Why is the racism in the Presidential election almost all one sided?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I compiled a small list of the racial attacks against Barak Obama. They are all coming from the GOP. I could include a lot more but you get the point. I only found one from the Dem side and that one is a stretch but I included it.

Common sense tells us there are a lot of people out there who want to assassinate Obama because he could be our first black President. I doubt you will find may wanting to take out McCain because he could be a white President. For those who say racism is a problem on both sides show me examples of black people racially attacking McCain.

Crowd yelling ?terrorist?, ?kill him?

Attacking black reporters

Rush Limbaugh

Obama waffles depicting Barak picture as Aunt Jamima like sporting a turban

another one...

From Bobby May columnist and Bobby May, is also treasurer of the Buchanan County Republicans in Virginia

Another by the ass bag May?

Remember the Tennesee Rebublican Party started this Hussein stuff?

Closest thing to racial attacks from the black side..

None of those links demonstrate that the GOP is behind any of those slurs. Do to the misleading title this thread is considered a troll even if it was unintentional

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
You're right. There is no ageism nor any sexism and hickism against McCain/Palin.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: JS80
You're right. There is no ageism nor any sexism and hickism against McCain/Palin.

awww it's so cute how you dodged the question and turned it to something else! You and Sarah are so alike! You wouldn't happen to be one of her advisers, would you?

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko

awww it's so cute how you dodged the question and turned it to something else! You and Sarah are so alike! You wouldn't happen to be one of her advisers, would you?

Dont you know, its called a duuuhversion.

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
it is more subtle.

You have Wright yelling "god damn america"

you have bussed in blakes chanting "black power" when registering to vote.

you have what looks to be nearly double the black turnout in some areas to vote for Barrack just because he is black. That is just as racist as voting for McCain because Barrack is black.

Fact is, both are wrong and stupid. But you aren't going to see me defending my side.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
The facts are the Republican Party has the monopoly on racism. There is no double standard. The Right contains far more openly racist members than the Left. This is fact.

Let's stop pussyfooting and being PC about this. Conservative America is far more racist than Liberal America.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
The facts are the Republican Party has the monopoly on racism. There is no double standard. The Right contains far more openly racist members than the Left. This is fact.

Let's stop pussyfooting and being PC about this. Conservative America is far more racist than Liberal America.

Well, I'm going to avoid political correctness and remind you that black people can be pretty damn racist too. I'm not too sure how many predominately black neighborhoods you're in regularly, but trust me, it's there. They just don't have as much of a national voice as the white racists.

Now before people start attacking me, I'm not saying all black people are racist or anything like that. Just that there is plenty of racism the other way too - and yes, those people tend to vote blue.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: HomerJS
I compiled a small list of the racial attacks against Barak Obama. They are all coming from the GOP. -snip-

Nothing you've linked comes from the GOP (Repub Party)

This is really just a troll post, IMO

Fern

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Rush Limbaugh's "Barack the Magic Negro" is based on a story from the LA Times.

If Limbaugh is racist for making the parody then wouldn't the LA Times be racist for running the story in the first place?

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Rush Limbaugh's "Barack the Magic Negro" is based on a story from the LA Times.

If Limbaugh is racist for making the parody then wouldn't the LA Times be racist for running the story in the first place?

ooook so you're proposing that there are even more sources racist against Obama?

You, my friend, just struck out.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

... and that's about where this useless, pointless, bait-filled thread comes to an end :thumbsup:

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: HomerJS
I compiled a small list of the racial attacks against Barak Obama. They are all coming from the GOP. I could include a lot more but you get the point. I only found one from the Dem side and that one is a stretch but I included it.

Common sense tells us there are a lot of people out there who want to assassinate Obama because he could be our first black President. I doubt you will find may wanting to take out McCain because he could be a white President. For those who say racism is a problem on both sides show me examples of black people racially attacking McCain.

Crowd yelling ?terrorist?, ?kill him?

Attacking black reporters

Rush Limbaugh

Obama waffles depicting Barak picture as Aunt Jamima like sporting a turban

another one...

From Bobby May columnist and Bobby May, is also treasurer of the Buchanan County Republicans in Virginia

Another by the ass bag May?

Remember the Tennesee Rebublican Party started this Hussein stuff?

Closest thing to racial attacks from the black side..

You may want to get your sources correct. Here's the original "Magic Negro" comment. Limbaugh was commenting on the report, not initiating anything.

LA Times

I won't bother with responding to the rest. It would be a waste of time. Just so you know, it took me all of 45 seconds to find the link. Try using your own mind instead of left wing blog output.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
you guys are crazy, they are supporting this crap passively, you can tell they want to win votes, even if its simply through hatred..just as palin dropped the bullshit comment about him "paling around with terrorists"