Why Ron Paul is going to win New Hampshire

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: Perry404
Originally posted by: Corbett
Has anyone seen Perry404 since the NH primaries? I dont think I have.

Oh I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. There is no doubt this has been painful however.
Ron Paul isn't going anywhere either and neither are his supporters. In fact even if he loses and drops out you people will continue to hear his name echoing through the halls.
If you're waiting for us to go away then you'll have to wait until hell freezes over. We've been here longer then you and we're not going anywhere.
Ross Perot supporters said the same thing, and his name "echoed through the halls" for about six months past the election... at the most. I should know, I was one of them.

Now, if there is anything that reverberates through the halls long after RP's exit from the race, I hope it's the gist of his message, and not his name. I hope some of his ideals, and some of his ideas, outlive his candidacy.

If any of you RPbots are smart, you'll start a party in his honor, that is guided by his ideas and ideals; and, you'll present a candidate from that party at every future election (such as those from the Green and Libertarian parties).

Otherwise, as with Ross Perot, his name, ideals, and ideas, will ALL be lost by the time we watch the Superbowl in 2009...

Good luck with that!

Actually, you'll see that, or something very similar, and you'll most likely see it crushed almost as soon as it starts.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: bamacre

Oh I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. There is no doubt this has been painful however.
Ron Paul isn't going anywhere either and neither are his supporters. In fact even if he loses and drops out you people will continue to hear his name echoing through the halls.
If you're waiting for us to go away then you'll have to wait until hell freezes over. We've been here longer then you and we're not going anywhere.
Ross Perot supporters said the same thing, and his name "echoed through the halls" for about six months past the election... at the most. I should know, I was one of them.

Now, if there is anything that reverberates through the halls long after RP's exit from the race, I hope it's the gist of his message, and not his name. I hope some of his ideals, and some of his ideas, outlive his candidacy.

If any of you RPbots are smart, you'll start a party in his honor, that is guided by his ideas and ideals; and, you'll present a candidate from that party at every future election (such as those from the Green and Libertarian parties).

Otherwise, as with Ross Perot, his name, ideals, and ideas, will ALL be lost by the time we watch the Superbowl in 2009...

Good luck with that!

Actually, you'll see that, or something very similar, and you'll most likely see it crushed almost as soon as it starts.
well gee, that's the attitude! you may as well not bother trying then, right? :roll:

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001

Good luck with that!

well gee, that's the attitude! you may as well not bother trying then, right? :roll:

Well, once they're out of college and working, who'd have the time? Plus, they'd be spending their own money ... and "candidates that support pot legalization" will seem so much less important.

It happens every cycle...

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: ScottMac

Good luck with that!

Well, once they're out of college and working, who'd have the time? Plus, they'd be spending their own money ... and "candidates that support pot legalization" will seem so much less important.

It happens every cycle...
LOL.. trust me, I know. But it never hurts to try and motivate a pessimist... or a whole group of them!

You never know when one little spark of hope could impassion the whole bunch! (for more than six months at a time even!)

crazy, I know... meh... im bored at work, what can I say?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

We did try. You and the rest of the country called us morons and are about to elect someone who will only make the problem worse by not doing anything about it.

By the time that person is out of office, it's bound to be too late. That's the thing about compounding interest. ;)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

We did try. You and the rest of the country called us morons and are about to elect someone who will only make the problem worse by not doing anything about it.

By the time that person is out of office, it's bound to be too late. That's the thing about compounding interest. ;)
for the record, I only called any of "you" morons whenever "you" denied that Paulbots were spamming the online polls, when "you" expected to win in NH, or when "you" claimed Paul had upwards of 80% of the support nationwide.

I've agreed all along that RP had some decent ideas... it's just a shame that "you" cloud most of it with "your" apparent lunacy.

And, by "you," I'm referring to Paulbots as a group.

Now, are YOU (yourself) saying that you believe the USA will completely self-destruct in the next four years? Seriously?

Maybe you are a moron... :D

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Now, are YOU (yourself) saying that you believe the USA will completely self-destruct in the next four years? Seriously?

No. What I am saying is that in 4 years, our problems will only be even worse. Especially if the Dem's win and add UHC, and that's looking very likely because the Republicans have totally fucked up.

Maybe you are a moron... :D

That's why I have the clown avatar. You can call me what you will, I don't care.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002

Good luck with that!

That party already exists. It's called the Libertarian party.
In fact, the Libertarians have already invited Ron Paul to be their candidate if he doesn't win the Republican primaries.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: glugglug

Good luck with that!

That party already exists. It's called the Libertarian party.
In fact, the Libertarians have already invited Ron Paul to be their candidate if he doesn't win the Republican primaries.
That's a shame, because RP is not a true Libertarian.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Pabster
^^ Awesome. How many votes is Hillary trying to buy this time? :laugh:

And is Obama much different? Has he even talking about our financial crisis? Has he promised to trim our federal government?

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

Ron Paul just has too many radical ideas and he wanted to implement all of them at once. If acutally elected nobody knows which ones (if any) he could actually get pushed throughand without knowing that, then they have no idea of what would happen. That's not good.

To me it looked like he was just floating any and all the ideas that might garner him support, but it backfired on him.

That's why he isn't even doing as well as Ross Perot did.

No, what is radical is thinking that this country is going to be "just fine" while the federal government continues to spend entirely too much money and that this problem will just go away. When in actuality, the children of this country, and some of us young adults, might see the end of the country as we know it. That's a radical idea IMO.

LOL, Glen Beck, are you serious? He's just another talking head getting rich acting like he has all the answers.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Ron Paul just has too many radical ideas and he wanted to implement all of them at once. If acutally elected nobody knows which ones (if any) he could actually get pushed throughand without knowing that, then they have no idea of what would happen. That's not good.

To me it looked like he was just floating any and all the ideas that might garner him support, but it backfired on him.

That's why he isn't even doing as well as Ross Perot did.

No, what is radical is thinking that this country is going to be "just fine" while the federal government continues to spend entirely too much money and that this problem will just go away. When in actuality, the children of this country, and some of us young adults, might see the end of the country as we know it. That's a radical idea IMO.

LOL, Glen Beck, are you serious? He's just another talking head getting rich acting like he has all the answers.

Right because obviously David Walker is wrong. We aren't in debt, and everything is just fine.

:roll: