• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Question Why does my gtx 460 get hot so quickly then start making my screen look all weird

Mikeyg210

Nov 16, 2020
I have been getting weird artifacts on my screen lately and I feel its due to my Nvidia gtx 460 getting so hot so quickly

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Most likely correct. Check to see if the Fan is still spinning properly. If not, it will likely need replaced, which may not be easy and may require you to buy a complete Heatsink/Fan for GPUs. If it is really dirty, a cleaning might solve your issue. Given the age and Artifacting/Heat, there is a strong chance that the card has permanent damage though.

Leeea

Apr 3, 2020
I have been getting weird artifacts on my screen lately and I feel its due to my Nvidia gtx 460 getting so hot so quickly
serious question:
Have you ever cleaned the heatsink? (With a can of air that has the pokey tube attached. Alternatively, a vacuum cleaner can work to if your careful for static.)

ASK THE COMMUNITY