Why no new maps for COD4 for PC?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
They are probably just going to make an expansion disc like they did for COD1 and COD2.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
I play on servers with nothing but new maps created by the community.
As soon as consoles get that, I'll consider purchasing one.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
im so sick of the PC getting the shaft recently. i dont want to shell out $400 + $50 for each damn accessory just to play games. at least my computer is a multifunction device! :|

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: bunker
I play on servers with nothing but new maps created by the community.
As soon as consoles get that, I'll consider purchasing one.

Which servers? I am sick of the base maps.

RS8

Oct 14, 2007
The problem with all the created maps, they're either lacking in quality or you have to find a decent server that has them in rotation.

deadken

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
I am so sick of the basic and limited maps used in the 'official' game. I like playing AWE or ACE much more the 'vanilla' COD4.

It is sooo damn lame that a elite soldier with an assault rifle can't enter ANY dang door/building that he wants.

Try this, play Backlot on COD4. Then install a mod and play Backlot_2 on it. Whoa! What a HUGE difference. So much more access to the ENTIRE map. Just about every building is now a potential place to go. So many more sniper perches. So many more ambush spots. It really re-energizes the game.

I really did like COD4 Singleplayer (still, the storyline wasn't as good or linear as the Half-Life series). When it comes to multiplayer, I do like Vehicles. If you aren't gonna give me vehicles, then PLEASE fully develope the maps you offer.

BTW: Check out www.codutility.com for some map downloads. Or just google COD4 maps and see what you find.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Hey you know IW is going to release them for the PC, but they want to stagger them, or all the xbox 360 n00bs will bitch about how they had to buy them and we get them for free.

shingletingle

Jun 30, 2007
Originally posted by: TehMac
Hey you know IW is going to release them for the PC, but they want to stagger them, or all the xbox 360 n00bs will bitch about how they had to buy them and we get them for free.

So why are they called Xbox 360 n00bs? Is it because it's "cool" to call console game players "n00bs"? Is it because of some sort of dorky l33t snobbery because you play games on a PC?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: shingletingle

So why are they called Xbox 360 n00bs? Is it because it's "cool" to call console game players "n00bs"? Is it because of some sort of dorky l33t snobbery because you play games on a PC?

Interested in debating PC versus Consoles? Then checkout this new thread created for that purpose.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: shingletingle

Shure. :confused:

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
http://www.fpsbanana.com/games

This place has a very large community for all types of FPS and customized content. If you're looking for skins/models/maps/etc they have it and for many games. They also have the best help wanted section for the mod community of any site I've been on