Why We're Moving Forward With Impeachment

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Everything that interests you has been presented. There is obviously more to the story and that will come out over the next few months. I don't mind waiting.
That could very well be like waiting to excise cancer. It's not like every day he's in office the Russians continue to destroy democracies around the world. Every day he's in office he drags us deeper into shit. He should long ago have been removed by the 25th and would have been had this cancer he thrives in not already included those around him.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Everything that interests you has been presented. There is obviously more to the story and that will come out over the next few months. I don't mind waiting.

Not if TrumpCo has their way about it.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Not if TrumpCo has their way about it.
Bob was asked if his investigation was hindered in any way, he said "no". That's the end of that story. The investigation was unhindered and couldn't find evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. That narrative is now finished. The DNC now appears to be hanging their collective hats on the fact that Trump wasn't exonerated of the crime. The issue with that is that no one in the united states has been exonerated of that particular crime. No one. The reason for that is that prosecutors don't exonerate anyone, they find evidence of the crime or they don't. Bob didn't. Even a not guilty finding after a trial isn't exoneration, it's being found not guilty.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I really don't prefer the revisionist history version of what will surly go down as the Darkest Stain on America in 243 years...

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Whenever the next Democrat POTUS is elected, I'll bet the Repubs are gonna harass the shit out of him or her.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
From the Atlantic, written by four Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee (excerpted):

This is how it starts, folks. Here's a link to the .pdf of the filing. I anticipate that Hair Furor will not comply with anything, no matter who orders it.
Just like a drunk driver swerving and ignoring the barriers and wrong way signs, the Dems won't stop trying to take Trump down until they head-on a dump truck.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Bob was asked if his investigation was hindered in any way, he said "no". That's the end of that story. The investigation was unhindered and couldn't find evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. That narrative is now finished. The DNC now appears to be hanging their collective hats on the fact that Trump wasn't exonerated of the crime. The issue with that is that no one in the united states has been exonerated of that particular crime. No one. The reason for that is that prosecutors don't exonerate anyone, they find evidence of the crime or they don't. Bob didn't. Even a not guilty finding after a trial isn't exoneration, it's being found not guilty.

That's utterly lame & dishonest. Obstruction of justice doesn't have to be successful to be... obstruction of justice.

I'm confident this will all be resolved when Trump is out of office & has the opportunity to defend himself in court.

Last edited:
Reactions: umbrella39

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I really don't prefer the revisionist history version of what will surly go down as the Darkest Stain on America in 243 years...

The Repubs started from the get-go to use lies and deception as often as and as well as Trump and with the passing of time it revealed, rebuked and incontrovertibly debunked those lies and deceptions over the times these ploys happened over and over again. Ergo, the Repubs have been/are going to have to revise history (lies to cover the lies) in order make things appear as if those lies and deceptions they perpetrated against the people never happened, were misconstrued, tampered with by the Democrats and/or a conspiracy by "the enemies of the nation" was to blame for it all.

Dick Cheney has repeatedly tried to revise history to cover/excuse his part in the wars he, Bush, Rumsfeld et al got us mired in and the eventual financial disaster he and Bush oversaw at the tail end of their 8 years in office so for the Repubs it's their version of what's normal because it gets them the results they're after.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
My prediction: Impeachment will die in the Senate with no removal. When Trump loses the 2020 election he will resign days or hours before the transition to allow Pence to pardon him.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
During his Wednesday morning appearance before the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., had asked Mueller if he would have indicted Trump were not for that OLC guideline.

"That is correct," Mueller replied.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
During his Wednesday morning appearance before the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., had asked Mueller if he would have indicted Trump were not for that OLC guideline.

"That is correct," Mueller replied.

And for Mueller's opening statement to the House Intelligence committee:

"I wanted to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu. It was said, and I quote, "you didn't charge the president because of the OLC opinion." That is not the correct way to say it.
As we say in the report and as I said in the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime. And with that, Mr. Chairman, I'm ready to answer questions."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...rt-mueller-house-committee-testimony-n1033216

Reactions: pcgeek11

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
And for Mueller's opening statement to the House Intelligence committee:

"I wanted to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu. It was said, and I quote, "you didn't charge the president because of the OLC opinion." That is not the correct way to say it.
As we say in the report and as I said in the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime. And with that, Mr. Chairman, I'm ready to answer questions."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...rt-mueller-house-committee-testimony-n1033216

Which does not change anything that was previousl6y said.....

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
That's utterly lame & dishonest. Obstruction of justice doesn't have to be successful to be... obstruction of justice.

I'm confident this will all be resolved when Trump is out of office & has the opportunity to defend himself in court.
It's also a blatant mischaracterization of the report; volume one details at length the fact that they were unable to deliver a decision on collusion, primarily due to repeated lies and obfuscations by witnesses.

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
Whenever the next Democrat POTUS is elected, I'll bet the Repubs are gonna harass the shit out of him or her.
I guess you missed the eight years of Obama. Remember Mitch McConnell said number one job was to make Obama one-term president. Conservatives are so full of s***.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That is not what was said.
He specifically said he was impeded by Trumpss obstruction of justice.
What you are referring to is "was your investigation shut down or limited by the ag". If you actually watch the hearing its quite obvious, any other interpretation is an alt right distortion of what happend.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Greenman said:

That is not what was said.
He specifically said he was impeded by Trumpss obstruction of justice.
What you are referring to is "was your investigation shut down or limited by the ag". If you actually watch the hearing its quite obvious, any other interpretation is an alt right distortion of what happend.

You must forgive Greenman he is a die hard Republican who wants us to think he is not. His examples on these forums are lairs and misrepresent the truth. Such as Slow and gleen1 and Brandonbull and OrooOroo and Ugly Cassanova and SomeOnesmind and Starbuck and the king of them all IJTSSG'. On second thought you don`t need to forgive!!!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Greenman said:

You must forgive Greenman he is a die hard Republican who wants us to think he is not. His examples on these forums are lairs and misrepresent the truth. Such as Slow and gleen1 and Brandonbull and OrooOroo and Ugly Cassanova and SomeOnesmind and Starbuck and the king of them all IJTSSG'. On second thought you don`t need to forgive!!!

It makes sense if all you watch is Fox .. I get how you can end up like that. Its just that Fox is a lying piece of shit propaganda outlet...Dare I say they have even surpassed Russia Today in their efforts towards distortion of the truth, of facts? I think Fox has passed the point of no return ... its hard to come back from full flat out lying propaganda. I still think a few of those names are reachable, a few of them brainwashed beyond reach and a few of them straight up russo bots.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But he won't be impeached, they're not moving anywhere with impeachment. Nothing to impeach Trump over, the Mueller testimony only made that obvious.

Why impeachment is in park and has always been despite the sheeple jumping on a bandwagon.

How did you feel about Mueller’s testimony that Trump ordered his staff to fabricate documents in order to mislead a criminal investigation?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Bob was asked if his investigation was hindered in any way, he said "no". That's the end of that story. The investigation was unhindered and couldn't find evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. That narrative is now finished.

This is false. Both in his testimony and in his report Mueller explicitly stated multiple ways he was hindered in his investigation and the report itself states that the obstruction and lies by Trump associates may have materially altered the findings.

It’s right there in black and white, you can read it yourself right now.

The DNC now appears to be hanging their collective hats on the fact that Trump wasn't exonerated of the crime. The issue with that is that no one in the united states has been exonerated of that particular crime. No one. The reason for that is that prosecutors don't exonerate anyone, they find evidence of the crime or they don't. Bob didn't. Even a not guilty finding after a trial isn't exoneration, it's being found not guilty.

This is obviously false and you would know this if you had actually read the report.

In a normal investigation it is true that declining to indict someone is tantamount to not finding sufficient evidence to indict them. In this case however Mueller explicitly said he would not be making the choice of whether to indict regardless of the evidence because he was prevented from doing so by the OLC. Therefore in THIS case the lack of an indictment can’t be read as such.

After stating that a judgment won’t be made the report lays out mountains of evidence of criminal activity by Trump, evidence so strong that more than a thousand former federal prosecutors say they would have indicted based on it.

Conservative media and the administration itself has been lying about this report full throttle since it came out. They’ve created an alternate reality where Mueller didn’t lay out a criminal case despite him very clearly doing so.