Why NOT Impeach Bush and Cheney ? The Republicans Will take Him Out!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: Mursilis
QFT. Being a disaster of a president, in and of itself, is not an impeachable offense.

Going back to my first post, though it was ignored, I think creating a war in mistake IS an impeachable offense. Legal, illegal, forget those arguments - the damage done by his mistake is huge and it should very well be something Congress can impeach over.

There was plenty of opposition toward US involvement in WWI, the Korean War, and Vietnam at the time too, and Vietnam (which has cost more lives than Iraq so far) is still considered a mistake by many. I find your criteria overbroad.

A war of aggression based on false evidence is criteria enough and not similar to your examples.

Also, please note the results of our actions. Iraq helped keep Iran in balance, and now we have empowered a self declared nemesis with nuclear and ballistic technology in heavy development. We?re in a very bad position now.

How do you expect any president to conduct foreign policy with that kind of strict requirement over their head? Allowing people years later to give an opinion of their actions with 20/20 vision. These people arent gods, they are falible.

Under your requirements Jimmy Carter should have been impeached for allowing the Shah to be deposed and a hostile regime erected in its place. JFK should have been impeached for authorizing the bay of pigs. Hell FDR could have been impeached for not doing enough in WWII and allowing the world to nearly collapse.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Bird222
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: OrByte
NO need to prove it to you then right?

since I guess lying to the public doesnt matter.

The Bush Administration lied. And you don't matter.

He went back on his Oath...do you remember that?

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

There is his lie. But again, you don't matter.

So, it should say "to the best of what the public thinks my ability" is?

Answer my assertion: Unless, of course, you can give an example of him lying UNDER OATH in ANY court of law.

Lying to the public is not an impeachable offense,

Thanks.

Why not impeach and let the Senate decide if he is guilty? We better do something about BushCo because if we don't it is gonna take that much longer to restore our standing in the world.

Bush is already a lame duck and has been since 2006. What will he do that the democrats cant squish in the next 8 months?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: dphantom
Being wrong is quite different than being a liar. if Bush is a liar, then so were numerous peole before him.

I do not like what has occurred in Iraq, but that does not make anyone a liar.

Really?

What numerous people before him are responsible for his *ordering the inspectors out of Iraq* a few months before they could complete the inspections, so he could invade?

He promised that the resolution authorizing force was for getting the inspectors in, not for war, yet he made it for war and he stopped the inspections. Who are you blaming?

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
QFT. Being a disaster of a president, in and of itself, is not an impeachable offense.

Going back to my first post, though it was ignored, I think creating a war in mistake IS an impeachable offense. Legal, illegal, forget those arguments - the damage done by his mistake is huge and it should very well be something Congress can impeach over.

There was plenty of opposition toward US involvement in WWI, the Korean War, and Vietnam at the time too, and Vietnam (which has cost more lives than Iraq so far) is still considered a mistake by many. I find your criteria overbroad.

A war of aggression based on false evidence is criteria enough and not similar to your examples.

Also, please note the results of our actions. Iraq helped keep Iran in balance, and now we have empowered a self declared nemesis with nuclear and ballistic technology in heavy development. We?re in a very bad position now.

Don't pretend I'm defending Bush; I'm merely arguing against the nuclear option. Until Clinton, both parties recognized it as such, and considered it only sparingly. Rightly so, in my opinion.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Because we impeached the last president and having back to back impeachments would look fucking horrible in the history books, the newspapers, and the rest of the world. We have term limits to deal with unpopular or incompetent presidents, you get 8 years to screw everyone over, and that's it.

When did we repeal the duty in the constitution for Congress to put the law ahead of how it looks in the history books?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

I think Democrats decided they won because Americans didn't like Republicans for impeaching Clinton...

Do you have any links to Democrats saying that?

It's rather odd logic, when the doofus Bush won in 2000 despite prosperity and peace.

You're saying the democrats think they won in 2006 because of what the Republicans did in the 1990's, after losing in 2000, 2002, and 2004?

I'm not aware of democrats thinking that.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: apoppin
Bush lied repeatedly about weapons, the link to al quaeda, about saddam ..

what specific lies are you referring to?

The resolution for the use of force in Iraq is NOT a vote for war. War is a last resort, if and only if the every effort to address the WMD issue through UN inspectors is blocked by Saddam.

Then, Saddam cooperated and the inspectors announced they were a few months from finishing the inspections.

Then, without any other provocation other than the imaginary 'mushroom cloud' risk that couldn't wait those few months, Bush *ordered the inspectors out* and invaded.

Certainly, on the WMD issue, Bush has some room for blaming CIA mistakes, though it's a gray area with Cheney going over and pressuring the analysts to say they were there.

But on the issue of his saying he would try to avoid war if at all possible by using the UN inspection process to deal with WMD, but then breaking that promise for war, he's to blame.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
A study of the fall of civilizations recently revealed that those that fall do so when the leaders are not accountable. If Bush can't be held accountable watch your civilization fall.

But the way that accountability is achieved matters. I would rather have a meaningful investigation after the fact than a show trial and obfuscation now.

If we elect someone who will not block an investigation or perhaps will aid it, then we can have the truth. If the truth reveals a criminal, then being a past holder of an office is no defense.

Lets see what was done, then act on it. That's accountability by a method we need not be ashamed of. Revenge is easy now, but it's not a legacy I'd like to hand to my children when justice could have prevailed by exercising patience.

Let us not bring ourselves down in our haste to punish our leaders.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87
Bush is already a lame duck and has been since 2006. What will he do that the democrats cant squish in the next 8 months?

That's not the point. The world (and the country for that matter) needs to know that we hold our leaders accountable. I don't care if they impeach Bush and Cheney on Jan 20.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Craig234

I think Democrats decided they won because Americans didn't like Republicans for impeaching Clinton.../q]

Do you have any links to Democrats saying that?

It's rather odd logic, when the doofus Bush won in 2000 despite prosperity and peace.

You're saying the democrats think they won in 2006 because of what the Republicans did in the 1990's, after losing in 2000, 2002, and 2004?

I'm not aware of democrats thinking that.

Won the battle of public opinion. The Republican revolution turned out to be a big explosion of hate and graft the blew up in their own faces. The fish rots first at the head.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
How do you expect any president to conduct foreign policy with that kind of strict requirement over their head? Allowing people years later to give an opinion of their actions with 20/20 vision. These people arent gods, they are falible.

Under your requirements Jimmy Carter should have been impeached for allowing the Shah to be deposed and a hostile regime erected in its place. JFK should have been impeached for authorizing the bay of pigs. Hell FDR could have been impeached for not doing enough in WWII and allowing the world to nearly collapse.

It's 'fallible', ironic typo.

Your comments are wrong. You confuse (what you allege is) bad policy, with taking the nation to war under false pretenses.

JFK did not take the US to war in Cuba - he specifically kept the US out of war in Cuba, in fact, at political cost to himself, despite the pushing of the CIA and JCS to go to war.

He approved a covert operation for Cubans to invade with minimal US support.

Jimmy Carter did not take the US to war under false pretenses.

Even Vietnam, it's not clear the case could be made LBJ knew there were false pretenses, and Congress voted for the war (as opposed to the 2002 vote for the resolution Bush specifically said was not a vote for war, but a vote for leverage for him to get the UN inspectors in to Iraq, with war only as a last resort if Saddam refused the inspectors).

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
OK, I don't like Bush.

Please cite the law and the instance along with evidence which is not hearsay which in fact makes a case strong enough to remove a sitting President.

No "should be" or "we must"

Cite the law violated, and the specific evidence (which op-eds are not)

Pretend you are an attorney trying to convince a Congressman that there is a substantial case IN LAW.

Whatcha got?

A list of specifics for which to impeach Bush.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Bird222

That's not the point. The world (and the country for that matter) needs to know that we hold our leaders accountable. I don't care if they impeach Bush and Cheney on Jan 20.

We had our chance to hold Bush accountable in 2004. The people decided they wanted him back. As for the world. We shouldnt impeach our politicians based on World opinion. Because quite frankly, it is none of their damned business.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
OK, I don't like Bush.

Please cite the law and the instance along with evidence which is not hearsay which in fact makes a case strong enough to remove a sitting President.

Pretend you are an attorney trying to convince a Congressman that there is a substantial case IN LAW.

Whatcha got?

Good! You have a list that has some merit.

Now, what is it you really want done with it? Not a trick question, but let's suppose you can get half that list to stick. I've often thought that a violation of FISA might be sufficient.

The absolute best case for impeachment would likely take a few years. Understand that Bush will pull Executive Privilege out for everything. That means a stalemate that goes until the SCOTUS resolves the issues. Bush simply will refuse to give the proceedings any credence. He will prohibit testimony by anyone remotely connected with the Executive Branch, and the Attorney General isn't going to be hauling anyone before Congress. His basis for refusing to participate in the process will be the concept of the Unitary Presidency. That will have to be struck down by the SCOTUS. Anyone who is tossed in jail for contempt will be pardoned. They will walk free, and not just for the remainder of this term.

Simply put, no one CAN impeach Bush, because he can throw monkey wrench after monkey wrench into the works.

You are not going to get him while he's in office. Time is too short.

Now, suppose you take that same list, and investigate the day after he leaves office. He's no longer President. He can't use Executive powers to hamper investigations. He's Joe Citizen.

I don't want to make a great noise to no effect. I'd rather see the evidence without being hampered, then if he broke the law he can hardly pardon anyone, can he?

Fight now and lose, or fight later and maybe win. Which is better to you?

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
We had our chance to hold Bush accountable in 2004. The people decided they wanted him back. As for the world. We shouldnt impeach our politicians based on World opinion. Because quite frankly, it is none of their damned business.

I guess you don't relize that world opinion can translate into saved lives and saved treasury aswell. As far as the people voting him back in, that just blows my mind. I guess they were still too scared the boogeyman was gonna get them to think clearly.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Now, suppose you take that same list, and investigate the day after he leaves office. He's no longer President. He can't use Executive powers to hamper investigations. He's Joe Citizen.

I don't want to make a great noise to no effect. I'd rather see the evidence without being hampered, then if he broke the law he can hardly pardon anyone, can he?

Seems like the chances of this happening are next to nil. It would take some in congress with serious fortitude to see this through. The results would be quite interesting though - might give pause to future machinations.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
OK, I don't like Bush.

Whatcha got?

Now, what is it you really want done with it? Not a trick question, but let's suppose you can get half that list to stick. I've often thought that a violation of FISA might be sufficient.

The absolute best case for impeachment would likely take a few years.

My reading suggests that Congress could act very quickly, if they want to, well within his remaining term, i.e. a few months. BTW, FISA jumps to the head of my list, too.

Here's one summary I've seen responding to that claim:

When they say "There is not enough time for impeachment."

* If Congress decided to impeach Bush or Cheney then it could happen fairly quickly.
* Andrew Johnson fired Edwin Stanton on February 21, 1868. On March 2nd, ten days later, the House voted to impeach him for that crime. The trial lasted two months. The Republicans who led the impeachment against Johnson won the Presidential election later that year with 53% of the popular vote.
* On July 27th, 1974, the Judiciary Committee approved Articles of Impeachment against Richard Nixon for spying on Americans and ignoring subpoenas. On August 8th, twelve days later, Nixon announced that he would resign. [BBC]
* The House voted to initiate impeachment hearings for Bill Clinton in October 1998. He was impeached two months later on December 19th. The trial began January 7th after the Winter break and ended one month later on February 6th.
* An aide to Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) once said that the impeachment of Bush might take longer because the crimes were so much more serious and more numerous and there was so much more evidence. But we could focus on one or two of the most serious crimes to begin with. Bush or Cheney need only be convicted on one Article of Impeachment in order to be removed from office.
* At a minimum, we can at least start impeachment hearings in the Judiciary Committee. Representative Wexler and others are asking John Conyers to begin hearings.

Understand that Bush will pull Executive Privilege out for everything. That means a stalemate that goes until the SCOTUS resolves the issues.

It doesn't matter. Congress has more than enough evidence - they don't need to go through the 'Nixon tapes trial' the Supreme Court quickly resolved.

They need sufficient, not complete info, and they already have it available.

Bush simply will refuse to give the proceedings any credence.

That hardly matters - like Nixon 'gave them credence'.

He will prohibit testimony by anyone remotely connected with the Executive Branch, and the Attorney General isn't going to be hauling anyone before Congress. His basis for refusing to participate in the process will be the concept of the Unitary Presidency. That will have to be struck down by the SCOTUS. Anyone who is tossed in jail for contempt will be pardoned. They will walk free, and not just for the remainder of this term.

For one, the congress can get the evidence they need without that testimony.

For two, it's debatable whether Bush would choose to so blatantly abuse his power. You might recall how public opinion turned on Nixon for his 'massacre' when he got rid of the special prosecutor investigating him - which he had the power to do, but which he had to get rid of two of his own people who refused on principle to do, until the third person, Robert Bork (yes, that Bork, later rewarded for his 'party loyalty') was willing to be his political tool.

For three, Congress *could* conceivably even use such a blatant abuse of the power to obstruct justice as additional grounds for impeachment.

Simply put, no one CAN impeach Bush, because he can throw monkey wrench after monkey wrench into the works.

We disagree.

Perhaps unfortunately, we have a strong precedent in this country for not going after a former president for wrongdoing in office, probably out of a healthy desire not to set a precedent for 'payback' abuse. I suspect there will be little interest in doing so. The time to hold him accountable is now, while he's in office, first because that's what the law says to do, and second, for what it matters, I think it'll make a far stronger 'statement'.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: JS80
BILL CLINTON
It depends on what the meaning of the words "lie" is.

So being wrong = lying?

Since you refuse to read, I'll repeat, here is his lie, not being wrong:

The resolution for the use of force in Iraq is NOT a vote for war. War is a last resort, if and only if the every effort to address the WMD issue through UN inspectors is blocked by Saddam.

Then, Saddam cooperated and the inspectors announced they were a few months from finishing the inspections.

Then, without any other provocation other than the imaginary 'mushroom cloud' risk that couldn't wait those few months, Bush *ordered the inspectors out* and invaded.

Certainly, on the WMD issue, Bush has some room for blaming CIA mistakes, though it's a gray area with Cheney going over and pressuring the analysts to say they were there.

But on the issue of his saying he would try to avoid war if at all possible by using the UN inspection process to deal with WMD, but then breaking that promise for war, he's to blame.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: dphantom
Originally posted by: eskimospy

That's not really true at all. Congress can impeach and convict him for pretty much anything it wants to. It is the source of indictment, of prosecution, and of conviction. It can pick one of a million reasons to do so, and if they convicted do you think the Supreme Court would try and overturn it? Riiiiiiiiight.

Again, it's all about politics, not about law.

To a point you are correct, but if Congress ever decides that impeachment of a sitting President can be done on essentially what you are saying is a whim, our form a democracy is at an end.

Clinton lied under oath which in any normal case (you or I) would result in a conviction and jail time if proven true. Should he have been impeached - my personal opinion is no.

Bush, Clinton, Gore, Kerry and Cheney all were wrong on Iraq's WMD. Should they be impeached for being wrong. No, I don't think so. Being an idiot is not IMO an impeachable offense.

It's not a whim, there are plenty of defensible reasons to impeach Bush. Violation of FISA was one I saw mentioned. (and JESUS is that ever an impeachable act) Andrew Johnson was impeached largely on the whims of Congress and came within one vote of being convicted. Our system of government seems to have held up fine in the intervening century and a half.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
OK, I don't like Bush.

Whatcha got?

The absolute best case for impeachment would likely take a few years.

My reading suggests that Congress could act very quickly, if they want to, well within his remaining term, i.e. a few months. BTW, FISA jumps to the head of my list, too.

Here's one summary I've seen responding to that claim:

When they say "There is not enough time for impeachment."

* If Congress decided to impeach Bush or Cheney then it could happen fairly quickly.
* Andrew Johnson fired Edwin Stanton on February 21, 1868. On March 2nd, ten days later, the House voted to impeach him for that crime. The trial lasted two months. The Republicans who led the impeachment against Johnson won the Presidential election later that year with 53% of the popular vote.
* On July 27th, 1974, the Judiciary Committee approved Articles of Impeachment against Richard Nixon for spying on Americans and ignoring subpoenas. On August 8th, twelve days later, Nixon announced that he would resign. [BBC]
* The House voted to initiate impeachment hearings for Bill Clinton in October 1998. He was impeached two months later on December 19th. The trial began January 7th after the Winter break and ended one month later on February 6th.
* An aide to Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) once said that the impeachment of Bush might take longer because the crimes were so much more serious and more numerous and there was so much more evidence. But we could focus on one or two of the most serious crimes to begin with. Bush or Cheney need only be convicted on one Article of Impeachment in order to be removed from office.
* At a minimum, we can at least start impeachment hearings in the Judiciary Committee. Representative Wexler and others are asking John Conyers to begin hearings.

Understand that Bush will pull Executive Privilege out for everything. That means a stalemate that goes until the SCOTUS resolves the issues.

It doesn't matter. Congress has more than enough evidence - they don't need to go through the 'Nixon tapes trial' the Supreme Court quickly resolved.

They need sufficient, not complete info, and they already have it available.

Bush simply will refuse to give the proceedings any credence.

That hardly matters - like Nixon 'gave them credence'.

He will prohibit testimony by anyone remotely connected with the Executive Branch, and the Attorney General isn't going to be hauling anyone before Congress. His basis for refusing to participate in the process will be the concept of the Unitary Presidency. That will have to be struck down by the SCOTUS. Anyone who is tossed in jail for contempt will be pardoned. They will walk free, and not just for the remainder of this term.

For one, the congress can get the evidence they need without that testimony.

For two, it's debatable whether Bush would choose to so blatantly abuse his power. You might recall how public opinion turned on Nixon for his 'massacre' when he got rid of the special prosecutor investigating him - which he had the power to do, but which he had to get rid of two of his own people who refused on principle to do, until the third person, Robert Bork (yes, that Bork, later rewarded for his 'party loyalty') was willing to be his political tool.

For three, Congress *could* conceivably even use such a blatant abuse of the power to obstruct justice as additional grounds for impeachment.

We disagree.

Perhaps unfortunately, we have a strong precedent in this country for not going after a former president for wrongdoing in office, probably out of a healthy desire not to set a precedent for 'payback' abuse. I suspect there will be little interest in doing so. The time to hold him accountable is now, while he's in office, first because that's what the law says to do, and second, for what it matters, I think it'll make a far stronger 'statement'.

I could be wrong, who knows? I'm just thinking of all the times Leahy asked for documents that have yet to be produced. If Congress was united in seeking impeachment, then I believe you could be right. Tossing political parties into this, I think not, but again I can't know.

Still, I'd like to see the truth of the matter.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
OK, I don't like Bush.

Whatcha got?

Yep, once you get past the emotion and focus on the above, impeachment is a whole lot less attractive to many. Particularly those in Congress.

For the moment Congress has been allowed to re-write history in an effort to exonerate themselves. But an impeachment proceding will fvck that up big time. Many Congressperson, Dems included, were holding forth on what a threat Saddam was even when they never saw GWB's (alleged lying) evidence etc. Previous Presidents and other nations too. Good luck with proving *intent*, which is reqiured before a mistake is elevated to a purposeful lie.

While I suppose Congress could impeach for mistakes and bad judgement, do they really wanna create that precident? We would end up with something more like a parlimentary system and every time something went wrong - the economy, hostages in Iran etc - a threat of impeachment (or a vote of "no confidence") would arise were the opposition party controlling Congress.

Then there's the practical considerations involving *timing* and the current election. Politicians have to campaign and raise funds, do they have time for an impeachment process now? Could it even be completed in time? Are there any potential political costs for the Dems?

IMO, there are many reasons why not, and if there weren't it probably would have been seriously attempted by now.

There are only two reasons to impeach AFAIK. To remove them from office; that's already gonna happen and likely faster than an impeachment could force. Otherwise, it is too officially *disapprove* of something. Given the current polling Congress can't improve upon that with an impeachment either.

In short, once you get past the emotional aspects, I see no good reason for the Dems to pursue it. And again, I suppose that they feel the same way.

edited to fix grammer

Fern

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
i rarely change my mind in the middle and edit a title .. i am making AN *exception* for P&N - this is my *current analysis* :
You still don't get it; think as though you were a REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN FACING RE-ELECTION:
[i know you have to be a "schemer", like me but imagine -TRY to picture my scenario:]

The *republicans* need a SCAPEGOAT - or else they will lose more seats

---THEY need to take Bush out!

think outside the box

. . . and wait and see .. REPUBLICANS will get rid of him - to their party's advantage; McLame may *distance himself* from Bush and then *pardon* him as was done for Nixon - the "deal"

Bush and Cheney are big Liabilities to the Republican Party - NOW - after the SPEECH that is hopefully the TURNING POINT - for REPUBLICANS to decide to impeach

Follow me now for a moment - after Bush's "blame everyone else" speech:

AMERICA will either blame our mess on:

1) the Republican Congress
{what Bush just really said, "not my fault"}

or

2) Bush/ Cheney who are out in January - ANYWAY
{a "sacrifice" for the good of the Party and to elect McLame[/i]

if you are that Republican Congressman facing Re-election
- what choice do YOU make?

^^ my "insane" analysis ^^ - a Chaos-based prediction
rose.gif

think about it

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
I see no good reason for the Dems to pursue it. And again, I suppose that they feel the same way.

You are an Awesome Analyst, Fern!

But look deeper .. Bush is insane and just shot himself in front of the nation
- self-assassination, real poetic ironic justice .. he tried to administer His Own Nasty Poison to his friends and even blamed his former allies - the Republican Congress - for his OWN mental defects and shit planning.

Shortly the Top Republican Strategy Planners will see what now has to be done
- and i think they will reach my own conclusion .. Bush needs to go - just before the election; or else the proceedings need to be well under way with every republican congressman and senator distancing themselves from the dirty rats who Failed Our Great Nation. They will cry {as Hitlery does now} "They Fooled All of US" .. . and they will grab the hot tar and feathers to run the asses out of Washington

i am *practical* and see a way the Republicans can "save face" - and [who really cares about 'face' ?]- the "biggie" IS the ELECTION
-we could have McLame who really looks much better than Bush .. day by day as he and Cheney are impeached and then they resign.

Everyone needs a Scapegoat in Politics - Bush and Cheney are ALREADY the most *hated* people on the planet! - a perfect sacrifice!

So the Bush Curse becomes the Solution, as a "sacrifice" the the gods and to the Angry Mob that Needs to place Blame on Someone - and McLame will look "wise" as he "forgives" the miscreants with a Presidential Pardon and History will judge [as with Ford and Nixon's DEAL]
.. and my idea is Heaven Sent .. poetic justice even
win-win
win
[i know]
rose.gif

Best of all, my mom is making something of a miraculous rally .. so who knows anything?

:music:
I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It?s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I?ve been prayin?for
Sun-Shiny day.

Look all around, there?s nothin?but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothin?but blue skies

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
Sun-Shiny day.
:music:
-J. Nash

maybe .. just maybe we may escape a premature armageddon .. this time it's the Republican strategists to need to get my plan to save their election

goddamn balance
:)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: apoppin
I see no good reason for the Dems to pursue it. And again, I suppose that they feel the same way.

You are an Awesome Analyst, Fern!

But look deeper .. Bush is insane and just shot himself in front of the nation
- self-assassination, real poetic ironic justice .. he tried to administer His Own Nasty Poison and even blamed his former allies

shortly the Top Republican Strategy Planners will see what now has to be done
- and i think they will reach my own conclusion .. Bush needs to go - just before the election - or else the proceedings need to be well under way with every republican congressman and senator distancing themselves from the dirty rats who Failed Our Great Nation. They will cry {as Hitlery does now} They Fooled All of US .. . and will grab the hot tar and feathers

i am *practical* and see a way the Republicans can "save face" - and [who rally cares about face - the "biggie" - and the ELECTION
-we could have McLame who really looks much better than Bush .. day by day as he and Cheney are impeached and then they resign.

Everyone needs a Scapegoat in Politics

So the Bush Curse .. becomes the Solution as a "sacrifice" the the gods and the Angry Mob that Needs to place Blame
.. and my idea is Heaven Sent .. poetic justice even win-win
win
[i know]
rose.gif

You are thinking emotionally, not politically or logically.

The Dems have not obtained any additional information to justify an impeachment that will stand up in a trial.

It WILL be seen as political grandstanding and could be to the public as an act of sour grapes. Bush was able to deny the Democrats all the glory that they desired when they gained control of Congress and pretty much blocked all the Democrats' goals that they stated when they came to control.

All the posturing that was done when the '06 elections happened came to naught.
Now people will be seeing an impeachment proceeding as a way of digging out dirt and attempting to influence the '08 election.