Why does it take grape juice so long to get cold?

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Everytime I get a container of Concord Grape Juice and throw it in the fridge, it takes a solid 24 hours to get nice and cold. What gives?

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Conservation of momentum. The Concord Jet is supersonic. Therefore anything named concord must be slow in comparison in order to conserve momentum...see it all must add up to be equal, to cancel each other out. Take the Chrysler Concorde for example...slow as molasses in January. Unless the molasses is being carried by a pasenger on the Concorde...then its not slow as molasses in January, cause then it'd be fast.

It's either that or you keep opening the damn fridge to check the status of your grape juice, and keep lettin warm air in the fridge.

Or, it could be conservation of impatience. You have heard the phrase, "A watched pot never boils" right? well it is offset by "A watched container of Concorde grape juice never cools unless ejected from an aircraft traveling at Mach 1.2 or greater"

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Great answer, element®.

You can make a nice grape slush by taking a bottle of frozen grape juice out of the freezer. Leave it at room temperature, and it will be ready to drink in the amount of time it takes to finish playing an average round of Scrabble®.

Hence the phrase, "I game, I thaw, I Concord."

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
...a cheep piece of crap...
Moonbeam, is this a novel way of saying "chickenshit"? :D

Paul

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Grape juice is yucky. Stains yer teeth and leaves your mouth dry. Bleeeech

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Wombat, No it just means my spelling is pretty fowl, for the birds really. I could say, though, that those two 'e's in cheep is a good reason why Ah nee may doesn't sound right to me. In fact I think I just did say that. In my opinion the people who wrote the dictionaries had no idea how to spell.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Moonbeam:
I never thought I would say this to anyone, but your creative spelling is one of your many quirky charms. :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Moonbeam blushes with pride. Half the polysylabic, sesquapedial, palliatives that prance about my palate, I ain't ever even seen wrote. I just heard um somewhere. Acourse it don't make no difference cause I couldn't see um in my head even if I did stare at um real good. I guess I could write everything in Word and cut and paste, but that would be like shooting blanks and wearing a rubber. Maybe Zuni could put a spell checker in the message box.