Why has the FBI not gone after "Mr. Nuclear" more aggressively?

xenolith

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2000
This guy scares the hell out of me and he's not even on the FBI's top ten most wanted terrorist list. We've known about this Al-Qaeda operative since the capture and interrogation of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed (the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks) in the spring of 2003. KSM has said, "Shukrijumah will be the next Mohammed Atta" (alleged leader of the 19 terrorists hijackers in the 911 attacks.)

Story you won't see in the mainstream media.

Dubai, 12 Sept. (AKI) - Osama bin Laden is planning to carry out new, more destructive attacks inside the United States, and there is someone working on this terror plot currently in the US, according to Hamid Mir, the famed Pakistani journalist who obtained the only post-9/11 interviews with Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri. In an interview quoted on the website of the al-Arabiya television network, Mir spoke about his last trip to Afghanistan and his meeting with al-Qaeda members and Taliban leaders.

In his interview with Al.Arabiya.net, Mir said that the al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters referred to attacks targeting the US-led coalition forces during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan which begins on 24 September, and that the al-Qaeda leader, Osama bin Laden was in "good" health during a meeting he had recently with the Taliban leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar.

Mir also said that bin Laden has assigned a man named Adnan Al-Shukri Juma to carry out a new attack within the US which is intended to be larger than the 11 September, 2001 attacks. According to Mir, Adnan Jumaa has smuggled explosives and nuclear materials into the US through the Mexican border over the last two years and is hiding somewhere in America where the FBI has not been able to locate him.

If I were a US government official, I would'n't sleep until I made sure his wanted poster was plastered on every corner of every public building and he's apprehended.

Shukrijumah's FBI Most Wanted page.

Why have we not heard more of Shukrijumah? Are we waiting until he attacks to learn of him? Please, with all due respect President Bush, why?

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
I hope to God you're wrong. However it's not unlikely that this could occur. The government seems to have is thumb shoved somewhere where the sun don't shine.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
It's just a matter of time...maybe that will wake America up? Ultimatly I think we will lose to a more determined and crafty enemy because of our refusal to even idenify the threat, combat it correctly and demographic conquest of the west. Islam is growing like locusts accross the globe what makes you think America will be any different than what's going on in Malyasia or even Britain?

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Zebo
It's just a matter of time...maybe that will wake America up? Ultimatly I think we will lose to a more determined and crafty enemy because of our refusal to even idenify the threat, combat it correctly and demographic conquest of the west. Islam is growing like locusts accross the globe what makes you think America will be any different than what's going on in Malyasia or even Britain?

Well what do you propose? I'm all for doing everything we can to stop these people but currently we are losing and losing badly. Most of our resources are tied up in Iraq, and all partisan garbage aside, it's going to be a puppet of Iran, there's no doubt in my mind about that now.

I think we need to have more Special Forces guys in Pakistan and we really shouldn't care what Musharref(sp?) says, OBL is there and we need to get him. Sending in a lot of ground forces isn't going to win this war, we need to locate where these people are and drop bombs on their head. That's what we should have done with Zarqawi before we invaded, Saddam couldn't do anything to stop us. Clinton should have bombed OBL when he had the chance, who cares if some UAE prince was with him? That's the price you pay for hanging out with sworn enemies of the USA.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: ayabe
Well what do you propose? I'm all for doing everything we can to stop these people but currently we are losing and losing badly. Most of our resources are tied up in Iraq, and all partisan garbage aside, it's going to be a puppet of Iran, there's no doubt in my mind about that now.

I think we need to have more Special Forces guys in Pakistan and we really shouldn't care what Musharref(sp?) says, OBL is there and we need to get him. Sending in a lot of ground forces isn't going to win this war, we need to locate where these people are and drop bombs on their head. That's what we should have done with Zarqawi before we invaded, Saddam couldn't do anything to stop us. Clinton should have bombed OBL when he had the chance, who cares if some UAE prince was with him? That's the price you pay for hanging out with sworn enemies of the USA.
Musharraf knows OBL is likely in the frontier lands of Pakistan, but he also realizes it's a country of 160 million people, a rather many who are somewhat sympathetic to the extremist cause, and that the presence of foreign troops in a non-covert fashion in the country is likely to set off something even he can't control. Frankly he's the best leader for Pakistan that America and the West could hope for.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

I think we need to have more Special Forces guys in Pakistan and we really shouldn't care what Musharref(sp?) says, OBL is there and we need to get him. Sending in a lot oground forces isn't going to win this war, we need to locate where these people are and drop bombs on their head. That's what we should have done with Zarqawi before we invaded, Saddam couldn't do anything to stop us. Clinton should have bombed OBL when he had the chance, who cares if some UAE prince was with him? That's the price you pay for hanging out with sworn enemies of the USA.

Fighting it easy but requires intelligence, diverting from our PC a bit, and planning.

1. Oil and all trade. Cut muslims off finanacially so they must turn to within to access thier problems. How many nuclear power stations and electric car recharge stations could we have built for $420 Billion pissed away in Iraq and Afghanistan? Lots and Lots of R&D into cars making it a reality...In effect cutting off the terrorist life-line, what's been called the largest transfer of wealth in human history to these fanatics. Since we don't know how to fight wars anymore, aka scorched earth, that's really where we need to be. Starve the beast and make them realise a policy of peace is more profitable.

2. Not just oil either - We should include no more aid for any ME country with thier abominable human rights records. (search Saudi Arabia and human rights it's discusting) No more aid until woman have rights. No more aid until infidels can testify in court against muslims... etc etc etc. Incredibly we still give aid to Saudi Arabia, Egypt and even Hammas.

3. Let the radicals come to power, no more supporting these despot regimes. They will fail and the people there will look to other institutions for thier safty and prosperity. Namley representative democracy.

4. No more immigration of saudis, egyptians etc or any other muslim to the west who does not renouce idealogy of terror, slavery, chattled women etc.. Could they Lie? Sure but when we see them at a rally chanting "Death to America" it will be easy to deport them.

5. Mass Deportations of those who chant such slogans or found to harbor hostility for the west and it's values.

Edit; ayabe note: I didn't say anything about shooting people which i think is counter productive unless you're willing to go "all the way" - air strikes on suspected terrorist training camps would be ok. it's cheap and effective. Also I would'nt object to funneling arms on the down low to freedom fighters which we failed to do for the Kurds, Shia, Lebnanese etc etc etc.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
We knew about the hijackers before 9/11 as well; we had warnings from multiple international intelligence agencies about domestic al-Qaeda operations involving airliners. Our administration ignored the reports before, and have thoroughly made use of 9/11 as a political tool in the years since.

I think a little attack, or at least a credible orange alert before the midterm elections would be enough to scare America back into the "right" side of the political aisle (at least in our administration's eye).

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton
We knew about the hijackers before 9/11 as well; we had warnings from multiple international intelligence agencies about domestic al-Qaeda operations involving airliners. Our administration ignored the reports before, and have thoroughly made use of 9/11 as a political tool in the years since.

I think a little attack, or at least a credible orange alert before the midterm elections would be enough to scare America back into the "right" side of the political aisle (at least in our administration's eye).

Agree. There will be at least one alert/scare on the level of the UK liquids alert here sometime before the election.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton

I don't know if anyone else saw this but about 3 weeks ago I watched a very eye-opening program on the National Geographic Channel about a guy named Ali Mohammed who was in the US Army in the late 80's, early 90's and from what this program says, he helped plan some of the embassy bombings, instructed Al-Qaeda on US intelligence gathering, close combat, gave them classified documents and even taught a class to OBL. The FBI had dozens of chances to grab him prior to 9/11, he was all over the place. the sad part is, he is only mentioned once in the 9/11 Commission Report, and then only one line is devoted to him. But from what I saw, he seemed to be THE guy we needed to stop it.

The ineptness of the FBI on this is beyond the pale, I have never heard of this guy before watching this show, it's been played a few times since then, I highly recommend it to everyone.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com

America can't dictate anything to Pakistan and the reason should be obvious to you if you don't live in lala land.