Why isn't he in gen pop?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
If there was ever a person, that deserved to be used as a human toilet by the BGF, (Black Guerrilla Family) it would be this asshole. He should spend his last days being bent over and taking it.

But, alas, when you're on death row, you get a cell all to yourself. So you get to bitch and whine about how tough things are. P.S. They had "cause" before you ever hit the block, bitch.

I'm wondering why he isn't dead yet.

Racist mass shooter Dylan Roof says he’s being ‘harassed and abused without cause’ in prison

1582760082287.png

Dylann Roof, the white supremacist who murdered nine African-American church members at a Bible study class inside a Charleston, South Carolina church in 2015, has launched a hunger strike while on federal death row. He’s claiming, in letters to the Associated Press that he’s being “targeted” by prison staff, “verbally harassed and abused without cause,” and “treated disproportionately harsh.”

In a letter dated February 13, Roof, who is now 25, claims that prison staff in the federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana, feel it’s okay to treat him badly because “I am hated by the general public.” One person with knowledge of the matter said Roof had been on a hunger strike but ended it earlier this week, WGN9 reports. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the person wasn’t able to provide details as to how long Roof’s hunger strike lasted or whether a medical intervention was needed.

In his letter to the AP, Roof noted he began the hunger strike to protest the way he was treated by a Bureau of Prisons disciplinary hearings officer. Roof was apparently upset after being prohibited from using the law library to access a copy machine in order to file legal papers. Roof added he was “several days” into the hunger strike and that his protest ended after corrections officers tried to take his blood and forcibly inserted an IV into his arm, causing him to briefly pass out, he wrote.

“I feel confident I could have gone much, much longer without food,” Roof wrote. “It’s just not worth being murdered over.” According to a Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman, the allegations couldn’t immediately be verified. Citing privacy concerns she added that the agency had no comment on the allegations.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Couple of things. The prison staff shouldn't be singling him out. They are there to do a job and part of that is keeping him safe. I had to look after a nazi war criminal once and while he was a dick I still treated him as well as I could.
Second point if your thinking is "theres no point dying" over a hunger strike then theres no point in doing one.

Dec 10, 2005
As long as he is in the custody of the state, he should be treated humanely and kept safe from harm. We, as a society, shouldn't condone the mistreatment of people in our custody, no matter how heinous their crimes. We need not turn ourselves into monsters when we incarcerate them.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Couple of things. The prison staff shouldn't be singling him out. They are there to do a job and part of that is keeping him safe. I had to look after a nazi war criminal once and while he was a dick I still treated him as well as I could.
Second point if your thinking is "theres no point dying" over a hunger strike then theres no point in doing one.

Well, Child molesters aren't too popular there either, but they don't get 5 star service.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Dec 10, 2005
Well, Child molesters aren't too popular there either, but they don't get 5 star service.
I don't think anyone is asking for making prisons a 5-star resort. I think keeping people safe is the bare fucking minimum we should be doing for people we lock up.

This country has a very fucked up view of prison, punishment, and rehabilitation.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I don't think anyone is asking for making prisons a 5-star resort. I think keeping people safe is the bare fucking minimum we should be doing for people we lock up.

This country has a very fucked up view of prison, punishment, and rehabilitation.

If they're going to KILL you, doesn't being dead kind of nullify any potential for rehabilitation?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
So what? He should still be treated humanely. And on a related note, the state shouldn't have license to murder its citizens.

Unfortunately, this isn't a state thing. He's on federal death row, for committing 22 federal hate crimes.

So there's always the possibility that Trump will pardon him.

I say make him pay every way possible before that happens.

Dec 10, 2005
Unfortunately, this isn't a state thing. He's on federal death row, for committing 22 federal hate crimes.

State is not being used like "States" of the United States. It's another way to refer to ruling bodies (ie, the sovereign)

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
State is not being used like "States" of the United States. It's another way to refer to ruling bodies (ie, the sovereign)

If you think he's not looking to Donnie for a pardon, and Trump isn't thinking about it...

You've had too much tequila tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

I have it on good authority that Trump will pardon this person on Trump`s last day in office!!

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11