Why I can't have Shift 2 Unleashed removed from my firewall exceptions?

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
I want to block this game from connecting to Autolog/Online because it causes crashing (even in single player....) the main suggestion on Steam and NoGripRacing is to block it from connecting online. I can confirm it works because when I disable my network adapter the game works fine in single player. But rather than disconnect every time I want to play this game I would rather have it blocked with the Firewall. So I try to remove it from my exceptions list but the option for this game (and ONLY this game as far as I can tell) is greyed out -

2mdqcxv.png

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
I want to block this game from connecting to Autolog/Online because it causes crashing (even in single player....) the main suggestion on Steam and NoGripRacing is to block it from connecting online. I can confirm it works because when I disable my network adapter the game works fine in single player. But rather than disconnect every time I want to play this game I would rather have it blocked with the Firewall. So I try to remove it from my exceptions list but the option for this game (and ONLY this game as far as I can tell) is greyed out -
Settings -> Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> Outbound Rules -> New Rule, then find the game's .exe and create a new block rule? Also look in Inbound rules and delete the game's auto-added exception.