Why is there so much hate for guns?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Clearly they are opposed to saving lives because they never even mention all the ones saved without using guns. It's there agenda and self evident.

Do you ever read the drivel you post and wonder, "Why am I wasting my time?"

The rest of us do...lol

Yes, we get it, you would give up your rights for a little more perceived security.

BAAAAAAA
sheep+dunedin.jpg

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Do you ever read the drivel you post and wonder, "Why am I wasting my time?"

The rest of us do...lol

Yes, we get it, you would give up your rights for a little more perceived security.

BAAAAAAA
sheep+dunedin.jpg

I could have sworn that what I posted was to show your post was the drivel. And you forgot to mention how many minds I've saved for doing so.

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
Guns are an absolutely vital tool.

That's why all the first world countries that have normal guns laws don't function properly.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Last I saw, Sandy Hook is being discussed by the media from all angles: guns, video games, mental health, school security, parenting behavior, etc. It isn't an exclusive focus on guns and gun control. Yet that discussion is inevitable because there is now gun control legislation being advanced in Congress.

The fact about guns is, they are a much more efficient way to kill lots of people than other options. Just look at the death tolls from wars which occurred during the middle ages and compare to WWI, WWII and other modern wars.

Yes, there are people who have to pull the trigger but we can't pretend that guns aren't a danger because of the high lethality potential compared to other weapons. I'm relatively pro-gun rights, don't support an assault weapons ban, etc. but I think it's an oversimplification to say it's all about the perp and never about the weapon.

The other stuff just builds credibility for their case. They'll have an article on mental health, then 5 on gun control and push for gun control laws. Its so obvious. They literally don't care about any other angle other than regulating guns, otherwise mental health would be in the bill too and not guns.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
You bring up a very good point.

If inner city poverty, drugs and gun violence all go hand in hand, shouldn't society be looking at the factors that drive inner city poverty?

If progressives addressed the real problems it would disintegrate the very core foundations of their entire agenda. No way when they can divert attention to inanimate objects.

aarontpx

Apr 3, 2013
A lot of people hate guns because they are ignorant, plain and simple. They don't know jack squat what they are talking about.

A gun is a tool. Its function is defense, not murder. I carry a gun to protect what I love, because I'll be damned if I stand idly by and let some piece of trash hurt me or my family.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
A lot of people hate guns because they are ignorant, plain and simple. They don't know jack squat what they are talking about.

A gun is a tool. Its function is defense, not murder. I carry a gun to protect what I love, because I'll be damned if I stand idly by and let some piece of trash hurt me or my family.

Exactly. After reading all these left wingers ready to give up their rights for a false sense of security, I can see why the right fucking hates them so much.

I could have sworn that what I posted was to show your post was the drivel. And you forgot to mention how many minds I've saved for doing so.

BAAAAA

Grow a pair, please.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Because people are, and generally have always been, stupid. Wizards first rule.

"Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid." Richard and Kahlan frowned even more. "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
"Because of Wizards First Rule, the old wizards created Confessors, and Seekers, as a means of helping find the truth, when the truth is important enough. Darken Rahl knows the Wizard's Rules. He is using the first one. People need an enemy to feel a sense of purpose. It's easy to lead people when they have a sense of purpose. Sense of purpose is more important by far than the truth. In fact, truth has no bearing in this. Darken Rahl is providing them with an enemy, other than himself, a sense of purpose. People are stupid; they want to believe, so they do."

Wizards are wrong and their own data proves it. If a person will believe anything because of motivation, it's not stupidity that causes belief but motivation. But the real motivations people have are unconscious. So again believing something because you are unconsciously motivated to and have no idea that you are is not stupid but acting our unconscious behavior. Furthermore, the more intelligent a person is the better able they are to do this, and even furthermore than that is the fact that this can't be cured by intellect but only by feeling. You can never think your way to what you feel, you can only feel it and it is exactly the fear of feeling our unconscious motivations that cause them to exist.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
"Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid." Richard and Kahlan frowned even more. "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
"Because of Wizards First Rule, the old wizards created Confessors, and Seekers, as a means of helping find the truth, when the truth is important enough. Darken Rahl knows the Wizard's Rules. He is using the first one. People need an enemy to feel a sense of purpose. It's easy to lead people when they have a sense of purpose. Sense of purpose is more important by far than the truth. In fact, truth has no bearing in this. Darken Rahl is providing them with an enemy, other than himself, a sense of purpose. People are stupid; they want to believe, so they do."

Wizards are wrong and their own data proves it. If a person will believe anything because of motivation, it's not stupidity that causes belief but motivation. But the real motivations people have are unconscious. So again believing something because you are unconsciously motivated to and have no idea that you are is not stupid but acting our unconscious behavior. Furthermore, the more intelligent a person is the better able they are to do this, and even furthermore than that is the fact that this can't be cured by intellect but only by feeling. You can never think your way to what you feel, you can only feel it and it is exactly the fear of feeling our unconscious motivations that cause them to exist.

So why aren't you rich? :awe:

Invent a religion or something! Maybe they can get a sense of purpose out of banging pots and pans and donate you money and you can lulz about it to the bank.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Because facts don't matter, when you're scared to death of something you cannot understand and will not take the time to learn about. Ignorance is bliss, so long as you depend on big government to run your life for you.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Lack of education and experience with the product in question. I was terrified of guns growing up because I had been trained to be terrified of guns; I was told that they would go off if I looked at them and they would kill everything I loved. And then I had some hands-on experience and education about real firearms, how they worked, how to properly handle them, take them apart, put them together, etc. And I realized that guns aren't scary, in and of themselves; it's the people behind the gun who determine its use. But without that education and experience, I'd still be cowering under my bed at the thought of guns and all the terrible things they do to the world.

Oh you don't think that would happen now?:colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnvpTkXfo88

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010

Having no clue who Darken Rahl is, I had to look him up. Anyway, is the actor who played him the same guy who plays the faceless man who helps Arya in Game Of Thrones? Can't remember the characters name, but the actors look very much alike.

Darken_Rahl_by_drkay85.jpg

aarontpx

Apr 3, 2013
Because facts don't matter, when you're scared to death of something you cannot understand and will not take the time to learn about. Ignorance is bliss, so long as you depend on big government to run your life for you.
Agreed.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Lack of education and experience with the product in question. I was terrified of guns growing up because I had been trained to be terrified of guns; I was told that they would go off if I looked at them and they would kill everything I loved. ......

Don't worry, we are almost there. Head tracking in the AH-64 Apache is a good example, the pilot merely looks at the target, and a helmet mounted tracking device points the 30mm cannon at it when the system is engaged. Really neat stuff when you think about it, that whatever you are looking at is merely a trigger depression away from receiving a dose of hell on earth.

And to witness what I refer too, see this video titled "Longest machine gun burst ever!". Note the glee of the soldiers on the ground too. :awesome:

And while watching, consider each round fired costs us $100 a piece, and that you are not seeing every round fired. They usually only load every 5th or 10th round as a tracer round since it fires in burst at 10 rounds a second or something like that, and for cost reasons.

Last edited:

GMC12

Oct 6, 2012
People are concern about what or fear of what guns can do if it get into the wrong hands. Doctors that do ambushing its likE use sing gun to the head of the baby's people concern about gun more then baby beeb killed by dr's they are like guns too.

Apr 27, 2012

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
That is a stupid comparison

19 Muslims out of 1.6 billion Muslims committed an act that really did not involve Islam at all.

Compared to at least 100's of Americans out of 300 million Americans that have gone on shooting rampages

I don't even remember half of these cases happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers:_Americas

Actually 100s would be at least 200. Not 118, of which some don't even involve anyone being killed. Oh and some of your "gun" rampagers only used melee weapons :hmm:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Lack of education and experience with the product in question. I was terrified of guns growing up because I had been trained to be terrified of guns; I was told that they would go off if I looked at them and they would kill everything I loved. And then I had some hands-on experience and education about real firearms, how they worked, how to properly handle them, take them apart, put them together, etc. And I realized that guns aren't scary, in and of themselves; it's the people behind the gun who determine its use. But without that education and experience, I'd still be cowering under my bed at the thought of guns and all the terrible things they do to the world.

Who taught you all these crazy things? What does trained to be terrified mean?