Why Romney will not win the election

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
So how much money Romney has is more important that Obama's intelligence and integrity? :confused:

Couple of things...

1. It's not just about how much money Romney has.. it's also about where it is and why it's stored there.

2. If Obama's intelligence and integrity are important, so are Romney's finances. You can't say one matters and the other doesn't.

I, personally, don't much care about either Obama's intelligence and integrity or Romney's finances. I don't have any faith in either one of them.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I wouldn't be shocked if any of his suits cost more than any car I've ever owned. I can't quite compete with his income level to get a suit like that ... also I don't really like wearing suits.

Not sure if you can even buy a suit that expensive (wait, if someone is will to spend the cash, there will always be someone willing to help them spend it, so there probably is), but a well built suit is a pleasure to wear.

I cannot begrudge anyone for owning a well built suit. My suits are all black, though. I can no longer wear any other color suit or sunglasses. ;)

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
You guys are really slacking in your smearing if you're resorting to this kind of nonsense.

And unless he does reveal the truth about his investments, we can only assume that he’s hiding something seriously damaging.

Hahaha, yeah, that makes sense. If you don't know something, just go ahead and ASSume it's something seriously damaging. Seriously, what idiots come up with this stuff?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I don't care where his money's at or how it's stored. What I care is him attacking the policies of Obama, which he's doing with nothing but feather so far. I want him to get out the sledgehammer and start pounding. Unfortunately, he's using the Dewey script of campaigning.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Hahaha, yeah, that makes sense. If you don't know something, just go ahead and ASSume it's something seriously damaging. Seriously, what idiots come up with this stuff?

LOL

Mitt’s Gray Areas

By PAUL KRUGMAN

Surprised?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You guys are really slacking in your smearing if you're resorting to this kind of nonsense.

You mean like how Obama would not release his birth certificate :p

Now we just need to come up with a fun name to describe those who are obsessed with seeing Romney's finances. :cool:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
What is he hiding? Almost certainly herculean and successful efforts to evade taxes and probably also a lot of damaging ties to oursourcing jobs. To me it's ludicrious that a major party is even considering nominating such a tax dodger as Romney-I guess patriotism is limited these days to empty gestures.

The sad thing is his father, George Romney, was such a stand up guy ethically and 180 degrees opposite from Willard on disclosure. I supported George Romney but his son has fallen a long way from the tree.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You mean like how Obama would not release his birth certificate :p

Now we just need to come up with a fun name to describe those who are obsessed with seeing Romney's finances. :cool:

We can call them stupid. Hmm...not fun enough.

Feb 10, 2000
How is it that Romney is unelectable due to baseless allegations against him while Obama can never release his college transcripts or thesis and his supposed autobiography turns out to be a complete fabrication and that is no problem.

What are you alluding to regarding President Obama's autobiography? I have never heard anyone claim it is a "complete fabrication," so please substantiate.

Personally I can't see how the President's academic records have any bearing whatsoever. Honestly, who cares? If the implication is that he isn't a smart guy, I find that a disingenuous position at best. Say what you will about President Obama, but he's clearly very bright. Even if he had a 1.8 GPA (which I'm sure is not the case), he is a man of obvious intelligence and intellectual curiosity.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
What is he hiding? Almost certainly herculean and successful efforts to evade taxes and probably also a lot of damaging ties to oursourcing jobs. To me it's ludicrious that a major party is even considering nominating such a tax dodger as Romney-I guess patriotism is limited these days to empty gestures.

If what you say is true, Obama would have offered Romney a high ranking position in his administration. Since Obama did not, we can assume Romney is not doing any tax evasion.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Personally I can't see how the President's academic records have any bearing whatsoever. Honestly, who cares? If the implication is that he isn't a smart guy, I find that a disingenuous position at best. Say what you will about President Obama, but he's clearly very bright. Even if he had a 1.8 GPA (which I'm sure is not the case), he is a man of obvious intelligence and intellectual curiosity.

IMO, they are slightly more important than how much money a man has and where that make electronically stores it. I really care little about either. A man can be of average intellect, but if he surrounds himself with wise men then he can be great.

The point is that it is wrong to be attacking Romney for not releasing every bit of info someone desires to see while not caring that Obama does the same thing.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I think Romney's biggest problem with the election is that he is too bland. He needs to hire someone to jazz up his image - to motivate people to vote for him.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I think Romney's biggest problem with the election is that he is too bland. He needs to hire someone to jazz up his image - to motivate people to vote for him.

His biggest problem is himself. If people thought McCain's "Straight Talk Express" went off the tracks flipping from side to side, wait until this election starts really ramping up, Romney has literally been on every side, of every issue. The guy honestly has zero compass.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
His biggest problem is himself. If people thought McCain's "Straight Talk Express" went off the tracks flipping from side to side, wait until this election starts really ramping up, Romney has literally been on every side, of every issue. The guy honestly has zero compass.

Which makes him much like Obama. But if he gets someone to give him a personality makeover, he can shrug it off like Obama has.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I still find it amazing that in all the political discussions I've been involved in here and in other places, I've yet to encounter anyone who actually likes Romney. I'm sure there are a few, but obviously not many. All he really seems to have going for him is being "not Obama".

I just heard Rush Limbaugh not 10 minutes ago say this very same thing. That Romney doesn't matter, all that matters is beating Obama.

Again, it's a carbon copy repeat of 2004.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make it any less of a pig.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Obama ran on "I am not Bush". All of the candidates in recent times have run on "I am not the other guy/not someone who is no longer president".