Why is the GOP all giddy an ambassador was killed?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Unless you have a magical way of reading his mind, you have absolutely no way to know what he's smiling about. For all you know it's just his standard politician fake smile that they all have. Finding a frame of him with a silly smirk on his face =/= proof that he is "giddy" about someone getting murdered by terrorists. Feel free to assume whatever you want and make illogical leaps of faith though.

I like how Biden smirking at a debate is a capital offense, but it's okay to smirk when you're trying to score cheap political points off a deadly embassy attack.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
When 3,000 Americans are killed on American soil on 9/11 no one could have seen it coming. But when 4 Americans are killed in an unstable foreign country on 9/11 it's a massive failure.

I like how Biden smirking at a debate is a capital offense, but it's okay to smirk when you're trying to score cheap political points off a deadly embassy attack.

Nice

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
hmmm...after some additional research, it seems that the timing of the Cairo office communication was before the death. So, with that, I back off my stance.

I will add, but not argue against you, that as much as Romney may have played a political card, Hillary's statements should have left out the issue of religious tolerance. It would have been much better for her to just say "the attach was unjustified under any reason".

Right, one should never use truthful speech to counter insane speech because that denies free speech as an American principle.

If your sole motivation is to find fault in other people you will invent them if you can't find them.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
That's some pretty strong denial you have going there.
Mitt-Romney-smirking-as-h-008.jpg
Good lord you're a hack.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Anyone remember when GW Bush said he didnt give a shit where Osama was and made a joke about him under his chair?

Hardee har har!

Righties are so damn self-amused when others die that benefit them.

If Obamacare started offering penis enlargements to republicans maybe they could join the rest of humanity and get off the victim/moral crusading drama queen trip I would vote for the prez in a heartbeat.

Change that makes a difference.

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I would think that we were Americans first. What is the GOP trying to achieve out of this tragedy other then gain cheap political points?

You sir are low . Show were GOP is Giddy . over this . The white house said that it was over american movie . Which coming from a muslim president makes sense but turns out to be another obbummer lie JJust like claiming he is christian . When asked the in a interview he said he was muslim quickly relized he screwed up and said he was christian . Why would he say Muslim ever . Because that what he is. 99% of all shrinks would agree he slipped and fail . Than they lied about being asked for more support and was denied. How is that Giddy

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
You sir are low . Show were GOP is Giddy . over this . The white house said that it was over american movie . Which coming from a muslim president makes sense but turns out to be another obbummer lie JJust like claiming he is christian . When asked the in a interview he said he was muslim quickly relized he screwed up and said he was christian . Why would he say Muslim ever . Because that what he is. 99% of all shrinks would agree he slipped and fail . Than they lied about being asked for more support and was denied. How is that Giddy

I was going to respond to the low comment. But your post responds to itself.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
When 3,000 Americans are killed on American soil on 9/11 no one could have seen it coming. But when 4 Americans are killed in an unstable foreign country on 9/11 it's a massive failure.
Well, YEAH!

Nothing like 9/11 had ever happened before. No one expected it. No one. On the other hand, American officials getting murdered by Islamists in nations like Libya is to be expected - which is why we typically provide them with crack security teams. This is why Team Obama spent a week pushing the absurd notion that this was a spontaneous uprising over an Internet video rather than a coordinated attack celebrating the 9/11 attack. (Hint: Spontaneous uprising tend to lack coordinating machine gun and mortar covering fire.) This was a massive failure to cover a totally predictable danger, and the White House knows it. To what extent this was a State internal decision and to what extent (if any) a White House decision is purely speculative at this point. I tend to blame State - at least up until Obama declares all of State his personal lawyer on this too.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
because the answer was given in Romney's 47% secret video where he talks about taking advantage of a situation like the Iran Hostage Crisis during the Carter Administration.

"I mean, if something of that nature presents itself I will work to find a way to take advantage of the opportunity."

Romney when he thinks no one is listening except his high money donors, will say what he really thinks. He will take advantage of a foreign crisis situation for political gain. He is a vile, cynical politician.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
You know damn well that Romney had no idea what had actually happened at the time of that conference. Doubling down on your denial.

IIRC, there were former intelligence official that night on TV saying they'd heard through channels that it was clearly a terrorist attack.

We now know that to be true. We also now that the Bengazi embassy was on the phone to US officials describing the attack as it happened.

I.e., the US knew immediately that it was a terrorist attack.

If I can get that info from former intel officials on TV that night, I'm going to bet Romney had even better info.

So, yeah, it looks like he knew exactly what he was talking about.

Fern

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
The recent attack certainly was more predictable and preventable than 9/11, due to the era we are in now. That said, this:

Nothing like 9/11 had ever happened before. No one expected it. No one.

... is pure bullshit.

There were reports and concerns, the threat of using airplanes in that manner was known, and it was all ignored. If a Democrat had been in the White House, people like you would have been screaming for him to be impeached before the dust had even settled on Manhattan.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The recent attack certainly was more predictable and preventable than 9/11, due to the era we are in now. That said, this:

... is pure bullshit.

There were reports and concerns, the threat of using airplanes in that manner was known, and it was all ignored. If a Democrat had been in the White House, people like you would have been screaming for him to be impeached before the dust had even settled on Manhattan.

Exactly and not only that, impeaching a Democrat would have been as ludicrous as impeaching Bush. Nobody can convince me that Bush would have let all those people die if he could have prevented it, and please don't let me live long enough to find out otherwise. What happened in the past happened exactly as it had to. Nobody can say they would have acted any differently than Bush or know for sure they would have acted differently. Nobody knows what they would have done in another's shoes. Hindsight only is 20 20.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Exactly and not only that, impeaching a Democrat would have been as ludicrous as impeaching Bush. Nobody can convince me that Bush would have let all those people die if he could have prevented it, and please don't let me live long enough to find out otherwise. What happened in the past happened exactly as it had to. Nobody can say they would have acted any differently than Bush or know for sure they would have acted differently. Nobody knows what they would have done in another's shoes. Hindsight only is 20 20.
Careful, you're going to get thrown out of the foaming moonbat club if you get caught advocating not impeaching Bush. And Charles will miss you at the meetings.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

... is pure bullshit.

Oh really . How did the planes get threw to start with , The second plane should have never ever gotten threw ,, The pentigon one should have never got threw . Americans should get a tax rebate check for the failure of the system when it cost trillions to be put in place . My tax dollars flushed down the tubes. I mean russia should have been able to take us out easyily in 1959 . But didn't happen . But these planes made it LOL. Add all the odd happenings that day . Like the BBC reporting tower 7 went down befor it went down . No wreakage at 2 sites . Ya it happened as they said . A few special ed types might believe that story

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Would you like the video when Bush was told about the attack . Would ya . Or don't you want to view it again, Your slip is showing

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
That is all. Cheap political points. Just like 9-11.

And despite all that Bush got reelected but to his credit... he did start a war after 9-11 before the elections which distanced himself from the actual events. Bush is no more culpable for 9-11 than Obama is for the ambassador's death. Maybe Obama better hurry up and invade Iran before the elections though...

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
IIRC, there were former intelligence official that night on TV saying they'd heard through channels that it was clearly a terrorist attack.

We now know that to be true. We also now that the Bengazi embassy was on the phone to US officials describing the attack as it happened.

I.e., the US knew immediately that it was a terrorist attack.

If I can get that info from former intel officials on TV that night, I'm going to bet Romney had even better info.

So, yeah, it looks like he knew exactly what he was talking about.

Fern

The problem with Romney's response wasn't his characterization of the attack (you could certainly argue that attacking a consulate with heavy weapons is a terrorist attack no matter what). It's that he INSTANTLY jumped all over Obama in an embarrassingly partisan display without having any information at all to base his attacks on other than "Obama is President", "The consulate was attacked", "Obama is my political opponent".

And the debate has never, as far as I know, been about the nature of the attack so much as the cause of the attack and the environment surrounding it. In other words, it was clearly a terrorist action (I think Obama even said so the very next day), the question was whether it was motivated by the video and/or stemming from protests in other places or local protests.

Bottom line, the problem wasn't Romney calling it a terrorist attack (which seems reasonable), the problem was attacking Obama before he had a reason to do so outside of blatantly obvious political ones.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Biden seemed to be the only one "giddy" about what happened in Libya by laughing throughout that portion of the debate.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Careful, you're going to get thrown out of the foaming moonbat club if you get caught advocating not impeaching Bush. And Charles will miss you at the meetings.

How lame. And predictable. CK nailed it -- and you -- so naturally you ignore him and go for the brainless cheap shot. /golfclap

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
How lame. And predictable. CK nailed it -- and you -- so naturally you ignore him and go for the brainless cheap shot. /golfclap

There is the reality that Republican madness is dangerous to the world. He lives in and powerfully defends an altered reality because he can't allow himself to be he has insufficient real self respect to handle the damage that real facts would do to his ego. Nobody wants to admit their mental delusions are dangerous to the world. We all want to think we are good. He just lacks a deep passion for truth no matter what it is. He does not know he can lose everything he believes is sacred and survive because he hasn't done it and fears without proper trust. He isn't a seeker, he's a believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.