Why is eVGA prefered over BFG 8800gts cards?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bradtechonline

Jul 20, 2006
I think most people buy EVGA because they are the best quality card for the lowest price. Biostar price, with good service. For instance the 8800 320 EVGA is 289.99 on newegg, if you register at their site you get Quakewars which will be a 50 dollar game. BFG is 329.99 with 20.00 mail in rebate. The 30-40 bucks you save can go towards more memory, or a better CPU. I do think BFG's warranty sounds better with the no questions asked lifetime warranty. I personally prefer BFG, but I can see why people go with EVGA they are cheaper, and good quality IMO. Friend of mine got burned on the rebate by BFG, which kind of let me down because I recommended them.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Spikesoldier
i like bfg because when i RMA something it stays in the country, and no BS when they say lifetime warranty.

watch out for PNY who also offers a lifetime warranty but its defined as the "card's lifetime" which is usually 6 months to a year. you can kiss your warranty goodbye when the next generation comes out.

you can bet my next card is going to be a BFG.

Actually, the XLR8 PNY 8800GTX I have is 1year or 3years with registration.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I had a BFG 6800nu overclocked card. It died on me, after fighting with their customer service people they let me send it i for a replacement. The replacement I got was dead on arrival. I fight and fight with their customer service people (they loved to tell me it was a driver) and then gave up since I was putting together a new system anyway (agp to PCIe). So, my one and only experience with BFG wasn't good. I loved my eVGA 6800GS overclock card. Worked flawlessly for me.