Why would anyone in their right mind run for President?

NumbaJuan

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2003
To have you and the life of your family put under the microscope daily seems hardly worth it..?

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
No one in their right mind would run, therefore anyone who does run is crazy. Whenever you vote for the president you're voting for a lunatic.

amdforever2

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2002
Ummm ohhh I dunno

History will never forget you, you have the power the change the course of human history, you get to control the worlds largest military

and all you gotta do is get interviewed and examined

and be popular

SandInMyShoes

Apr 19, 2002
If I felt I was capable of the job, I would have no qualms running for it if I thought I could better the country. My personalty just wouldn't fit however.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Whade
Power, money, etc.

I don't think the money is that great, IIRC they make about $250k a year. But when you factor in how much money is spent trying to get into office they're not making a whole lot.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: amdforever2
Ummm ohhh I dunno

History will never forget you, you have the power the change the course of human history, you get to control the worlds largest military

and be popular

history forgot chester arthur.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
What starts out as the desire to do right is probably tainted by the time one hits presidency in nothing but the drive for power, or to die knowing that you acheived the highest office possible.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by: lirion
No one in their right mind would run, therefore anyone who does run is crazy. Whenever you vote for the president you're voting for a lunatic.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

-- Douglas Adams

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: amdforever2
Ummm ohhh I dunno

and be popular

history forgot chester arthur.

Who?

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: OREOSpeedwagon
Power, money, etc.

I don't think the money is that great, IIRC they make about $250k a year. But when you factor in how much money is spent trying to get into office they're not making a whole lot.

But they'll make $2million/hour afterwards doing speeches. Except for Bush maybe, as he'll need 2 hours just to pronounce the word 'speech'.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Originally posted by: OREOSpeedwagon
Power, money, etc.

But they'll make $2million/hour afterwards doing speeches. Except for Bush maybe, as he'll need 2 hours just to pronounce the word 'speech'.

how do you figure?

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
they wouldn't.

this is why some people say that the best leaders are the ones who don't want the job. after all, the reluctant hero is a huge mythological figure.