Why does my main PC Monitor blink with the latest drivers when I turn on my TV ?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Why does my main PC Monitor blink with the latest drivers when I turn on my TV that is directly connected to my video card as well ?'

Never use to happen.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Because latest drivers? It wouldn't bother me if it just happens that one time when the TV is turned on. Sometimes when I turn my connected TV on, the TV itself gets the right picture then a second or two later does some weird blink thing, where it doesn't go dark but instead has some corrupted image on screen for a fraction of a second, but then runs fine until some later time I turn it on again, and doesn't do it every time I turn it on.

I'm not running the latest drivers on that rig, they're nVidia 391.01.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Because latest drivers? It wouldn't bother me if it just happens that one time when the TV is turned on. Sometimes when I turn my connected TV on, the TV itself gets the right picture then a second or two later does some weird blink thing, where it doesn't go dark but instead has some corrupted image on screen for a fraction of a second, but then runs fine until some later time I turn it on again, and doesn't do it every time I turn it on.

I'm not running the latest drivers on that rig, they're nVidia 391.01.

Weird.

It only happens for me on Nvidia 400.xx drivers :(

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
Try uninstalling the drivers, and make sure both monitors are running when you reinstall them. It's possible the latest drivers borked things, but it may just be an install issue.

2 monitors require different minimum frequencies on the core and/or memory for different cards, otherwise they flicker. If the latest drivers won't work right, file a bug report and reinstall older ones.