Wierd experience with my dog at the vetrenarians office.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Okay... my dog was getting a shot for something or other and the doctor stabbed him with the needle in where he thought was the vein... turns out it wasn't the vein... so he tried elsewhere on that same leg.. about 3 inches up... missed the vein again.... but when he tried to put the liquid into the vein... the liquid came shooting out of the other hole that he made trying to get into the other vein. (he hit the vein on the third try).

Anyone else had wierd experinces like that?

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Thats.... freaking wierd :)

Did the dog yelp or anything? I know I would :D

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Poor dog. Why don't you slap the vet and shove the needle in him four or five times. Then give your dog some treats for me.

CliffC

Oct 24, 2000
It's just that critters have a very thin layer of skin on them and since it didn't go into a vein or the muscle it was just pushed out the opening of least resistance.
That had to have looked cool.:cool: And no it didn't hurt him, for all of you "that was so cruel" people.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
yeah, that's why he's retired.... when I was at the vets I couldn't stop laughing, I mean, I felt sympathy for the dog, but I didn't really expect the liquid to shoot out the other hole... maybe my dog has diabetes or something... obviously his blood didn't clot that hole very well.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
and no... the dog didn't yelp..... I don't even think he noticed he was getting a shot.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
my dad used to be a veteranary assistant, he once had a consitpated cat... so what they did was they had to like send a warm liquid up the cats arse to break up the Scat that was impacted in the cat... anyways... my dad the doc and the owner of the cat got talking and all of a sudden the cat started to swell up... and it hunched up... and puked out what was being pumped into it's arse including the pheces that was supposed to come out the other end... they all got a laugh out of that and the cat was fine afterwords.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Are you getting a good deal because he's already retired and he'd rather be fishing but needs a little "cash on the side?"

Or did the vet retire just because he stabbed your dog three times?

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
it wasn't recently... maybe a year ago and we had to take my dog to the vets today... so it reminded me of it when my dog got another shot.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I suggest NOT having your dog nuetured by this vet.