Why is Paul Ryan praised as some kind of fiscal budget expert?

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Every single independent analysis I've seen of his proposed budgets have all come to the same conclusion, that none of it is at all feasible.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/121xx/doc12128/04-05-ryan_letter.pdf

Not even the CBO has a clue how Ryan would implement anything in his budget. Their basic conclusion at the end of the report was essentially, WTF?

So I ask, is this really the best Conservative America has to offer? It's fucking delusional that we even bother to have discourse with these morons. They literally are too stupid to govern this country anymore.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Yeah, we should just plan to continue to spend into oblivion, that's worked out so well for us.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
"CBO has not reviewed legislative language for your proposal, so this analysis does not
represent a cost estimate for legislation that might implement the proposal"

Sigh.....

Dec 10, 2005
Yeah, we should just plan to continue to spend into oblivion, that's worked out so well for us.

The car heading for a collision with a wall doesn't necessarily mean we need to make a hard turn and drive off a cliff instead.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Every single independent analysis I've seen of his proposed budgets have all come to the same conclusion, that none of it is at all feasible.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/121xx/doc12128/04-05-ryan_letter.pdf

Not even the CBO has a clue how Ryan would implement anything in his budget. Their basic conclusion at the end of the report was essentially, WTF?

So I ask, is this really the best Conservative America has to offer? It's fucking delusional that we even bother to have discourse with these morons. They literally are too stupid to govern this country anymore.

In answer to your topic question:

Because he's the chair of the House Budget Committee. Ya know. Might have something to do with it.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Nobody has answered my post yet.

I don't care what his TITLE is. Look at what he's proposing. It's fucking fantasy land voodoo economics that Conservatives have always been known for. Ridiculous.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
his ideas are terrible, but at least he's got them.

I'd rather see the candidates discussing entitlement reforms than where Obama was born and the color of Romney's funny underwear.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
"CBO has not reviewed legislative language for your proposal, so this analysis does not
represent a cost estimate for legislation that might implement the proposal"

Sigh.....

Shhh....truth causes an unpleasant ringing in his ears.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Nobody has answered my post yet.

I don't care what his TITLE is. Look at what he's proposing. It's fucking fantasy land voodoo economics that Conservatives have always been known for. Ridiculous.

As I understand it, his proposal works thusly.

The Romney-Ryan proposal would let senior citizens choose a coverage plan provided either by the federal government or by a private company. The government would defray the cost of purchasing the plan selected. The providers would submit bids showing the premiums they would charge to cover the benefits Medicare has traditionally offered. The second-lowest bid would set the amount the government would provide for each beneficiary.

Seniors who picked the second-cheapest provider would have their entire premium paid by the government, and seniors who picked the cheapest would get a check for the difference. Seniors who picked a more expensive plan would have to pay the difference out of pocket.

A study has just shown that applying the second-cheapest-bidder approach to even the much less robust form of competition in Medicare Advantage would have resulted in a 9 percent reduction in Medicare costs in one year alone.

What's the problem?

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
As I understand it, his proposal works thusly.

What's the problem?

The problem is that he claims it will remain revenue neutral, yet has shown no details as to how he will ever accomplish this.

Major tax cuts for the wealthy that simply aren't paid for. This is Bush voodoo economics 2.0 all over again.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
The problem is that he claims it will remain revenue neutral, yet has shown no details as to how he will ever accomplish this.

Major tax cuts for the wealthy that simply aren't paid for. This is Bush voodoo economics 2.0 all over again.

Part of the bill included a cap that is supposed to restrain medicare growth to 0.5% of GDP, which is the same thing Obama had in his budget.

Dman8777

Mar 28, 2011
ROFL, the private sector has done such a bang-up job with health care already, let's give em the rest of the market!

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

It actually has, see we're still here. The world is in one piece, and stimulus spending is driving our economy. If we don't spend the world will end. Do you want the world to end?

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Part of the bill included a cap that is supposed to restrain medicare growth to 0.5% of GDP, which is the same thing Obama had in his budget.

And guess what? That doesn't cover the tax cuts he's proposing.

It's because of voters like yourself, who are too stupid to probe into issues, that country is left with two turds to choose from upon election today.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
ROFL, the private sector has done such a bang-up job with health care already, let's give em the rest of the market!

Exactly. The one industry that should be completely out of the hands of the private sector is health care.

The private sector is motivated by pure greed. Plain and simple. Nothing could be worse for America.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
And guess what? That doesn't cover the tax cuts he's proposing.

It's because of voters like yourself, who are too stupid to probe into issues, that country is left with two turds to choose from upon election today.

Was Obama's budget revenue neutral? Your guy runs trillion dollar deficits each year, and suddenly we are complaining that Ryan's budget isn't sufficiently revenue-neutral?

Last edited:

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Exactly. The one industry that should be completely out of the hands of the private sector is health care.

The private sector is motivated by pure greed. Plain and simple. Nothing could be worse for America.

You should stop working. Your paycheck is nothing more than you being greedy.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Yes, and that's the sole reason why he's an "expert."

It's pretty pathetic. I can see why the Democrats don't even bother debating with these people, they are simply too stupid to govern. The sooner we can eradicate them from political debate the better.

Thankfully they are doing a bangup job already. The GOP is slowly deteriorating into the party of racist white Southerners. That is not enough to win a national election.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Was Obama's budget revenue neutral? Your guy runs trillion dollar deficits each year, and suddenly we are complaining that Ryan's budget isn't sufficiently revenue-neutral?

It wasn't "our guy" who put the deficits in place. It was Bush. Every time Obama tried to ratchet back Bush's fuckups the Reps threw a huge fit (tax cuts, wars...etc). In fact, Obama has had some of the smallest budget increases of any president in modern history.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/obama-romney-deficit-debt-chart.php

Then Ryan's budget doesn't do fuck-all to fix it. In fact, he MAKES IT WORSE. You can see that the single biggest part of the deficit was the Bush tax cuts, yet, somehow, cutting taxes will magically result in huge tax gains (when they didn't under Bush) and massive economic recovery (when they didn't under Bush or Reagan). Face it, Ryan is a fucking joke and the only reason why you guys are defending him is because you're either mathematically challenged or fucking deranged.

Last edited:

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
Because he worships Ayn Rand, whose "philosophy" justifies being a greedy, selfish, sociopathic piece of shit. The modern Republican party, in other words.