WHY EA SPORTS? WHY? WHY MUST YOU DENY ME LIKE THAT?

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000
need to rant...just called up best borrow and asked if madden 2003 was out yet? he replied "yes for all platforms sir!" i reply..."oh really? what about PCs?"...the guy on the pauses for a sec...."uhhhh uhhh i have to check on that sir..." and i reply..."well? carry on then!" the guy comes back says sorry PC wont be released until next week. I am crushed why must EA tease me like that? WHY? HUH? WHY? :|

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
dude, the guy is full of crap. it came out yesterday. mine shipped and will be here tomorrow.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
you know the pc version has last years engine, right?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: murphy55d
Originally posted by: ElFenix

No, it doesn't. This year it is on-par with the platform versions.

huh, they finally stopped doing that then. ah well, the controllers for pc's still suck. 27" and a couch is a lot better than 19" and a keyboard. or even a sidewinder pad.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000

huh, they finally stopped doing that then. ah well, the controllers for pc's still suck. 27" and a couch is a lot better than 19" and a keyboard. or even a sidewinder pad.

shrugs

I always preferred my Logitech wingman to any console controller. I hate the psx ones.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

shrugs

I always preferred my Logitech wingman to any console controller. I hate the psx ones.

the gc controller rules. comfortable in anyones' hands. the psx/ps2 controller is too small.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred

platform == console?

technically, no, but all these stupid idiots out there think so because they're all console and no PC.

Platform == pc / console

Otherwise, you'd be asking what consoles the game is available for, not what platforms.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt
Originally posted by: notfred

platform == console?

technically, no, but all these stupid idiots out there think so because they're all console and no PC.

Platform == pc / console

Otherwise, you'd be asking what consoles the game is available for, not what platforms.

sorry, this stupid idiot who plays mostly PC games typed the wrong word. i meant console, platform came out. i've been awake since 9pm yesterday, sue me.

anyway, here's a snippet from IGN

"According to Tiburon's executive producer Steven Chiang, "There are two big focuses with 2003. First, the whole game experience will be exactly like the consoles... The second big push is online play."

Unlike last year's PC outing, which was essentially the unperfected and sometimes broken code base of the PS2's 2001 game, only with an underused online franchise mode, this year's is a straight port from the console -- a concurrently developed product that is identical to its cousins as far as gameplay and nuance go. All versions of Madden are now "in synch," as Steven described it. That is to say, all versions play the same, feel the same, sound the same, and react the same."

ANd whoever at Best Blow told the original poster it isn't out til next week is full of it. I'll post a review of the game tomorrow when I get it. :)

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Too bad after 60 days you gotta start paying to play online for the PC version so far.. unless you like IP to IP connections.. :(

LeStEr

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 1999
[/quote]

the gc controller rules. comfortable in anyones' hands. the psx/ps2 controller is too small.[/quote]

And the GC controllers arent?

Ludacris

Oct 4, 2001
Madden 2003 is out today for the pc and I have it in my hands. just got through playing it and its the best football game EA has made.

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Ludacris
Madden 2003 is out today for the pc and I have it in my hands. just got through playing it and its the best football game EA has made.

WHERE DID YOU GET IT! WHERE!!! WHERE!?

Ludacris

Oct 4, 2001
You can goto GameStop or Electronic Boutiques. They have them in stock. I bought mine online from www.ebgames.com and they shipped it straight to my door and I didnt have to pay tax. Can't beat that. Also If you want to get the scoop on Madden 2003, check out the forums at MaddenPlanet.com...Thats where we all hang out and sometimes the EASports producers come in there asking for feedback.

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
yah, its out now, but Best Buy isn't selling it til 8/19 according to their website. No clue why they do this. $39.99 though..don t know what is selling for other places

JawaJedi

Sep 21, 2000
FYI, I just bought it at Electronics Boutique for 39.99 so no reason to go to Best Buy unless you like waiting until next week.

Sephy

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 1999
Originally posted by: Ludacris
Thats not saying much.

the gc controller rules. comfortable in anyones' hands. the psx/ps2 controller is too small.
Considering the GC controller is smaller then the dual shock, you must be confused as hell

XCLAN

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
at least you didnt wait 2 years for halo like a mad dog. readin about it and dreamin everday about, only to have delay after delay, then BAM, not commin out on pc cuzz microsoft made a deal with em, well thats a good move for microsoft cuzz that game is the only reason i bought 4 controllers and a xbox, halo. and it had a lil to do with why i bought a widescreen hdtv.