Why Ron Paul is going to win New Hampshire

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: Perry404
Originally posted by: alchemize
Chicken Little: "The Sky is falling, the sky is falling!"
alchemize: "When, and by how much?"
Chicken Little: "Well, maybe it's just getting a little lower. It's hard to say. But it surely will fall some day".

What do you think you look like? Look around you. Ok nevermind I was wrong the economy is THRIVING and the dollar is LIKE A ROCK! :laugh:
I guess when you can't quote me you try and put words in my mouth.

The economy is doing fairly well, given the market conditions. I think we are headed for another recession as part of the normal business cycle + the additive effects of the mortgage mess.

The dollar has been and will continue to decline, but markets have priced this in.

And as I've stated, there is no looming cliff. You've stated the opposite, yet won't back up your words.

Thankfully you've committed to SOMETHING...

"If he doesn't win 2/5 first primaries I'll stop posting about Ron Paul because this nation will be finished. "

Mind if I put that in my sig?

No looming cliff? we're in freefall genius! Please note I am being semi-facetious because you are fun to play with.:D

piotrgurin

Apr 4, 2005
Great analysis, i agree Ron Paul will take New Hampshire.
In fact to guarantee it i think i'll head up there in a few days to join "Operation Live Free Or Die" and help canvas.
They rented a bunch of houses all through out New Hampshire for anyone that wants to volunteer to live in.

Teaparty07.com

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: scott
Originally posted by: Thump553
It's entirely possible Ron Paul will do very well in New Hampshire. New Hampshire has a strong core of old time arch-conservatives that form a very substantial part of the Republican Party there. Just read the state's principal newspaper, the Manchester Union Leader sometime-it's the kind of paper that would call Barry Goldwater out for being too liberal.

Also, if I remember correctly, NH law allows nonparty members to vote in primaries.

You GROSSLY mischaracterize Ron Paul as "arch-conservative"

Dr. Paul is an Indepenent advancing under the R label (small government) out of practical necessity.

GWB's renegade admin is a million miles away from the principles of the Rs.

:thumbsup:

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
What happened?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Pabster
Just eat the crow and move on, Perry404. I did. :laugh:

There's a few gems in this thread; big time predictions. :laugh:

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Ron Paul can win New Hampshire with 75,000 votes

In 2000 John McCain won New Hampshire with 115,490 votes with
George Bush trailing at 72,262 votes.
This time around the race is as wide open as it has ever been in our nations history. Paul is currently polling at 8% in New Hampshire and when the early-mid December polls come in there is no question that Paul will be polling at 10%+. Republican Voters will turn out in record low numbers this year. Except for Pauls. As we have witnessed on many an occasion this year Ron Pauls supporters turn out in droves always topping other candidates gatherings by a multiple of 5x or more. With such a split vote I believe Ron Paul can take New Hampshire with 75,000 votes.
Well he was almost right with his 75,000 votes needed to win.

McCain only needed 75,203 votes to beat Romney.

I wonder when our Paul bots will admit they were wrong. Or will they just never enter P&N again.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Lemon law
My thesis is that the libertarian position has a natural limit of about 15% support or so. Five out of Six voters will not buy in. Ron Paul is doing an excellent job closing in on that natural limit, but I see zero evidence Ron Paul will ever get over that hump.
I think you are very wrong on that.

The modern conservative movement is very libertarian at heart, except for the social conservatives trying to stop gays from marrying and abortions from happening.

Reagan himself had a very libertarian side to him. Stop the government from interfering with our lives was a major message of his. It was a theme he repeated over and over with his deregulation and talk of a smaller government.

One Reagan?s best quotes could be a libertarian mantra:
'The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: sirjonk
If he doesn't win new hampshire will you stop posting about him?

If he doesn't win 2/5 first primaries I'll stop posting about Ron Paul because this nation will be finished.

Well??? 3 down. What's next, SC? Nevada? Michigan?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I like Ron Paul. I never expected him to do as well as he has, actually. Considering the entrenched partisan flip sides of the same coins that both major parties exhibit, it's exceptional for him to achieve the % of Republican votes that he has. I think it shows that there are plenty of people out there who respond to his message. I think the polar opposite of Ron Paul would be Clinton/Giuliani, both big government whores.

Anyhow, GG Paul, thanks for playing, it's been an honor seeing a politician with integrity give it a go.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Arkaign
I like Ron Paul. I never expected him to do as well as he has, actually. Considering the entrenched partisan flip sides of the same coins that both major parties exhibit, it's exceptional for him to achieve the % of Republican votes that he has. I think it shows that there are plenty of people out there who respond to his message. I think the polar opposite of Ron Paul would be Clinton/Giuliani, both big government whores.

Anyhow, GG Paul, thanks for playing, it's been an honor seeing a politician with integrity give it a go.

What about the 20million?

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I'm disappointed he didn't beat Guiliani - I'm still baffled why anyone would vote for that guy!

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: GoPackGo

What about the 20million?

I suppose he may have honesty assessed the inevitability of the Republican nomination eluding him, and he may save that $$ to run (I)? Is that even legal? TBH I haven't thought about his fundraising and coffers much, impressive as they are.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I suppose he may have honesty assessed the inevitability of the Republican nomination eluding him, and he may save that $$ to run (I)? Is that even legal? TBH I haven't thought about his fundraising and coffers much, impressive as they are.

Impressive? Clinton and Obama both have $100 Million+ dollar war chests. And growing. Paul did well in the last quarter, certainly, but his war chest isn't earth shattering by any means. And the other two did it without "Money Bombs" :laugh:

The truth of the matter is that if $$$ is the deciding factor, the GOP is in big trouble this cycle. And I'll be the first to admit it.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: RaiderJ
I'm disappointed he didn't beat Guiliani - I'm still baffled why anyone would vote for that guy!

the same kind of people that voted for the Hildabeast.

Face it, 60% of the people that vote in primaries are total morons.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
IMHO, anyone who could vote for 9/11 or Hildabeast with a clear conscience is morally bankrupt.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
OP will be back any time now to explain to us what went wrong...and why RP will win the next state ;)

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
IMHO, anyone who could vote for 9/11 or Hildabeast with a clear conscience is morally bankrupt.

I think my morals are pretty ok :(

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002

Wow, I find myself agreeing with Pabster. Must be losing my mind!

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: glugglug

Wow, I find myself agreeing with Pabster. Must be losing my mind!

That may very well be the case. I think you had predicted RP would beat McCain in NH.

We scoff at the divisiveness of politics and then call millions of americans who vote their conscience morally bankrupt? can't complain about the system and then exacerbate the problems you're complaining about