Why take Al-Queda prisoners into US custody?

Murpheeee

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
SO I read that the big wig Al-Queda planner is now in US custody.

Wouldn't it be better to keep him in custody in Pakistan or some country where they don't have all these civil rights activists screaming for lawyers?

I am sure some Pakistani soldier could get more info out of him in 5 mins with a red hot poker than the entire FBI could in a year.

Think he is going to tell all by asking him nicely?
rolleye.gif

snooker

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Murpheeee
SO I read that the big wig Al-Queda planner is now in US custody.

Wouldn't it be better to keep him in custody in Pakistan or some country where they don't have all these civil rights activists screaming for lawyers?

I am sure some Pakistani soldier could get more info out of him in 5 mins with a red hot poker than the entire FBI could in a year.

Think he is going to tell all by asking him nicely?
rolleye.gif

If he is not a US Citizen then there will be no civil rights for lawyers to scream about (He is not a US Citizen). I would consider him a POW as soon as he gets into US Custody.

I am assuming he will remain in Pakistan for the time being while the US Interogates him, then he will probably be sent to Guantanamo Bay Cuba but I am sure he will not come to the US to face a criminal trial in our justice system.

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001
Treating him as a POW will just make the FBI job harder. The geneva convention granted basic right for an enemy combatant. Should have let the Pakistani asked the question that the FBI want answer on.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
The Geneva Convention would come into play as he is comsidered a POW.
If that is the case then I don't think he has to tell interrogators anything.