Why I'm voting for Obama

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: piasabird
Obama has never run anything. He has never had to set up and keep a budget for a town, a city, a state, and much more important the Federal Government. What makes you think he is capable? His solution will be more taxes.

What has McCain ran?
-snip-

You're right, neither of them has really ran anything.

This is why we usually elect a governor. It's been a long time since we elected a Senator, we'll see how that goes.

Fern

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..your obama says your paying too much for everything except gasoline.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
I can't bring myself to vote for McCain. I think if Obama sticks with his agenda throughout his presidency, we aren't going to see big government increases like the republicans want us to think. In fact, I gaurantee you that Obama won't increase healthcare spending as much as Bush did. On the issue of gun control, just take a look at the facts. Obama believes in leaving gun issues at the state and local level, so the Republicans have no need to worry about that. Will Obama raise taxes? Yes, but how else can we get this deficit payed off? It's inevitable.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: IGBT
..your obama says your paying too much for everything except gasoline.
Careful, you might cause our brains to explode from such insight. BTW, it's you're not your. L2G.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Obsoleet
That's simply not true. Obama supports spending money here, to develop our own nation.
McCain wants to spend money there, to develop other nations for illegal occupations and a global empire. Big difference. They are both tax n spend liberals, but Obama is less so.

If you don't count borrowing huge amounts of money from foreign nations to continue our global empire as "expenses" then tell that to the unborn who will reap the devastated economy we're putting into motion. Obama is less in favor of nation building and interventionism. He's more for nation building here in the USA. Our bridges are falling down, our fields and cities are flooded and our children are off dying to protect private mideast interests.

You can't cut taxes without cutting spending, and at least Obama supports cutting taxes for the true strength of America (the middle class).
Bill Clinton != Barack Obama. And I'll take Barack's promise of a middle class tax cut over McCain's outright opposition to a middle class tax cut.

Regardless of the financial issue, we will be less safe under a McCain presidency and more Americans will be killed and maimed. Not to mention all the civilians that will lose their lives facing our liberation's.

So basically you're middle class and are basing your vote on who is going to "tax" you less. Obama might not tax your paycheck more directly, but when taxes on everythign else go up, like corporate taxes and gas taxes, ect, you're going to end up paying more. You can't keep cutting taxes and spending more. It won't work forever. Obama has his universal healthcare proposal, and where do you think it's going to get paid from?
And if you claim to be a libertarian and care about or liberties, then you absolutely can not vote for Obama as he would prefer the bill of rights read, 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, ect.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The OP is voting for Obama because he understands that TRUE libertarians are not part of the George Wallace fan club. That crowd just flocks to the libertarian banner whenever the establishment party screws them over.

And really, 2nd amendment fears from pro-establishment conservatives are fscking nonsense. You blowhards would never pick up your guns to overthrow the government no matter what happened. And don't worry, Obama is not going to take them away anyhow.

You can't keep cutting taxes and spending more. It won't work forever.
Tell that to Bush and McCain.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
So basically you're middle class and are basing your vote on who is going to "tax" you less. Obama might not tax your paycheck more directly, but when taxes on everythign else go up, like corporate taxes and gas taxes, ect, you're going to end up paying more. You can't keep cutting taxes and spending more. It won't work forever. Obama has his universal healthcare proposal, and where do you think it's going to get paid from?
And if you claim to be a libertarian and care about or liberties, then you absolutely can not vote for Obama as he would prefer the bill of rights read, 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, ect.

Eh...not quite. In fact, not at all. It's not centralized. Also, it doesn't force anyone to buy into it. The government will simply provide financial assistance to those eligible. Don't get me wrong, I don't support this at all, I'm just pointing out the fact that it's not really universal healthcare nor is healthcare spending going to be any more than it was under Republican leadership.

As for Bob Barr, this guy was a huge advocate for the war on drugs. He blocked the legalization of medical marijuana and prohibited future laws from lessening the penalties for marijuana-related crimes. Now, he claims to have reversed his position. Same with the Patriot Act. He voted for it, now he openly admits he made a mistake. Then he supported the Defense of Marriage Act, and then just only very very recently did he apologize again. What's up with this guy?

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

Eh...not quite. In fact, not at all. It's not centralized. Also, it doesn't force anyone to buy into it. The government will simply provide financial assistance to those eligible. Don't get me wrong, I don't support this at all, I'm just pointing out the fact that it's not really universal healthcare nor is healthcare spending going to be any more than it was under Republican leadership.

As for Bob Barr, this guy was a huge advocate for the war on drugs. He blocked the legalization of medical marijuana and prohibited future laws from lessening the penalties for marijuana-related crimes. Now, he claims to have reversed his position. Same with the Patriot Act. He voted for it, now he openly admits he made a mistake. Then he supported the Defense of Marriage Act, and then just only very very recently did he apologize again. What's up with this guy?

Whats up with him? Well, he's not a true liberterian. I remember watching the Libertarian Part nomination convention on C-SPAN. One of the candidates warned against the neo-cons taking over the party. Too late.

And really, 2nd amendment fears from pro-establishment conservatives are fscking nonsense. You blowhards would never pick up your guns to overthrow the government no matter what happened.

Excellent point. When I think about those folks (the pro-establishment conservatives) I realize they are just as likely to attempt an overthrow the government as pacifist hippies in San Francisco. Maybe even less so. :D

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Citrix
Obama preaches CHANGE!!!. well thats all we will have in our pockets if he gets elected, change.

..and only if he tosses a few coins in your tin cup. liberals like to use taxes as punishment. And make no doubt about it they mean to punish.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: IGBT
Originally posted by: Citrix
Obama preaches CHANGE!!!. well thats all we will have in our pockets if he gets elected, change.

..and only if he tosses a few coins in your tin cup. liberals like to use taxes as punishment. And make no doubt about it they mean to punish.

Do you realize how dumb the 'liberal' caricature that you continually parade around is?