promise about supply straight).

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
my store opened @ 10...only one GS in my city of ~500k+
i was #1 in line, got there at 8:45 :D
i ordered the wii, classic controler, red steel, and zelda;...w-0000000000t

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Yeah, I doubt people will really be hard pressed to find a system come release day...I just want to know that mine's safely set aside :D

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
well, my plan was good..until ebay cancelled my auction. Sometimes I just hate them so damn bad!

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We would like to let you know that we removed your listing(s):

160040649800 BRAND NEW NINTENDO WII PRE ORDER SHIPS 11/19 GUARANTEED

We have credited any associated fees to your account.

Due to the high demand and limited supply of this item we are taking stronger measures to protect both buyers and sellers in the eBay community.

Currently, eBay is not permitting ?Pre-Sale? of this item, and sellers who list it on eBay must have physical possession of the products at time of listing.

It is necessary that you provide information by fax that confirms your identity and allows us to review your current business practices. You will need to send all of the following:

1. A copy of the front and back of your driver's license or other government issued ID.

2. A copy of a recent credit card statement or utility bill clearly showing your billing address as proof of your registration information. Please remove any account numbers before sending.

3. Copies of manufacturer invoices or any other documentation showing purchase or possession of items listed for sale. This includes purchase records and related documentation from suppliers and/or other third parties.

4. Written acknowledgement that you have read and that you understand the eBay User Agreement. A link to the User Agreement can be found at the bottom of most eBay pages.

*** Important ***
All contact information listed on the documents that you submit with your appeal must be consistent with the contact information listed on your registered eBay account. If any differences exist, you must provide an explanation for these discrepancies, as well as documentation that confirms your explanation.

If your eBay contact information is your work address, please send official documentation to validate this.

Please fax the information requested above to:

eBay, Attention: PA Appeals
Fax number: 1-888-260-6355

Relisting this item prior to providing the documentation mentioned above may result in the suspension of your eBay account. Please allow 12-24 hours after faxing in your information for a response.

For your security, any documents submitted will be destroyed after your appeal has been reviewed.

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Respectfully,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
well, my plan was good..until ebay cancelled my auction. Sometimes I just hate them so damn bad!

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We would like to let you know that we removed your listing(s):

160040649800 BRAND NEW NINTENDO WII PRE ORDER SHIPS 11/19 GUARANTEED

We have credited any associated fees to your account.

Due to the high demand and limited supply of this item we are taking stronger measures to protect both buyers and sellers in the eBay community.

Currently, eBay is not permitting ?Pre-Sale? of this item, and sellers who list it on eBay must have physical possession of the products at time of listing.

It is necessary that you provide information by fax that confirms your identity and allows us to review your current business practices. You will need to send all of the following:

1. A copy of the front and back of your driver's license or other government issued ID.

2. A copy of a recent credit card statement or utility bill clearly showing your billing address as proof of your registration information. Please remove any account numbers before sending.

3. Copies of manufacturer invoices or any other documentation showing purchase or possession of items listed for sale. This includes purchase records and related documentation from suppliers and/or other third parties.

4. Written acknowledgement that you have read and that you understand the eBay User Agreement. A link to the User Agreement can be found at the bottom of most eBay pages.

*** Important ***
All contact information listed on the documents that you submit with your appeal must be consistent with the contact information listed on your registered eBay account. If any differences exist, you must provide an explanation for these discrepancies, as well as documentation that confirms your explanation.

If your eBay contact information is your work address, please send official documentation to validate this.

Please fax the information requested above to:

eBay, Attention: PA Appeals
Fax number: 1-888-260-6355

Relisting this item prior to providing the documentation mentioned above may result in the suspension of your eBay account. Please allow 12-24 hours after faxing in your information for a response.

For your security, any documents submitted will be destroyed after your appeal has been reviewed.

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Respectfully,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

hahaha
good for Ebay.

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I know I know... not good to sell things you dont own...

I learned a valueable lesson today...its not always as important to make a profit, as it is to be ethical.