Why was Chris Webber booed by his own fans?

Lyfer

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
?

BTW who did Michigan lose to when CWebb called a timeout when they didn't have one?

Thanx:).

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
kings fans think that the team is better off without him, that's why they boo'd him... idiots.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
I've heard its because he's fat, can't play D anymore, shoots awful, and wants to be traded. And they're record with him is 50-50

But yeah its dumb, he needs time

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
because Sacramento are fair weather fans, quick to forget that C Webb made them who they are today.

Because he's a criminal who took money from a booster and cost my school the forfeiture of their 1997 NIT Championship. :|

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Lyfer
?

BTW who did Michigan lose to when CWebb called a timeout when they didn't have one?

Thanx:).
You know, he did that again in the NBA, I'm pretty sure.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
What's so bad about them booing him? Right or wrong, people are paying to see a certain caliber of performance, and if they don't see the performance they are expecting, they will be unhappy and express that displeasure. I guess I'm more "intimate" with this concept becuase I act and I would expect the same response if I got up on stage in front of a crowd of guests and blew 90% of my lines. There's more than basketball at stake here - there's a show to put on. That's why the fans pay the bigs bucks, and that's why you rake in the millions.

Or maybe it's just because I'm from Philly, and when someone does a crappy job, particularly a sports star, we don't coddle them.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
he shot 1 for 18 in the game, should he be surprised that they booed?

how about booing him for getting huge contract and then letting the team down by getting his 4ss suspended for 8 games for a drug violation - which isn't the first time he's been involved in drug issues.

Reliant

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Some idiot sports writer, who I really dislike, wrote a column about how fans SHOULD boo Webber and then the next game, the boo-birds were out in full force. Way to give someone time to adjust from a serious injury.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
as much as i dislike Webber, Sacramento fans are being pretty stupid right now.

Webber coming to Sacramento made them an above .500 team for the first time in 15 years.

before C.Webb and Jason Williams, no one gave a damn about the Kings.

like i said before, Kings fans are just proving to be fair weather fans.

Reliant

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Originally posted by: iamme
as much as i dislike Webber, Sacramento fans are being pretty stupid right now.

Webber coming to Sacramento made them an above .500 team for the first time in 15 years.

before C.Webb and Jason Williams, no one gave a damn about the Kings.

like i said before, Kings fans are just proving to be fair weather fans.

I'm a Kings fan, and I've been one even during the horrid years before Webber. What he stands for is success in Sac. I am really ashamed to be group in with those that were booing.

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: NeoV
he shot 1 for 18 in the game, should he be surprised that they booed?

how about booing him for getting huge contract and then letting the team down by getting his 4ss suspended for 8 games for a drug violation - which isn't the first time he's been involved in drug issues.

everyone has bad games, his season average speaks for itself

Muck

Feb 16, 2003
Idiot fans. Guy can't have one or two bad games.....coming off injury no less.

Shows how sorry and hypocritical they are. As the article says, they didn't boo him when all the off-court stuff happened. Only when he had a bad game (sandwiched inbetween some phenomenal ones).

Just because you pay money doesn't mean the booing is justified. Doesn't turn an unclassy move into a classy one. Just means you have the right to cheer or boo.

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Originally posted by: jumpr
Because he's a criminal who took money from a booster and cost my school the forfeiture of their 1997 NIT Championship. :|
Don't you think that UM knew about this and still willingly let it go on? I mean Martin virtually paid for all of UM's stars from those teams. From Rose, Howard, and Webber to Taylor, Traylor, and Bullock. UM's entire basketball program in the 90's was just a farce.

edit: and I agree that the reason the fans booed is because they are fair weather idiots.