Why was "I Love Lucy" canceled?

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
From what i understand.. Desi's drinking and infidelity got out of hand and there marriage fell apart

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: MBrown
Who is old enough here to know that?

Brutuskend

Nah like me he was probably only 2-3 years old when that happened. It was already in daily reruns in my earliest memories of TV.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Found it...

The last episodes of the series had to be made, even though Ball and Arnaz were divorcing/divorced. A contract had been signed before the two began to have major problems, and it wasn't lifted. This is why in the last episodes of the series, one can see Ball looking as if she had just been crying, even in supposed-to-be funny skits.

It must be b/c they actually got divorced.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Kenazo
Found it...

The last episodes of the series had to be made, even though Ball and Arnaz were divorcing/divorced. A contract had been signed before the two began to have major problems, and it wasn't lifted. This is why in the last episodes of the series, one can see Ball looking as if she had just been crying, even in supposed-to-be funny skits.

wiki ftw?

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Found it...

that is what i said above.

desi adored lucy... but he drank a lot. and fooled around a lot. she couldn't take it anymore.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I must have watched reruns when I was a kid because I remember the show. The movie Pretty Woman immortalized the grape stomping scene from one of the shows.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
Found it...

desi adored lucy... but he drank a lot. and fooled around a lot. she couldn't take it anymore.

Just gotta get the credit, huh? ;)

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Linflas
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: MBrown
Who is old enough here to know that?

Brutuskend

Nah like me he was probably only 2-3 years old when that happened. It was already in daily reruns in my earliest memories of TV.

Me? I was born in 86.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Found it...

Hey... I am so ignored and neglected around here that i cannot pass this up.
;)

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Found it...

best way of showing adoration. lol, crazy cubans. >_> heh

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Found it...

Hey... I am so ignored and neglected around here that i cannot pass this up.
;)

Just teasing. :)

Udel

Sep 2, 2005
Such a good show. We need more channels that play the greats. Lucy, Happy Days... and such.