Why is firefox's greasemonkey so slow

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Text

Sometimes it will freeze up firefox completely while loading the greasemonkey script(s) you have. This just when first starting firefox and having only 15 tabs. It will not crash firefox but for like 45 seconds + you can not do anything in firefox until the greasemonkey script is done.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
The reason it's so slow is you. No one else in the entire world is having the problems you are reporting. No one.

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
Which reminds me: I have greasemonkey installed, but I never had the time to study the language and write a script.
I want to turn off that annoying resizing at a special color tube (disable javascript on just that particular site).
That is all, thank you.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: theflyingpig
The reason it's so slow is you. No one else in the entire world is having the problems you are reporting. No one.

Actually I have proof that firefox's greasemonkey is slow for someone else as well.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Originally posted by: pcslookout
Originally posted by: theflyingpig

Actually I have proof that firefox's greasemonkey is slow for someone else as well.

Oh.

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
Originally posted by: pcslookout
I am going skiing for a month while you just sit so I will enjoy it.

Goggle has you offered for a job?
or am I confusing you with someone else again?