Why does the GOP condone its association with racism?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
BTN_graphic1230.jpg

Source.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15297.html

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate

So do you also conclude that the democratic party is racist?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
At least he is smart enough to stop digging himself in deeper once his racism was exposed. I will give him that much.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
A fed gov run system would be an insane thing to have. The same reason why the various EU states would never want the EU to have a single system for all of them is the reason why we should never want the fed gov to have a single system for all of us.

If each state wants to setup their own, no problem there...but it is simply insane to think the fed gov could provide better healthcare for less money than the states can do it.

When I think of health care in Europe I think of Ireland cuz I lived there for a couple of years.... Ireland is about the size of San Diego County. Everyone is entitled to health care and folks pay for it... Ireland has both Private and Public health care. The government sponsored bit is means tested and like that.
The notion of everyone having health care is what I want... How to do it is something else again... I think, as I said before, some kind of process that makes the best sense is what I'd be wanting... I don't think I know enough about the cost structures and dynamics to produce such a plan... but a plan I'd want. Not by sundown... but in time and maybe by State... So to avoid eating Broccoli.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
When I think of health care in Europe I think of Ireland cuz I lived there for a couple of years.... Ireland is about the size of San Diego County. Everyone is entitled to health care and folks pay for it... Ireland has both Private and Public health care. The government sponsored bit is means tested and like that.
The notion of everyone having health care is what I want... How to do it is something else again... I think, as I said before, some kind of process that makes the best sense is what I'd be wanting... I don't think I know enough about the cost structures and dynamics to produce such a plan... but a plan I'd want. Not by sundown... but in time and maybe by State... So to avoid eating Broccoli.

Imagine if Ireland was forced to use a system run by the politicians in Brussels. The EU having an entire layer of overhead an beaurocracy ontop of that of little Ireland's. THat is why it would fail.

I am definately not opposed to a State having its own single payer healthcare, or one like Ireland has - a little of each. Each State can decide that for themselves.

This is one of the reasons why I can say I support RomneyCare and HawaiiCare but not ObamaCare or any other FedGov forced program. It is the difference between potential success (States) and ensured failure (Fed Gov).

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Imagine if Ireland was forced to use a system run by the politicians in Brussels. The EU having an entire layer of overhead an beaurocracy ontop of that of little Ireland's. THat is why it would fail.

I am definately not opposed to a State having its own single payer healthcare, or one like Ireland has - a little of each. Each State can decide that for themselves.

This is one of the reasons why I can say I support RomneyCare and HawaiiCare but not ObamaCare or any other FedGov forced program. It is the difference between potential success (States) and ensured failure (Fed Gov).

I think it would be better if there were a Constitutional mandate that made all states have something. I said earlier that I've not put pen to paper to try to determine cost structures or anything nor do I buy off on Obama care because he said... State care is fine by me but all states would be my choice.... the how and that I don't have the data to start on it... It seems always best to not do what has failed... and maybe try what has worked... duh as my med school grand son seem quite fond of saying to me. I don't know if Obamacare is viable but I lean toward no... Constitutionally I listened to the SCOTUS arguments on all the elements they heard.. I think it is not going to pass muster... least that is what I think today... Initially, I thought it could...

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
Some of the best minds of the Republican party, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity are still bitching that Obamas past associations were not vetted in '08 and want to relitigate. Meanwhile we have a current association that isn't getting enough coverage.

http://communities.washingtontimes....r-donald-trump-host-las-vegas-fundraiser-mit/

Let's face it birtherism = racism. The only reponse we get from Mittens is similar to "those aren't the words I would have chosen" Meanwhile he has no problem funraising with this kook. So much for the open tent.
Seriously calling people racist is just boring. Out of all the people i know I dont think a single one is racist. And that covers a very wide gamut of people. So how many racists people do you personally know?

I highly doubt any senator or congressman is racist. After all a black vote counts the same as an indian, or chinese of white or whatever.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
And an huge percentage of black people and blue collar union workers that vote Democrat hate gays.

So why does the Democrat party condone bigotry?

Because according to folks like Cybr, they have to be tolerant, even of absurd stupidity.

EDIT: Removed insult.

Personal Attacks and Insults are not allowed in P&N. We've got a forum announcement and two sticky threads on this matter.

Administrator Idontcare

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I'm saying it's good to know you don't know what words mean. It's clear for everyone now. Thanks.

Of course I know what words mean. It appears you are the one who thinks supporting doing something doomed to fail is a sane thing to do. Why do you think this? Why do you think it is sane to want a form of healthcare we all know will be horrible and fail miserably...something akin to what even the Europeans do not want due to knowing it will be both horrible and fail?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
You did not claim SUBJECTIVE, you claimed OBJECTIVE. I want to see your data, not your feelings.

So you're claiming that what I've said about extremes on the left being balanced by extremes on the right is somehow subjective?

It is self-evident that there are extremes in both ideological camps that are usually found, nationally, in the House of Representatives.

Below are the results from the 2004 and 2008 elections. Weighing the amount of red and blue you see on these maps against the populations in any given area you begin to see how ideologically balanced this country is.

In a country where one party is, in your words, FAR nuttier than the other that party wouldn't be as well represented in the election results as the Democrats are.

2008:
purple-america.png

2004:
PurpleAmericaPosterAll50.gif

Notice how similar they are. So, yes, I believe it is quite self-evident that the nuttiness we see in our political parties is not the exclusive domain of any one of them.

Since craziness/nuttiness is the exception instead of the rule in a society that is not in a state of anarchy, logically if the Democrats were "far nuttier" than the Republicans we would see much less blue and if the Republicans were "far nuttier" than the Democrats we'd see much less red.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So you're claiming that what I've said about extremes on the left being balanced by extremes on the right is somehow subjective?

Yes, if it is objective you would be able to post data supporting your position. You keep stating opinions as facts...which continues to show your position is subjective to your own personal views.

Objective is quite different and is not subject to your personal views and opinions. Show the data supporting your claim or else admit it is not objective.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Some of the best minds of the Republican party, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity are still bitching that Obamas past associations were not vetted in '08 and want to relitigate. Meanwhile we have a current association that isn't getting enough coverage.

http://communities.washingtontimes....r-donald-trump-host-las-vegas-fundraiser-mit/

Let's face it birtherism = racism. The only reponse we get from Mittens is similar to "those aren't the words I would have chosen" Meanwhile he has no problem funraising with this kook. So much for the open tent.

Not really. But both birthers and racists are part of the much larger group of "willfully ignorant"

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Yes, if it is objective you would be able to post data supporting your position. You keep stating opinions as facts...which continues to show your position is subjective to your own personal views.

Objective is quite different and is not subject to your personal views and opinions. Show the data supporting your claim or else admit it is not objective.

I have. See the pictures in the rest of the post of which you only quoted a small part.

I know the difference between subjective and objective. My opinion was formed by the objective data shown... making the difference, in this case, a technicality.

Last edited:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
And an huge percentage of black people and blue collar union workers that vote Democrat hate gays.

An even higher percentage of Republicans hate gays. I guess you weren't paying attention when Richard Grenell was hung out to dry by the spineless Romney?

The black bigotry against gays has been shameful but is changing rapidly -- in part due to Obama's (belated) leadership. It doesn't come close to the sheer hatred towards gays displayed by the bible-addled knuckle-dragging right.

Dodging a valid question? Is that the best you can do?

That and deliberately misstating others' positions is pretty much all he does. Just ignore him -- there are plenty of reasonable people to talk to here.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
An even higher percentage of Republicans hate gays. I guess you weren't paying attention when Richard Grenell was hung out to dry by the spineless Romney?

So it's OK if with you if Democrats are bigots because Republicans are?

Why do you condone bigotry in your party?

Democrats are disgusting. You'll throw away any principle if it'll earn you a vote.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I have. See the pictures in the rest of the post of which you only quoted a small part.

I know the difference between subjective and objective. My opinion was formed by the objective data shown... making the difference, in this case, a technicality.

Cybr likes to keep things as binary as possible.

EDIT: Removed insult.

No insults or personal attacks in P&N.

Administrator Idontcare

Last edited:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
*looks back through his post*

Nope, never said that. Didn't say anything like it, in fact.

Of course you did. You refused to admit I was correct, and instead pointed out how Republicans are worse.

Why do you feel the need to lie about other people rather than engage in a reasonable discussion?

Incidentally, I'm not a Democrat.

I haven't seen you make a single reasonable post since you started shilling for the Democrats here a couple weeks ago. Every post I've read from you is about how evil Republicans are. Suuuuuure you're not a Democrat. :rolleyes:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Of course you did. You refused to admit I was correct, and instead pointed out how Republicans are worse.

Pointing out that even more Republicans are bigots than Democrats doesn't mean I am "OK if Democrats are bigots".

Knowing how to reason is useful. It's a skill you should consider acquiring.

I haven't seen you make a single reasonable post since you started shilling for the Democrats here a couple weeks ago. Every post I've read from you is about how evil Republicans are.

Republicans (as they are now) are evil. No, I am not a Democrat.

See above about reasoning.