Why won't Jade Empire install for me?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I specify the drive to install to, where to put the shortcuts, it starts to copy files and then fails.

That's the error. "Installation has failed."

I googled it, however, the most I found with a quick search was to test it in a different drive because the SecuRom doesn't play nice with every model. It installed fine when I bought the game several months back though and I had the same drives then as I do now, same OS and hardware as well.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I'm not sure, but you're not really missing out. It was a great idea, but the combat system is SO repetitive.

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
I had that same error on my old comp with a crappy drive but when I installed it on my new drive, it worked like a charm the first time around.

And I agree with Eezee, the combat is very repetitive. You just mash buttons, really.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Kromis
And I agree with Eezee, the combat is very repetitive. You just mash buttons, really.

It was designed for a console. :p

The game installed fine on these drives a few months back. No idea why its acting up now.

katank

Jul 18, 2008
I wouldn't call it all button mashing. You actually need to know and pull off decent combos to survive on higher difficulty levels. I personally really liked it. @OP, maybe try finding a different drive and switching it out?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: katank
I wouldn't call it all button mashing. You actually need to know and pull off decent combos to survive on higher difficulty levels. I personally really liked it. @OP, maybe try finding a different drive and switching it out?

There's nothing wrong with my optical drives. Every other disk installs, reads, or burns perfectly fine.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Try making an image of it, mount it (like Daemon Tools), hide the Virtual Drive so that SecuROM won't yap and only then install? Perhaps even Daemon Tools is enough, if the SecuROM version is pretty old in this one. Never had a similar problem though. And no, never played this game.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Maybe I should just download a cracked image? I searched the official Jade Empire forums and the most I found was 'securom' and 'burner' drives. Odds are, I'll never play it again after my first foray into it, but I would like the option to play it given that I bought it.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Why bother downloading? It will be a lot faster to make your own image with Alcohol for example.