Why was there so little outcry over the massacre at Fallujah?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallujah_during_the_Iraq_War

You seem to be unaware of how things went down.

Hmmm ...being there? Reading about it on the internet?, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.

Oh, btw, just a little fyi ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Phantom_Fury

Try the correct invasion when trying to be smug, if not it kinda makes you look a little, how should I put this ...douchbaggey?

I did not redefine Militant, the US did.
I would suggest you look it up

I don't care about Obummers "definition" of militant.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Hmmm ...being there? Reading about it on the internet?, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.

Oh, btw, just a little fyi ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Phantom_Fury

Try the correct invasion when trying to be smug, if not it kinda makes you look a little, how should I put this ...douchbaggey?

So like I said... a lot of killing went on long before you got there???
Is the wiki article wrong?
You want to dismiss what DCal states, because when you got there all the killing was over?

Let's try the Obama thing this way..
The US now defines Militants as all military age people so that when they kill a hundred people they don't have to admit to most of them being civilians.
You really have no problem with this?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
So like I said... a lot of killing went on long before you got there???
Is the wiki article wrong?
You want to dismiss what DCal states, because when you got there all the killing was over?

Really? People were killed in a war zone? Now please show me these "thousands of women and children" that were "butchered, and disfigured by US Forces using incendiary bombs"? So yes, I am dismissing his bullshit lies, btw, you're Wiki doesn't support "thousands of women and children butchered and disfigured by US Forces using incendiary bombs"

Let's try the Obama thing this way..
The US now defines Militants as all military age people so that when they kill a hundred people they don't have to admit to most of them being civilians.
You really have no problem with this?

Sounds to me that you are making up some faux outrage about shit that hasn't happened.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Really? People were killed in a war zone? Now please show me these "thousands of women and children" that were "butchered, and disfigured by US Forces using incendiary bombs"? So yes, I am dismissing his bullshit lies, btw, you're Wiki doesn't support "thousands of women and children butchered and disfigured by US Forces using incendiary bombs"

I was just trying to point out that Fallujah started with the US shooting innocent protesters.
You can dismiss whatever you want based on what YOU saw.

Sounds to me that you are making up some faux outrage about shit that hasn't happened.
That's it, you got me, I made it all up...

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
What about the white phosphor incendiary bombs that we dropped ont he city, that burned, killed, and maimed countless civilians.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I was just trying to point out that Fallujah started with the US shooting innocent protesters.
You can dismiss whatever you want based on what YOU saw.

17 people killed at a demonstration when US forces received incoming fire and returned fire? Ok. Still looking for those "thousands of women and children butchered, and disfigured".

That's it, you got me, I made it all up...

Do you have an example of us murdering some innocent kids and claiming they were of military age?

DCal430 said:
What about the white phosphor incendiary bombs that we dropped ont he city, that burned, killed, and maimed countless civilians.

That's called your feeble mind, and wild imagination being raped by lies and propaganda.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
17 people killed at a demonstration when US forces received incoming fire and returned fire? Ok. Still looking for those "thousands of women and children butchered, and disfigured".

Do you have an example of us murdering some innocent kids and claiming they were of military age?

That's called your feeble mind, and wild imagination being raped by lies and propaganda.

Do you deny that White Phosphor weapons were used in Fallujah?

http://www.democracynow.org/2005/11/8/u_s_broadcast_exclusive_fallujah_the

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Still looking for those "thousands of women and children butchered, and disfigured".
6000 innocent people's lives were ended in Fallujah as a result of the US invasion of Iraq.
How many of them were butchered and disfigured women and children, we will never know

I never said anything of the sort?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Do you deny that White Phosphor weapons were used in Fallujah?

http://www.democracynow.org/2005/11/8/u_s_broadcast_exclusive_fallujah_the

The US military doesn't deny the use of white phosphorous munitions. They're considered conventional munitions. There are rules within the military for what you can target with it though.

If women and children got burned by white phosphorous, I'd say that they should have left town when they had the chance. War is hell, and it's worse if you're dumb.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
The US military doesn't deny the use of white phosphorous munitions. They're considered conventional munitions. There are rules within the military for what you can target with it though.

If women and children got burned by white phosphorous, I'd say that they should have left town when they had the chance. War is hell, and it's worse if you're dumb.

The U.S military was deliberately targeting women and children with incendiary WP weapons.

Much like how Israel intentionally targets schools full of children, the U.S targeted areas full of women and children, to get the maximum kill.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
The U.S military was deliberately targeting women and children with incendiary WP weapons.

Much like how Israel intentionally targets schools full of children, the U.S targeted areas full of women and children, to get the maximum kill.

Damn, who clued you in to the use of the Angel symbol on operational overlays to signify high density areas of women and children for targeting? They must have given you an operational order too, where you saw the frequently used commander's intent "to get the maximum kill."

You realize all of that information is highly classified, right? You need at least TFH-SCI (Tin Foil Hat-Super Crazy Individual) clearance to access that.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
If I remember back in 2004 being outraged at bush dropping uranium shells on the city to show off for his reelection, it is a crime of humanity on the genetic level. We literally tossed our nuke waste into someone else's backyard.

Fallujah fallout worse than Hiroshima? Uranium everywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5KL4zaJFs

The massacre? More US posturing, killing our mercenaries was a propaganda triumph for the bush crony crowd back then. The US punitively leveled the city and bush got reelected like he was some phoney cowboy sheriff from connecticut who rode into town to civilize the brown skinned oil squatters.

The whole thing was pathetic and one more black stain on how barbaric we still are as a country and as a species to let the powers that be dictate such violence in our names right under our noses.

Righties will wear that stain of a war for ages, oh well, at least they got the oil contracts before we bugged out. (even though we didn't actually leave and still have bases watching our oil) Go 'merika!

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Because depleted Uranium and spent fuel rods are the same thing.

How do you people even stomach being Americans if you believe your nation regularly engages in such unabashed acts of villainy?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
If I remember back in 2004 being outraged at bush dropping uranium shells on the city to show off for his reelection, it is a crime of humanity on the genetic level. We literally tossed our nuke waste into someone else's backyard.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...allujah--the-hospital-of-horrors-7679168.html

Robert Fisk: The Children of Fallujah - the hospital of horrors APRIL 2012
Special Report day two: Stillbirths, disabilities, deformities too distressing to describe - what lies behind the torments in Fallujah General Hospital?

The gift that keeps on giving...

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
How do you people even stomach being Americans if you believe your nation regularly engages in such unabashed acts of villainy?

All countries do this stuff throughout history, thing is adults can understand that blind devotion without criticism is not devotion -but the reckless behavior of one willingly blind.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006

Do you even have any idea what depleted uranium is, or how it differs from the stuff that's in a nuclear reactor?

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Do you even have any idea what depleted uranium is, or how it differs from the stuff that's in a nuclear reactor?

Heh better not tell him that a large commercial airliner contains about as much uranium in trim weights as used as munitions in Iraq, lol.

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011

you must have served with the 75th armchair regiment, you guys are some badasses.

what is your motto again? "tutum in mea cathedra" is it?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

They don't, some claim a lot of people need to be sent to a gulag. Yeah, they are that dumb.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Heh better not tell him that a large commercial airliner contains about as much uranium in trim weights as used as munitions in Iraq, lol.

And woe to the person who has smoke detectors in their house...Americium DiOxide...

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006

Well in fairness DU that has been blasted through armor plate is much more dispersed and nasty than stuff that's being used as weights. Still, the amount of ignorant hysteria that exists about it is ridiculous. The radiation from it isn't a threat, and while it's a toxic heavy metal there are plenty of equally nasty substances out there that don't get nearly as much attention.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Where thousands of women and children were butchered or disfigured by U.S soldiers using incendiary bombs. Seems to me huge crime was committed, yet no one brought to justice.

how many women and children has obama butchered in, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya???