Why Windows 7 is pretty bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Other than pretty descent network file access speeds, everything is a let down. Especially this:

capturext.png

When I'm remoted in to client's computer from my PC, if I accidentally moved the mouse cursor to any of the icons on the taskbar, it gets a popup as shown in picture above. It BLOCKS the view of what I am trying to do in the remote access tool and really hurts my productivity. Windows Server 2003 will absolutely rape this OS in this regard cause I don't get this stupid pop up... it's so sensitive and the pop up so huge it covers 5- 10% of your entire monitor screen. That is unacceptable.

I tried everything by setting the desktop theme to Windows Classic, tried tinker with the desktop settings but it doesn't seem to give me REAL Windows Classic found in Windows 95, 98, 98SE, NT series, 2000, XP, and Server 2003. It's been annoying me more than the Shut Down click issue I complained in the other thread. This is the worst ever.

:colbert:

cheez

This farce has gone on long enough
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
This is retarded.

capture1zp.png

This is nothing... the popup can get larger depending on what you have in the programs that are minimized in taskbar. They could block 1/5 of the entire screen.

Oh I hate Windows 7. ^_^

:D

cheez

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
So... don't run RD in fullscreen?
I don't want to run RD in full screen. Besides, RD isn't the only tool I use. Mostly run them in windowed mode as I have a large wide screen. I need to be able to monitor other programs while I'm on remote connection.

cheez

colonelciller

Sep 29, 2012
so windows 7 is bad because people who are interfacing with the operating system remotely may experience an popup that may or may not be annoying.

good to know

paul878

Jul 31, 2010
I use Teamviwer, never have any problem with Window 7 that would make me call it BAD. Windows 7 is the best OS so far.

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
I use Teamviwer, never have any problem with Window 7 that would make me call it BAD. Windows 7 is the best OS so far.
I use it too, but the problem is obvious. If you are not having issue with this preview popup, you are looking at the wrong thing...

Thank you!! That was very helpful.

I did the following:

Set the value to 1 billion.... equivalent to 1 million seconds. That should be long enough. :D Ahhh ha ah ah ha ha ha ha
extendeduihovertime1bil.png

I tested it. It works!!!

How much do I owe you?

cheez

Shephard

Nov 3, 2012
not sure what you are talking about. Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever released.

It's got a nice clean interface, it runs great, stable, no problem with any old programs, and secure.

If I were to rate the top 5 Windows OS it would be...

1.) Windows 7
2.) Windows 2000
3.) Windows XP SP2/3
4.) Windows 98 SE
5.) Windows 3.11

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
Thanks for the thread! I also find that the task bar popups can be annoying at times.

Albatross

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2001
Windows 7 is really bad,I installed Ubuntu on a VM and i managed to mess my installation with rm -rf. Microsoft is stupid and Windows 7 is terrible,why can`t they make a decent OS?

Nothinman

Elite Member
Sep 14, 2001
Other than pretty descent network file access speeds, everything is a let down. Especially this:

capturext.png

When I'm remoted in to client's computer from my PC, if I accidentally moved the mouse cursor to any of the icons on the taskbar, it gets a popup as shown in picture above. It BLOCKS the view of what I am trying to do in the remote access tool and really hurts my productivity. Windows Server 2003 will absolutely rape this OS in this regard cause I don't get this stupid pop up... it's so sensitive and the pop up so huge it covers 5- 10% of your entire monitor screen. That is unacceptable.

I tried everything by setting the desktop theme to Windows Classic, tried tinker with the desktop settings but it doesn't seem to give me REAL Windows Classic found in Windows 95, 98, 98SE, NT series, 2000, XP, and Server 2003. It's been annoying me more than the Shut Down click issue I complained in the other thread. This is the worst ever.

:colbert:

cheez

Server 2003 will also get you raped from a security prospective these days. Times change and so does the use patterns and features of software, either get used to it or find a new line of work.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
not sure what you are talking about. Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever released.

It's got a nice clean interface, it runs great, stable, no problem with any old programs, and secure.

If I were to rate the top 5 Windows OS it would be...

1.) Windows 7
2.) Windows 2000
3.) Windows XP SP2/3
4.) Windows 98 SE
5.) Windows 3.11

No problems with any older programs? Simply not true, not in my experience.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
I guess this is part 2 of a new mini-series regarding your thoughts on Windows 7. :p

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2304490&highlight=

Yeah, I noticed this as well. Those who designed Windows assumed that their audience knew how to use a mouse.

Cheez, I think you need to find something better for remote connection software, because I have used a few different programs for this and never have had this issue.

That, or learn some patience.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
the first thing I do when I find a minor issue with some piece of software is call it the worst thing ever!!!

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I guess this is part 2 of a new mini-series regarding your thoughts on Windows 7. :p

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2304490&highlight=

I liked the twist at the end of part 1 where its actually the OP being an idiot and not a windows 7 flaw, i never saw that coming :colbert:

Part 2 just seems to be more of the same, i was hoping it would rag on a different OS or the OPs computer turns out to be made of cheese and that's why its not working etc but nah more of the same :| Don't think ill view part 3 if he makes one :p

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Guys,

Windows 7 is truly a fail. The registry tweak I tried above doesn't work anymore. After 1000 seconds or so the popup's come back. And it's uncontrollable. Like all hell broke lose. It's hurting my productivity by 15%. That's critical.

Conclusion: There is no way to completely disable this stupid crap.

Windows 7 = Design Failure

cheez

Last edited:

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Die Troll Die!!!
I am not trolling. This is really good thread, just like the other one. But this is a tad better one. The problem has been clearly stated. Someone tried to help me. I thought that fixed it. Problem is still there. This stupid pop up. Do they have popup killer for Operating System? We have popup blocker for web browser, I need one for stupid Windows 7.

I don't have this issue with Server 2003, Windows 2000, XP, ME, 98/SE, 95, and NT. The older the OS the better.

cheez

Status
Not open for further replies.