Why morning people rule the world (sorry nightcrew)..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Pretty much.

I used to be a miserable morning person. Then I grew up.

Now I just really like getting in to work at 7:00 and out at 3:30. Plenty of time to work out/run errands after work before getting home and working on dinner @ 5:00. Plus the traffic isn't as bad and you've already put in 2/3 of your day by lunch time. It just goes faster.

It is great. When I was working at Best Buy I'd always sign up for the opening shift. Start at 7am, out at 3:30. An hour of your time is spent with no customers preparing the department, and all around there's less customers than compared to the evenings.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Getting up early where I am is stupid. No one is around, and I don't do homework in the morning, and many things are closed/not-open. I usually have to do stuff on a daily basis after classes, can't do much work that goes ahead of the curve if ever.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Mornings rock. Unfortunately I'm sick so I'm up at this ungodly hour. I'm pushing to be able to be at work for 6am, but we're only allowed in at 630 right now. :p

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
In furtherance of my non-morning-person response, I'd rather be on second shift, when there's many fewer people around. I'm *infinitely* more productive when I work non-first-shift. Traffic is lighter, any calls that come in are actually important, much lighter system load, can perform some maintenance outages without notice or waiting, etc. And then, after work, plenty of time to go grocery shopping or etc., when there's nobody else out.

Oh, and I hate the sun, and light in general. I'm so much happier from sundown to sunrise. Sleeping through more than half of daylight would be sooooooo awesome.

I have friends on 2nd shift, I'll admit I'm jealous. :(

jackace

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2004
it's almost as if school starts at 8 am and is biased towards people who perform better at 8 am than 8 pm.

Have to agree with this.

I also read a study about sleeping in the national geographic and it was showing how most teenagers natural sleep schedules are at odds with the early morning school times. They theorized this could be a contributing factor for many teens as to why they do poorly in school.