Why does Walmart Brand milk taste so disgusting?

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Every time I've gotten it, it has been really bad even when it's fresh. It's not a spoiled taste, it's just disgusting. Has anyone else noticed that? I can't imagine why it would taste that bad. I always get the more expensive milk when I go there now.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Shawn
Every time I've gotten it, it has been really bad even when it's fresh. It's not a spoiled taste, it's just disgusting. Has anyone else noticed that? I can't imagine why it would taste that bad. I always get the more expensive milk when I go there now.

I wouldn't know. Been clean and sober from Walmarts for going on 7 years now.

Reactions: Zorba

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Originally posted by: Shawn

I wouldn't know. Been clean and sober from Walmarts for going on 7 years now.

Lucky. I plan not to shop there once I get a real job. But in the mean time I'm a poor college student and I do save a lot of money by shopping there.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I've noticed different milks can have very different tastes. Just find one you like an stick with it, not like it's all that much more expensive.

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
Must be your region. Fine here in ATL. Wild onion season in S. GA/AL?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Perhaps you just have a refined palette.
I never had a problem with Wal-Mart milk, but I only drink skim.

tw1164

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
I've bought costco brand milk before, and it was terrible. It is surprising how much the taste differs brand to brand.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
Originally posted by: SirChadwick
Tastes great here in ATL. No complaints. And the Great Value beef jerky is a winnar too!

The milk I have no problem with, but the great value jerky sucks.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Tastes great here in ATL. No complaints. And the Great Value beef jerky is a winnar too!

Noooooo! O Boy-O-Berto must have finally caved. :(

SirChadwick

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: DeadByDawn

The milk I have no problem with, but the great value jerky sucks.

Try the World Kitchens brand.... it's much worse. Doesn't even taste like beef and has the texture of cardboard. I barely was able to finish the bag.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Most likely regional. I'd wager the exact same milk is sold under another name there, and probably tastes the same.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hmm i don't see how it could taste any diffrent. Wal-mart does not have its own mil refinning plants or cows.

they buy from the milk distributer and sale it. the milk should be the same as most milk in the area.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Call up Citrix and tell him to get you some fresh milk from his milkman because he is the only man on ATOT to have one.