Why doesn't Anand have a hwbot team?

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
No reason that I know of but I'm afraid that asking that question here in this specific sub-forum will likely just net you a bunch of posts with opinions on the topic and no real answers to your specific question.

Try asking in the Suggestion Box or Personal Forum Issues where you are more likely to have your thread noticed by mods and the folks who would be in the know on a question like yours.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i think thats because no one really cared to start one on this forum.

This forum is not geared at the top 10% of the overclockers out in the interweb.

Its more of a general welcome party that welcomes new people to this hobby of computers we all enjoy. From here its a annex to the more specialized forums where you see on the top ranks of HWBOT.

For example, my second home after this is XtremeSystems in the liquid cooling section. :p

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Yeah, AT tends to be geared more towards the mainstream/budget overclocker and general techie audiences. Not so much the hardcore crowd.

jaggerwild

Sep 14, 2007
Originally posted by: aigomorla
i think thats because no one really cared to start one on this forum.

This forum is not geared at the top 10% of the overclockers out in the interweb.

Its more of a general welcome party that welcomes new people to this hobby of computers we all enjoy. From here its a annex to the more specialized forums where you see on the top ranks of HWBOT.

For example, my second home after this is XtremeSystems in the liquid cooling section. :p

I understand that, my thinking is they have so many people here.I was on 411OK 's team they have the fewest people but are in the top ranked in no time at all.
Good thing you don't have a top ten system huh :D Seriously nice systems! :thumbsup:
Regards!

Edit:
OK, so if that is your reasoning. Then why is there an open discussion on an over clocking contest? Kinda the same question really, Again I just think with all the members a site like this has that it would be fun to have one. Really all anyone needs to do is join hwbot then put this site as there team right?

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I guess I didn't know what you were talking about with HWBOT. I thought you wanted to start a Hardware Robot team.

jaggerwild

Sep 14, 2007
Originally posted by: Martimus
I guess I didn't know what you were talking about with HWBOT. I thought you wanted to start a Hardware Robot team.

lol,
No computer racing basically. I did want to add the this discussion as one of the points made was we do not cater to the high end market(understandable).

But one more argument I have is this, then why are they kicking around an over clocking contest? Again my original argument is the amount of people they have here. I think if they set it up and leave it up to who ever wants to join does....
Regards all!