Discussion wife wants to play multiplayer co op games quick list of easy yet fun games to play together offline? (think rayman legends!)

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
ye ai know there are TONS of lists and youtube videos on this,

a few so far seem to be
cupheads,
rayman legends,
army of 2,
Trine
lovers in a dangerous space time
divinity
castle crashes
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Plants v zombies garden warfare 2
gears of war
dead nation
inversion
beyond two souls
Terminator salvation

tbc

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
They're older, but the DeathSpank series works too.
Cuphead is notoriously not easy.
Divinity: Original Sin can definitely eat your lunch while you're learning the ropes too.
Castle Crashers ramps up a bit as you get further on.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Maybe Left 4 Dead? The 2nd one has a lot of content, co-op in those games is pretty solid with 2 persons + A.I. bots for the other 2 characters. It can be fun to play through some tense moments during zombie waves rushing or when you spot a 'tank' zombie and it starts to bash cars around the maps.

• Love
Reactions: killster1

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Overcooked 1&2

I second this, great couch co-op game(s); especially if your wife is not super into the macho, takes-itself-too-seriously videogame aesthetic.

I would also add Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater if you want something fun and cartoony with a bit of the old school sidescroller/platformer vibe.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Overcooked 1&2

I was tempted to suggest Overcooked, but there is one thing worth mentioning. Overcooked can be a bit... frustrating for some. The game can become fairly fast paced and it helps if you have really good communication. When I play the game, we're actively calling out role swaps/transitions or just adapting on the fly. Personally, I find it really fun because of that very reason, but some may not... and there may also be issues if you don't communicate terribly well!

I tried a similar game this past weekend called Tools Up!, which is about having to remodel rooms according to a plan. I'm only halfway through, but it's a bit different in that...
  1. Stars are awarded based upon getting points for finishing rooms; however, three stars are only if you finish everything, which includes clean up.
  2. Unlike Overcooked with its constant orders coming in, the plans do not change in Tools Up! So, if you just have to work on two rooms, that's it.
  3. Construction items can be delivered while working, and if you don't retrieve them in time, the delivery person will leave with the item.
  4. You can't run.

I think my only complaint about the game is that I'm not a fan of how rotating the camera can only be performed while holding the blueprints. We failed the clean up phase one time because we couldn't see an item behind a wall until we rotated the camera.

There are a few other couch co-op games that I've picked up recently. Another one that I haven't tried yet is Unrailed, which involves having to place tracks for an oncoming train so it can reach its destination (a train station).

Nereus77

Dec 30, 2016
The wife and I are currently co-opping Skyrim using the Skyrim Together mod.
But yeah, we are also needing co-op game suggestions.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
The remake of Gauntlet can be fun. Currently playing that with friends.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
There is a multiplayer rimworld mod
Though it may not really be what you are looking for
Or pick any RTS game like Total Annihilation and play vs AI/Bots.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
If you're doing Skyrim then perhaps Borderlands 3?
Unfortunately BL3 does not have split screen co-op for the PC. You can do it on consoles though. Really irks me that Gearbox gave the big middle finger to PC players.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
How is Portal not in your list? Thats a must play co-op.
portal isnt very fun to me, and we dont use consoles as this will be for vacation only with the laptop hooked to a 65" tv, bought two nice xbox 1 adapters loving them all buttons already mapped for nfsmw