Question WiFi slow load only for iOS devices

weeber

Oct 10, 1999
I'm at a loss because I really don't know iOS devices, but I'm hoping someone can help me out. First, I'm on Comcast 200Mbps speed with my own Netgear C7100V serving as cable modem and wifi. WiFi loading and performance are all good on my Galaxy S10+, a Chromebook, and a Windows laptop. No issues with any of those devices. 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz signals work great with all these devices; Chrome loads webpages quickly and Youtube and Facebook plays videos without buffering.

But my wife is having issues with her iPhone XR and iPad Pro. Things just take forever to load, everything seems to stall out whether using the 2.4 or 5Ghz wifi connections. Speedtest shows fine performance, once it loads. But getting the speedtest page to load is an issue. It's not just Safari, if she opens the Facebook app and goes to the Video tab, it takes a long time to load videos and when she tries to play, she encounters a lot of buffering.

I had my bother-in-law's family over this week (another iOS family but with iPhone 12s), and they had the same problem with their devices. I can't figure out why iOS devices are stalling but everything else seems to be working fine.

I'm a complete newb when it comes to Apple devices. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions I could try?