Why was this thread locked?

Netopia

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Is it morally wrong tp pretend your opposite gender on the internet?

Mod(s),

This thread is pertains to ongoing circumstances. I think that anytime in life there are tumultuous happenings, people start thinking about the situations at hand and asking questions. This is good and healthy. This particular thread had no flaming, no bashing of anyone and no vulgarity. I don't believe that it was wise to lock it simply because it generically addresses a current issue.

Please rethink your position.

Joe

warcleric

Banned
May 31, 2000
Netopia: let it calm down for a couple days....a thread like that is bound to turn into a fiasco about the other situation. Give it a little while to cool down before fanning the flames again.

Netopia

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey... it's not even my thread, but sometimes I think that threads are locked without having actually broken any rules. I really, REALLY crave consistancy in things so it doesn't sit right with me when someone decides that to pre-emptivly nuke a thread that hasn't proven itself nukeworthy.

That's all.

Joe

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
those of you that don't know the background or any of the people that were integral in making this forum what it became should STFU in situations like this, IMHO

fallenoncrack

Banned
Dec 19, 2000

<< those of you that don't know the background or any of the people that were integral in making this forum what it became should STFU in situations like this, IMHO >>

heh, nef!

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000

<< Hey... it's not even my thread, but sometimes I think that threads are locked without having actually broken any rules. I really, REALLY crave consistancy in things so it doesn't sit right with me when someone decides that to pre-emptivly nuke a thread that hasn't proven itself nukeworthy.

That's all.

Joe
>>

I agree, that is the biggest problem, there is no consistency in the mod's actions. I understand there is all different people doing the job, but there should be some basic ground rules for them all to follow.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000

<< those of you that don't know the background or any of the people that were integral in making this forum what it became should STFU in situations like this, IMHO >>

If that was an attack on joe, you just made yourself look like a newbie, fishman.

I don't get why it was locked either. It was a good discussion up to the point where one of the mods got nervous and panicked. People do stupid things when they panic.