Why should I have to pay for someone else's health insurance?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

I wonder how much better fiscally the states will be in 2 years when the Federal subsidy ends and the states have to pick up the increased costs? Funny how increased cost to the states wasn't part of any "cost estimate". Granted, the CBO only estimates Federal expenditures but that doesn't make it any less of an associated cost that will be paid for by taxpayers.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
LOL CAD continues to be the same lying right wingnut who can't disprove anything in any of my posts so the best he can manage is a feeble attempt to deny reality. :hmm:

lying? no, just pointing out that you're a raving lunatic when someone dares plug in the right coin. It's quite comical... I had thought you grew up and grew out of these tantrums.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
lying? no, just pointing out that you're a raving lunatic when someone dares plug in the right coin. It's quite comical... I had thought you grew up and grew out of these tantrums.

No. Actually, you're a lying right wingnut in denial. You STILL haven't disproven what I've said in my posts, and the best you can manage is pathetic, childish name calling.

If that's the best you can do with facts and reality, I'd hate to have to rely on your engineering skills when it comes to critical design.

Will you still think it's "comical" when George W. Bush, Dickwad Cheney and their criminal gang are tried, convicted and sentenced for their crimes? :eek:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
No. Actually, you're a lying right wingnut in denial. You STILL haven't disproven what I've said in my posts, and the best you can manage is pathetic, childish name calling.

If that's the best you can do with facts and reality, I'd hate to have to rely on your engineering skills when it comes to critical design.

Will you still think it's "comical" when George W. Bush, Dickwad Cheney and their criminal gang are tried, convicted and sentenced for their crimes? :eek:

lol, you haven't proven anything everytime someone has challenged you on your little tantrums. It's been years and yet here you are trying to claim no one has proven you wrong. Well, you have shown nothing to suggest you are right.

As to my engineering skills, I'd put them up against yours any day of the week. Ofcourse our areas differ so you wouldn't stand a chance in my area. But beyond your attempts to belittle me, it's not I who has problems with logic - that seems to be the issue you liberals/progressives have. You seem to think that emotion can substitute for actual logic and reason. Meh.. wallow away...

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
lol, you haven't proven anything everytime someone has challenged you on your little tantrums. It's been years and yet here you are trying to claim no one has proven you wrong. Well, you have shown nothing to suggest you are right.

You mean nothing, except direct links to credible sources for names, dates, quotes, legal citations and other info to support what I've posted, including my posts in this thread, which you STILL haven't disproven and which I doubt you can.

All you've proven, so far is that the only liar in this dialog is YOU.

As to my engineering skills, I'd put them up against yours any day of the week.

I have no doubt that you are an engineer, but because you continue to deny facts and reality, I'd hate to to rely on your engineering skills when it comes to critical design.

Ofcourse our areas differ so you wouldn't stand a chance in my area.

If it involves large objects suspended in public places or any other criticial design involving public safety, I wouldn't feel safe anywhere near "your area."

But beyond your attempts to belittle me,...

Your utter denial of facts and reality and your inability to disprove what I've said in my posts shows that you're far better at belittling yourself than anyone else could ever be.

it's not I who has problems with logic - that seems to be the issue you liberals/progressives have. You seem to think that emotion can substitute for actual logic and reason. Meh.. wallow away...

It seems that YOU... not "you conservatives"... YOU think spewing enough bluster, bullshit and denial can wash away the reality of logic, reason and demonstrable hard evidence. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
If anyone actually took the forum guidelines seriously, Harvey would have to permaban himself.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=60552

I realize that political debates get emotional and heated, but when someone resorts to name calling and personal insults, I no longer pay attention to any arguments they make.

On the topic, despite my conservative views on welfare and other forms of re-distribution of wealth, I'm actually not opposed to socialized medicine. To me, there is a big difference between paying for foodstamps and housing vs. paying for health care. With the exception of physical and mental illness, virtually everyone is capable of providing their own food and shelter if they are willing to work hard enough for it. But getting sick is usually something that people have no control of, and no matter how hard they work, there are going to be times when there is no way for someone to cover the cost of their health care needs. As a civilized modern society, I think it is our moral obligation to take care of people who need medical attention. So I'm actually in favor of socialized health care in theory, although I don't like the idea of the government being in control of it.

But I have two problems with Obama's health care plan.
1. I don't believe that we can provide more health care (no pre-existing condition exclusions, covering kids until 26, mandated coverage for a number of things) for more people, without more cost. So don't tell me it's going to be cheaper for everyone, because it's not. Of course, he had to lie about it because if he was honest and said it would cost everyone more money, it would have been much harder to pass.
2. Don't bother with this intermediate step. Everyone knows that the democrats want socialized health care. So telling us that's not what they want is a lie. Of course, again, I'm sure he felt like he had to lie about it because he didn't think he could get socialized health care passed.