Why Me??!! Help!!!

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Can you tell me the upside to having no cell phone? I've been without my phone for the past 2 days and I can't take it! Can anyone go without their cell for that long? I sure as hell know I can't. I've always had a cell, since 7th grade! Now I'm 18 and I can't go a day without it. Well anyways...

Thanks for listening to me whine. :)

-Sean

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
not had one for all my life...guess its not too hard if you never got one. i always use my friends but sometimes i wish i had one for convenience sake.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I can't figure out how someone can get so attached to a cell phone. I don't answer my regular phone most of the time because I can't stand the constant interruption (I went three full days last week without answering it or even playing the messages).

I don't want people to be able to get ahold of me; for that reason, I will never have a cell phone.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
since 7th grade? damn, what the hell was the matter w/ u that u needed a cell phone in 7th grade? i didn't get one till i was 19 and then it was only cuz it was cheaper than my pager service....

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

Never own one and it hasn't bother me except when I'm traveling long distance or go for a long hike in the bush by my self.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

reitz,

I don't answer my regular phone most of the time because I can't stand the constant interruption

I understand what you mean. I rarely anwers my land line...I let my machine pick up the mesage 2/3 times while I'm at home.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
I had one (twice) for about 6 months (each). First, my own and hated the huge bill (years ago).Secondly, when I helped run a friend's company and had no phone bill at all. At first, I really liked it - the convenience. Later - in both cases - I began to hate it (always able to be reached) and resented my lack of privacy.

In both cases, I finally started turning it off and going surfing more.

It's been 2 years since I had a cell phone, and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Damn, you guys must not really like phones. But there are people who can't go on long without it, one being me! :)

-Sean

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
If it weren't for my DSL line (and my roommate's strange desire to have phone service) I'd seriously consider disconnecting it. I just can't stand the thing.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
So really what do you use it for that you need it all the time? You're too young to need it for much ;) I have my pager on at all times almost and I use that to screen calls, if you're deemed important enough I'll call you back otherwise I don't. My cell phone is only turned out for outgoing calls!

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Soybomb:

If you really must know. I use it to keep in touch with friends and for info on stuff I might be interested in. I keep it on almost 24/7 when I have it. But I really must start cutting down on it. I'm almost as addicted to that as I am to this forum! ;)

-Sean