wifi diapers

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
In the category of 'lets connect everything to the internet':

For people who want to burn a little more $ and fill up the landfills a little bit faster

• Wow
Reactions: whm1974

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Stupid is stupid does. Bet their kids are all PhDs at 14.:rolleyes:

ID10T. You effing kid is average, moran. And in this environmental/educational climate, your kid is going to be a sorry POS.

Mr. Reality

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What a stupid idea and sadly I'm not even surprised. Give it about a month and there will be a security vulnerability where a hacker can do some damage like causing the battery to overheat or something.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
What a stupid idea and sadly I'm not even surprised. Give it about a month and there will be a security vulnerability where a hacker can do some damage like causing the battery to overheat or something.
LOL

Hacked diaper warning! Doodoo compromised! Change your passwords.

:D

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Wtf, diapers are designed to be compostable and now they add this e-junk to defeat that? Why not a velcro sensor you detach before disposal?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
yea, so, wtf. It's not exactly difficult to tell when your kiddo needs a change.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
You don't throw away the sensor. You reuse the sensor for each new diaper. It monitors the color change of the blue wetness stripe, which is on all diapers, and is just a dye that changes color when wet.

I can see it as useful if you bundle up your child for cold weather and don't want to remove several layers to check for wetness.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
You don't throw away the sensor. You reuse the sensor for each new diaper. It monitors the color change of the blue wetness stripe, which is on all diapers, and is just a dye that changes color when wet.

I can see it as useful if you bundle up your child for cold weather and don't want to remove several layers to check for wetness.
And if it is wet? You are not going to remove the layers? Also, the diaper hand feel is very different between dry and wet, even through layers of clothing.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
The Lumi system is meant to make an infant's first year easier for parents by delivering as much data as possible.
Ah, paying a corporation money to gather details on you so they save $$$ on research for developing new products & services.

Pampers sensor also can't detect dirty diapers, so you'll still have to rely on the tried and true sniff test.
And, you still have to do what you should be doing; being a parent.

This is nothing more than handing over private details of your life and the life you just brought into this world.

Reactions: clamum and skyking

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
LOL. Oh billy.

See now this is nice, so that mommy and daddy have to deal even less with babby. It'll be nice when the day arrives when we have smart robots that just take care of the kids so parents don't have to deal with all that headache and annoyance!

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Don't make fun, some of you guys aren't too far from needing a pair of these yourselves and you know you are going to want the wifi enabled ones with built in bluetooth speaker and advanced dookie analysis.

"I've got my diapers overclocked to 4.5 Ghz"

Nov 8, 2012

Honestly it's easier to tell just by seeing/feeling if there is a massive bulge in the area as far as wetness.

Also this is incredibly dumb, because even after a few drops those stupid things turn blue. You don't change a diaper after a little dribble - the diaper is doing its purpose... It's absorbing the liquid.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Don't make fun, some of you guys aren't too far from needing a pair of these yourselves and you know you are going to want the wifi enabled ones with built in bluetooth speaker and advanced dookie analysis.

"I've got my diapers overclocked to 4.5 Ghz"

imagine if they started downloading torrents.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
GMTA :D

Also parents/caregivers doing home elder care to reduce skin complications and help with provider burnout.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I can see the real market for this will be nursing homes.

And for only $29.99/mo the power of attorney can install their app and get notifications as well and other data to see how their loved ones are being cared for. Have more than 2 loved ones and the other one is half off!

I probably shouldn't give capitalists any ideas. :p