Wierd FCPGA CPU

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I just received a Celeron 667 FCPGA CPU. The damn pin layout is different from any other PPGA of FCPGA CPU I've seen. Instead of 2 corners where there is a pin missing at the corner this one only has one corner where the pin is missing. On top of that, it has pins removed where the others (PPGA and FCPGA CPU'S) had pins. I know not all pins are necessary but I never saw a pin layout like this. Needless to say, it won't fit any of the motherboards I have.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Maybe I ended up with a Counterfeit CPU

Steppy76

May 1, 2002
Well, if I remember correctly the PPGA chips only had one corner pin missing. As far as missing other pins goes, my guess is it was pulled out of a socket with the retention arm locked and the pins were ripped out...because all the ppga,fcpga, fcpga2 cpus have 370 pins.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
No Steppy, this isn't a PPGA plus the pins missing weren't pulled out, they never were there to start with.

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
This is not the first time I have heard of strange Intel processors with the pin configuration you have, but I haven't been able to find out ANYTHING about where they come from and what sort of boards they go in to.

Migroo

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Interesting! :Q

I've never come across anything like that either, but this is the first one I have heard of!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
It's almost like a socket 7 CPU. I wonder if I clipped that one corner pin if it would work?