Why I <expletive> LOVE dentists

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
I am absolutely pissed right now and cannot <expletive> stand dentists. Why you ask?

How about the fact every fucking time I go I always get some sort of bad news or something goes completely <expletive> wrong.

6 months ago I had my first teeth cleaning in about 2 years; yes some of you probably say deserve this, but I wasn't having any problems with my teeth and from my father having a lot of dental work done; the bills piled up and will it finally got caught up on so I decided I should go.

So, I went and well, nothing was wrong; few x-ray's and some clean teeth showed I didn't have any cavities or anything else I should be worried about. Oh, how I wish that was the case...

3 day's later, I'm sitting in my room just watching TV when for some reason I started licking my top-left wisdom tooth (unprovoked.) and I felt something a little awkward; a cracked tooth. Sure enough, I stick my finger and scrape the tooth, sure enough I feel a crack and make a dentist appointment. Dammit how I hate it when I am correct; let's get a few x-rays, sorry but you do have a cracked tooth; lets get the numbed and pull it. Well fuck; no big deal it's just my wisdom tooth.

3 month's later, I go back for another cleaning; dammit I must of hit the jackpot cause now I got 3 cavities out of nowhere. Okay fine, let's make an appointment and get a few of these taken care of.

3 Weeks ago, I get 2 of them filled sames they were right next to each other. Let's make an appointment to get the last one patched up.

1 Week after I get the 2 of them filled, I am still in an unusual amount of pain; I figured, with my appointment coming up I'll just take some pain killers and deal with it.

This Wednesday, I go and get my other cavity filled and complain to them about the previous pain on the teeth they worked on last. Take some X-ray's and I get to see the other dentist (it's a two man operation) because the other injured himself. So this quack decides to ignore the x-rays; grab a drill and just file down my teeth a bit in cause I was some how I was causing the pain (unlikely based on the description I explained.) They told me to wait a few day's and they won't charge me for any work done on this occasion.

It's Thursday night, Pain is still there but not as bad as I haven't taken any pain killers but It still doesn't feel right. So I decided to start licking my teeth again and once again I now feel a crack on my tooth again. Fucking great, another cracked tooth; ffs. I don't want to have to have another tooth pulled but I want this fucking pain to go away so I am once again gonna make another appointment for Saturday. This is fucking stupid.

/rant.

Update
Weee.... just got back from dentist, I am now much happier; turns out the tooth didn't crack but what happened was part of my tooth chipped off ever so slightly causing me pain. So, it's now it's filled in and I feel better. :D

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Originally posted by: tasmanian
How the hell are you cracking so many teeth. Also go to a real dentist.

It's what I want to fucking know; the tooth that is cracked now just had work done to it (it is one of the 3 teeth that was just filled) so it is possible he caused it to crack.

The other one (wisdom tooth) cracked out of nowhere but wasn't causing me any bit of pain; just a minor annoyance cause I could feel the crack.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
So... how long before you go to a different Dentist? Not all Dentists are good Dentists... obviously. I've worked with a few quackpots unfortunately. :(

LilPima

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2008
Originally posted by: Evadman
Drink more milk or something.

He may be onto something. My brother, never having had a cavity in his life got 8 in 6 months- calcium deficiency. All is fine now but maybe it's something to look into.

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
they sound like quacks with drills....id go find a new dentist before you are wearing dentures

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
You think that dentists are so different from me and you? They came to this country just like everybody else, in search of a dream.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Farang
You think that dentists are so different from me and you? They came to this country just like everybody else, in search of a dream.

Are you saying he's an anti-dentite?

Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
you're a rabid anti-dentite, jerry!!!

NEWMAN!

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Evadman
Drink more milk or something.

Now, I'll admit I haven't been drinking a whole lot of milk lately; but I used to drink about 1/2 gallon of milk a every day for about 6 years or so. I've been at a steady decline though for the past year or so due to my laziness when I get home from work.

On the other side of things; I do use a fluoride based mouthwash (Listerine Smart Rinse; aka Act for Kids before they were bought out.)

Originally posted by: moshquerade
So... how long before you go to a different Dentist? Not all Dentists are good Dentists... obviously. I've worked with a few quackpots unfortunately. :(

I've had worse dentists; it's why I don't really want to switch even if they are fucking up.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Originally posted by: moshquerade

Oh so you are a tooth cleaner lady -- I asked in some thread but I forgot what thread and I never got to see the answer

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Quiksilver
How about the fact every fucking time I go I always get some sort of bad news or something goes completely <expletive> wrong.

:confused: Great consistency in your language filtering, haha.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Sounds like the dentist sucks but it also seems like you're doing something thats aggravating your dental health

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I am displeased with them also.
Every time I go to a new one they say the last guy did rotten work and I'm going to needs tons of new work.

This last episode cost me about six tousand dollars. 4 crowns and a couple fillings and a root canal.
All because the previous guy did shitty work.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: JohnCU
sorry dude, find another dentist

seriously, your dentists suck. ive had 2 in my life and dont have the first complaint about either one.

ASK THE COMMUNITY