Why the calm considering what Bush / Cheney has done to this country?

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
OMFG, When clinton lied about his relationship with Lewinski people were going CRAZY, Bush/Cheney presents evidence regarding Iraq and Nuclear weapons development that was KNOWN to be not true when they presented it and NO ONE cares??

OMG, I'm soo angry I don't even know where to start.

On the radio this morning there was talk that it is all Cheney's fault. THAT'S BS. Cheney is the VP not the President. IF Cheney indeed did get away with going behind bush's back, even tho he's been found out since it says a LOT about Bush's lack of leadership ability. HE SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. I would never support holding bush responsible for every minor official in his administration, BUT how can you NOT hold him responsible for the actions of Cheney??

We made such a huge deal about clinton lying in court, ok, so it is a matter of rule of law, ok. BUT SO IS THIS and with MUCH more serious consequences, particularly to the soldiers that died and are CONTINUING to die.

WHERE IS THE ANGER?

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Quixfire
Wrong thread.

you mean, wrong forum.

ya, but i wanted to get the pulse of everyone not just the few that visit the politics thread.

besides. some issues are bigger than just politics.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
did they know it wasn't true?

afaik theres no felony associated with telling the public lies as an elected official, else all our politicians would be in jail.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
LeeTJ, I agree. I'm fscking pissed and I can't wait till I can do my part and vote against him in 2004.

This is exponentially more serious than Clinton BSing about getting head in the Oval Office.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix

afaik theres no felony associated with telling the public lies as an elected official, else all our politicians would be in jail.

most of the evidence seems to point to cheney as having known and perhaps bush jr didn't, but to me it doesn't matter whether he did or did not know, the truth is MANY in his administration DID know but he somehow had an atmosphere around him that made people reluctant to tell him the truth. that's a problem of leadership that i personally cannot condone.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: zippy
LeeTJ, I agree. I'm fscking pissed and I can't wait till I can do my part and vote against him in 2004.

This is exponentially more serious than Clinton BSing about getting head in the Oval Office.

Simply voting against him is not enough. Pick the Democratic candidate you like and see what you can do to help him out. Of course you can pick a 3rd party candidate, but realistically the only chance of getting Bush out of office is with a Democrat. If the Republican party saw the Administration for what it is, a radical right wing group who are not true conservatives, then they'd choose another candidate, but that ain't gonna happen (I would probably vote for McCain over a Democrat if given the choice).

So this should be a message to all, if you don't like the current President, mobilize against him right now. Real actions instead of words. Its the American way. And don't let up until November 2004.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: LeeTJ

most of the evidence seems to point to cheney as having known and perhaps bush jr didn't, but to me it doesn't matter whether he did or did not know, the truth is MANY in his administration DID know but he somehow had an atmosphere around him that made people reluctant to tell him the truth. that's a problem of leadership that i personally cannot condone.

can't impeach a guy for being unapproachable

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

But you can impeach him for lying about national security matters. High crimes and misdemeanors.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN

But you can impeach him for lying about national security matters. High crimes and misdemeanors.

Impeach Bush and Co.

Impeach Bush and Co.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

Impeach Bush and Co.

Impeach Bush and Co.

i voted and donated money.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999

it most likely looks like they did know it wasnt true, although more investigation needs to be done. the whole thing about the uranium from africa, bush was told repeatedly that it was most likely not true, but he stated it anyway as a matter of fact in his SOTU address.