Why SOME of You Guys Are Having Trouble Meeting Women

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Encryptic
Considering that 90% of ATOT is computer geeks whose only experience with women is with the ones named ".GIF" and ".JPG", these attitudes are not surprising. ;)

don't forget mpeg and avi!!

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: luvly
"yes must be teenager, my last girl freind was 19 I dumped here 6 months ago, I am 39., no kidding."

No offence, but I wonder if you were anymore mature than she was if you were dating a girl 20 years younger than you and still a teen? Single at age 39 doesn't sound very flattering. :/

[Blindman:] "'If a woman wants a man that is all of the above, she is unrealistic, expects perfection, and should lower her standards and 'get real'. '

It is unreal. Such women dont exist, or at least I thought it didnt unless you can point me otherwise, then again I am probbly not compatiable with her."

It's so true, Blindman! Go read my posts and how I'm said to be superficial, unrealistic, fake or a perfectionist because I set a high standard but God forbid that I'm female with such high standards. Ironically, I don't perceive my standards as high standards. Perhaps if every woman sets that standard, we would get the men real straight and have them treat us right.

Most of my friends are very nice guys. I live in England.

I have no trouble meeting women.

My gf is everything and more I could want in a woman...........

Size 4 women are too small..........up to size 14 is alright. Any larger and it depends on her overall build.......

Breasts size is no important to me..........as long as they are real and not too big its fine with me........

Her past is not important unless shes a murderer or something crazy like that! :p

I dont' care if she has a career, hell it brings more money in to the relationship for us to spend!

I like women that take care of themselves with make up and such. But if her make up takes *too* long or say more then 20minutes to apply then thats TOO long for me...........

I'd say if she hasn't offered to pay for dinner or anything else I won't be calling her again after the 3rd date..........to me it shows that she doesn't care muce or is thoughtful at all........

Don't like women that whine about me.........

Dont perticularly like overweight women........

Not bothered about race or backgroud...........a beautiful woman is a beautiful woman...........

If shes a good cook BONUS if shes not thats no problem I'm pretty good at cooking.........

Koing

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Dezign
Courtesey of the world that is CL:

You don't want any woman larger than a Size 4.

You don't want any breasts smaller than a 36C.

You want only white or Asian women (who fit the above physical requirements).

You want her to have a career, but not be so focused on it that it takes attention away from YOU (otherwise she is a frigid, career-driven bitch).

You want her to be sexually adventurous and kinky, but not to have had an adventurous or kinky past (that makes her easy, a slut, a piece of meat).

If she wants kids, she's trying to trap you; if she doesn't, she's a frigid manhating,kidhating, family-hostile feminist bitch.

You want an educated woman but who isn't strident/opinionated/bitchy.

You want a girl who looks like a model (stylish and put together) but not one who is overly concerned with fashion or materialism.

You don't want a 'dinner whore' but if a woman pays for dinner your manhood is insulted.

You whine about why women don't smile at you on the street, and when we explain to you that many men basically consider it an invite to harass or threaten us you discount what we've said - do you listen, or do you just want to hear yourselves talk?

You say you want a super smart or super sexual woman but you are totally threatened by them.

You think women are there to validate your existence/good looks/success/blah blah blah.

You throw your good looks/money/success/flash car around as bait and then wonder why you attract gold-diggers.

You spew hatred towards women and then wonder why women can't stand you - do you think we're stupid?

You insist til you are blue in the face that there are no good women left around when there's actually an army of them - they're just not the brainless, spineless, 98-lb geisha dolls you really want.

If you want a woman that is beautiful, in shape, smart, successful, gracious, etc., you just have high standards for yourself.

If a woman wants a man that is all of the above, she is unrealistic, expects perfection, and should lower her standards and 'get real'.

You really don't want a woman who's an equal. You want a combo-platter whore/housekeeper/mommy. No one wants to be your Mommy, buddy. Or your whore or housekeeper for that matter.

You want the sex but you don't want to be obligated to call her afterwards. WTF?

If a woman 'gives it up' too easily and fvcks you without a bunch of dating and dinners, etc., she's a whore/slut.

If a woman won't fvck you until you've had a bunch of dating/dinners, etc, she's a gold-digging dinner whore.

You always talk about what women should be doing for you instead of what you could be doing for them to show them how much you enjoy their attention/time/energy - this goes both ways.

You blame women for your dating woes instead of either asking yourself if the issue might be you or all the other men who treat women like sh!t and force us to be wary and self-protective

Of course I am playing devil's advocate a little bit, but from what I read posted here all the time you guys seriously do demonstrate the above. Guys (and girls, too, for that matter), wake up. People are people. I'm a woman and believe me, it's just as hard meeting decent men in LA as women, if not harder. No one has a monopoly on malice or virtue, but I do think men are by and large pretty ignorant of the daily reality of women's lives and what a struggle it is and continues to be. Life is struggle for men, too, but you are NOT subjected to the same type of BS (namely, sexual) we are (when was the last time you smiled at a woman on the street and she followed you and threatened to rape you? When was the last time someone got you pregnant and bailed on you? When was the last time you went into a corner store to buy a Coke and the guy behind the counter told you to give him a smile? and that's just the tip of the iceberg). Everyone just get real.

no, i want a moral woman.

that's pretty much it.

decent looks are a plus, but i dont like big boobs...

but the reason i cant get a date is cause i look like a fugly gay pirate... hell if i know.

either that, or my complete lack of self confidence when i'm meeting women...

Koing

Oct 11, 2000

That their is your problem...............

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Koing

your ignorance of when to use they're, their and there is yours :p

hehe, jk.

yeah, i know that's a problem...

but i dont know any way to help it...

mebbe excercising more to boost my self confidence, as my lack therof is weight related...

Koing

Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Walleye
Originally posted by: Koing

your ignorance of when to use they're, their and there is yours :p

hehe, jk.

yeah, i know that's a problem...

but i dont know any way to help it...

mebbe excercising more to boost my self confidence, as my lack therof is weight related...

I'm not English and its my 2nd language!

Yeah hit the gym. That will help. Take a martial arts club. Any will do as long as the place is good.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: schizoid
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Thank you Dezign!!!

You know,I do the best I can to be the nicest person I can be,I also do the best I can to try to stay slim and fit,to look the best that I can given I don't have 100k a year to spend on my upkeep.If that isn't enough for a guy,well I guess I'm not for him.

Did someone say car analogy?

The best thing about women is, when you get one that's 40, you just trade it in for two 20s!

Lol,that joke is older than I am

Seriously,if a guy has that mindset more power to him.I'm not 20 but I'm a good woman and if a guy can't appreciate me and the effort I go to in order to try to make him happy I don't want him anyway.

Yeah, but are you fat?

Well, I'm almost 26, so I guess that means I should get two 13s. Heh.

=]

No,I'm not fat

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by: luvly
"yes must be teenager, my last girl freind was 19 I dumped here 6 months ago, I am 39., no kidding."

No offence, but I wonder if you were anymore mature than she was if you were dating a girl 20 years younger than you and still a teen? Single at age 39 doesn't sound very flattering. :/

[Blindman:] "'If a woman wants a man that is all of the above, she is unrealistic, expects perfection, and should lower her standards and 'get real'. '

It is unreal. Such women dont exist, or at least I thought it didnt unless you can point me otherwise, then again I am probbly not compatiable with her."

It's so true, Blindman! Go read my posts and how I'm said to be superficial, unrealistic, fake or a perfectionist because I set a high standard but God forbid that I'm female with such high standards. Ironically, I don't perceive my standards as high standards. Perhaps if every woman sets that standard, we would get the men real straight and have them treat us right.

:) Good post, luvly. I do believe there is a method to your madness here... ;)

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Thank you Dezign!!!

You know,I do the best I can to be the nicest person I can be,I also do the best I can to try to stay slim and fit,to look the best that I can given I don't have 100k a year to spend on my upkeep.If that isn't enough for a guy,well I guess I'm not for him.

The best thing about women is, when you get one that's 40, you just trade it in for two 20s!

Seriously,if a guy has that mindset more power to him.I'm not 20 but I'm a good woman and if a guy can't appreciate me and the effort I go to in order to try to make him happy I don't want him anyway.

Yeah, but are you fat?

=]

No,I'm not fat

Don't you love how they always ask if you are fat or not, as if the answer to that question will either validate or invalidate your point of view?

:confused:

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
PS: i have 2 couples im friends with (one is my ex) and both the guys they're with are fat guys.. both the girls are gorgeous. but the guys aren't ugly guys, they're just big.. they're not slobby looking or anything (if you can present yourself then you're ok.. then again some people don't hold their weight properly).

anyway.. yes lack of confidence does screw your chances up.. over the last few years everyone has noticed how i'm more confident/easy going/fun. (i used to be bitter/no confidence).. also i got a little bigger .. going to the gym boosts confidence..

yeah, more 2cents for an already large sad thread :)

and yeah i agree with whats his face, we all have our own standards

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Isla
Thank you Dezign!!!

Yeah, but are you fat?

=]

No,I'm not fat

Don't you love how they always ask if you are fat or not, as if the answer to that question will either validate or invalidate your point of view?

:confused:

LOL,good point! What's even sadder is that after losing and keeping off a good chunk of weight,my b/friend and a female friend of mine have been urging me to buy more form fitting clothing,(I'm stuck in the baggy grunge look)my g/friend is even gifting me with clothes:) The sad part? I'm sitting here today in a nice form fitting pair of black jeans and a cute tank top.... and had to ask my b/friend if it was ok because I couldn't bear the thought of being the spectre of the fat chick that gets laughed at for appearing in public in clothing meant for a skinner woman.The message of the body/fashion police gets deeply ingrained it seems.However,I can say this,I may not be a model but I sure as hell would never make the kind of cruel,ripping comments about other people's appearance that I see here and I'd never pass up the chance of possibly missing out on knowing somebody cool based solely on what they look like.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
LOL,good point! What's even sadder is that after losing and keeping off a good chunk of weight,my b/friend and a female friend of mine have been urging me to buy more form fitting clothing,(I'm stuck in the baggy grunge look)my g/friend is even gifting me with clothes:) The sad part? I'm sitting here today in a nice form fitting pair of black jeans and a cute tank top.... and had to ask my b/friend if it was ok because I couldn't bear the thought of being the spectre of the fat chick that gets laughed at for appearing in public in clothing meant for a skinner woman.The message of the body/fashion police gets deeply ingrained it seems.However,I can say this,I may not be a model but I sure as hell would never make the kind of cruel,ripping comments about other people's appearance that I see here and I'd never pass up the chance of possibly missing out on knowing somebody cool based solely on what they look like.

PIC?

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: JEDI

PIC?

Rotflmao!! nah,I'm too sexy for this forum;)

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
It is funny. Most of the people who think the list is true, apply it to everyone but themselves. IE: "Oh yea that sounds about right for most of the guys here". Like someone here actually knows jack about another person. I love people who think they can place/label/understand every person they havn't met.

Me? I don't apply to the topic because to have trouble meeting women, you'd actually have to attempt to meet them. Such is logic. I'm just lazy.

HappyGamer2

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
yes, single at 39, never been married and no children, It's cool to be free. best to never get married than to make a big mistake these days, like i said before Brains over penis power

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

PIC?

Hell I'm too sexy for myself!

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

PIC?

Hell I'm too sexy for myself!

Rotflmao! No problem,just remove your hat and shirt;)

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I don't particularly embrace any of those ideas and somehow I've still stayed clear of women like you. Somebody upstairs must like me. :beer:

HappyCracker

Mar 10, 2001
It is my belief that most relationships start with looks. You're standing at a bar and you see a good looking girl, so you talk to her. After that is when you get to find out what she's all about. I personally want someone who takes care of herself. "Plus size" women aren't really my thing, but I have no problems with them. I won't judge. I know you girls like "hot" guys with all that muscley crap and stuff like that too, but you seem to be more down to earth when it comes down to it. Men can be sloppy and still think they deserve the best looking person in the world. Before I ramble anymore I think I'm gonna end my post. Girls and guys, here's a tip from me: be confident. It shows.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Dezign, I have yet to read the numerous replies in this thread but I'd just like to say after reading your post: Preach on sistah! I wholeheartedly agree with the majority of your rant, probably because I also consider myself to be a super-smart, candid, knows-what-she-wants, don't-take-sh!t-from-anyone, often misunderstood, and "real" woman like yourself.:)

There are however a couple points in your rant that I don't wholly agree with...
You really don't want a woman who's an equal. You want a combo-platter whore/housekeeper/mommy. No one wants to be your Mommy, buddy. Or your whore or housekeeper for that matter.
Noone? Speaking for myself, I would rather like to find someone to care for, cater to his needs, and play that "whore/housekeeper/mommy" role, but at the same time, that someone must also be deserving of me, respect me, and prove himself to be worthy of that.
You always talk about what women should be doing for you instead of what you could be doing for them to show them how much you enjoy their attention/time/energy - this goes both ways.
Guys like this you should just ignore and not let bother you. If you date and stick with a guy like this, then you should accept your own fault in allowing someone to disrespect yourself in such a manner. Many immature girls with low self-esteem and who don't know what they want are guilty of this IMO.

I'm going to read the rest of the thread now.

michaelh20

Sep 4, 2000
It seems to me that the poster is the one with the issues and not the men in general. If "the poster" is having problems meeting men that she likes, perhaps she need to lower *her* standards a bit. Perhaps men don't want to put up with someone who doesn't really seem to have that high of an opinion of men in general. Certainly society is unfair to women in general, no doubt of that but that that fact isn't going to change anything really. I'm not saying everything that was said is true, I don't really think it is. Nice looking women are nice to look at -- not exactly surprising. Women with attitude problems are worse though............ would you want to date someone who went on at length about how awful women are?

People will really think whatever they want and be attracted to whatever they want. If you don't like the way they think, don't date them.. period.