Why is our Commander-In-Chief on vacation during this time of WAR?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

joepa99

Nov 27, 2002
There was no need for Clinton to go on vacation; he had everything he wanted in DC: White House interns, lots of liberals, and more White House interns...

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: joepa99
There was no need for Clinton to go on vacation; he had everything he wanted in DC: White House interns, lots of liberals, and more White House interns...

joepa99

Living in the past because you can't excuse the present?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Maybe Texas needs Bush' commander in chief skills to defend themselves from Oklahoma. Who better to do that than the man who has experience doing that during VietNam?

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
In principle his vaction is a bad thing, he gives off the image of being apathetic about his job by taking so much vacation (to some anyway).

The reality is that communication technology has the potential to keep him up to the minute on what's going on in washington, so realistically he could be anywhere in the country and be just as [in]effective (either way you want to think about it) a president. For those reasons, I don't think it's really all that bad. Plus, I don't remember anything in the constitution that says that the president MUST remain in washington for his whole term.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: jahawkin
more FYI:
link
A CBS News tally shows that Clinton has spent 152 days on holiday over his two terms.
This article is from '99, so there may be a few more vacation days to add to Clinton's total, but as of now, Bush has spent more days on vacation than Clinton did in 8 years.

Ja, I read someplace Bush has only given 9 oppertunities for reporters to ask him questions during his term.. while his Dad gave 88 at the same time during his term and clinton 130 some.

The man is scared of the press and downright contemtuous and hostile twards it.:disgust:

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

The rock bands have groupies, the Congress have pages and the White House has interns...

Ain't life great...

Now if going to war as an alternative is ok... well I prefer Bush shake a few..

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Vadatajs
In principle his vaction is a bad thing, he gives off the image of being apathetic about his job by taking so much vacation (to some anyway).

The reality is that communication technology has the potential to keep him up to the minute on what's going on in washington, so realistically he could be anywhere in the country and be just as [in]effective (either way you want to think about it) a president. For those reasons, I don't think it's really all that bad. Plus, I don't remember anything in the constitution that says that the president MUST remain in washington for his whole term.

It's quite ordinary for the President to go on vacation and Bush is quite ordinary... very ordinary, actually.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo
Originally posted by: jahawkin
more FYI:
link
A CBS News tally shows that Clinton has spent 152 days on holiday over his two terms.
This article is from '99, so there may be a few more vacation days to add to Clinton's total, but as of now, Bush has spent more days on vacation than Clinton did in 8 years.

Ja, I read someplace Bush has only given 9 oppertunities for reporters to ask him questions during his term.. while his Dad gave 88 at the same time during his term and clinton 130 some.

The man is scared of the press and downright contemtuous and hostile twards it.:disgust:

It would be stupid for him to go that route. He'd be hit with all sorts of "Oh.. come on now, Mr. President do you expect the American people to believe that?"

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't see what the big deal is. A regular old puppet would just sit in a box till next time Rove stuck his hand up his ass anyway.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I remember reading an article in some magazine that said Bush eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, plays computer games
Probably plays a mean game of Command and Conquer.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN

joepa99

Living in the past because you can't excuse the present?

Now that is just bullsh!t. He was commenting on the prior post bragging that Clinton had only vacationed 152 days and now you are accusing him of bringing the past up. Typical radical Clintonite Liberal digging on anyone for any reason, the pot calling the kettle black!