why my display not hdcp capable?

nix253

Jan 14, 2010
hey guys i've xfx 9600 gt 1 gb ddr3 and sony bravia klv 32w400a lcd. Now i'm using dvi to hdmi converter on the card which was supplied with it to connect my sony lcd through an hdmi capable which i don't know has hdcp capablity or not... i mean the cable sure does have HDMI logo on it and i'm able to play games and set up my desktop on 1920 x 1080 but in NVIDIA control panel it's telling me that my display isn't supporting HDCP? i mean why when i've got all HD stuff hooked up... i doubt if it's got something to do with the converter or the cable

please tell me wat's wrong with the setup and not immediately but in future i might be using my pc for blu ray playback so how do i make my pc HDCP compliant with which right stuff?

mpilchfamily

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2007
Is the LCD Labled as an HDCP display. If not then it may not be. If it is then the HDMI to DVI converter is the problem. HDCP is a form of copy protection. It ensures there is a safe and uninterrupted line from the player to the screen. Making sure you have nothing in between that can capture and record the stream.

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
hey guys i've xfx 9600 gt 1 gb ddr3 and sony bravia klv 32w400a lcd. Now i'm using dvi to hdmi converter on the card which was supplied with it to connect my sony lcd through an hdmi capable which i don't know has hdcp capablity or not... i mean the cable sure does have HDMI logo on it and i'm able to play games and set up my desktop on 1920 x 1080 but in NVIDIA control panel it's telling me that my display isn't supporting HDCP? i mean why when i've got all HD stuff hooked up... i doubt if it's got something to do with the converter or the cable

please tell me wat's wrong with the setup and not immediately but in future i might be using my pc for blu ray playback so how do i make my pc HDCP compliant with which right stuff?

That's mad weird indeed. Probably try different cables/ adapters. If you're drivers are up to date, the only problem is the cable/adapter.